It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

There are no Roman death penalties for same sex relations.

Abortion isn't evil. Natural processes abort about 50% of fertilized eggs.

Rape is fornication or adultery; Jesus certainly did preach about that on many occasions.

Jesus very specifically said that "what you do to one of these little ones you have done to me" and "it would be better for a millstone to be hung around your neck and be cast into the sea rather than hurt one of these little ones." Can you draw your own conclusion there?

Drug abuse isn't "evil" It is at times a physical addition and disorder. Jesus turned water into wine. Alcohol is a drug.

You're full of hooey, but you don't apparently know that.

edit on 17Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:18:58 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Do you know what percentage of practicing Christians who divorce remarry?

Do you know what percentage of Christians had no previous relationships and were still virgins when they got married? How many Christians aren't guilty of lust and therefore, according to Jesus, guilty of adultery?

Yeah. I stick by original comment, a majority of Christians today are living in adulterous SIN.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

It couldn't possibly be because Christians are beholden to a set of rules that spiritually punishes them for divorcing, could it? So they stick with a relationship regardless of reciprocated love, personal safety, happiness, etc...
Nah, couldn't be that. Christians are just better at life.

My guess is when we stood up in front of God, and our families, friends and community and took VOWS, that we meant them.

Among many, many other things, the honor of a man's word has been cheapened by this crotch-grazing society.

It used to be better than this, and only those who want acceptance of immorality deny it.

Angrily.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So, then you admit it. You didn't get beat up by Muslims because you're not Muslim.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Or how many of the married Christians have lustful fantasies about people other than their husband or wife? You don't have to commit a sin to be a sinner. Thinking it is just as bad.

I've sinned about 3 times just writing this post. I consider it being therapeutic to think about tossing idiots over the roofs of tall buildings. I guess that makes it 4.
edit on 4/10/2015 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do you know what percentage of Christians had no previous relationships and were still virgins when they got married? How many Christians aren't guilty of lust and therefore, according to Jesus, guilty of adultery?

Yeah. I stick by original comment, a majority of Christians today are living in adulterous SIN.

I was not a virgin when I got married. It is a tremendous regret to me as I understand now why God has boundaries for us. If I could go back and change it, I would.

That does not make mean I am living in adulterous sin.

I am a married man, and I have lusted after women other than my wife. Often. I am a accomplished sinner. You are correct in your statement that I am guilty of adultery in my heart - many times.

That does not mean I am living in adulterous sin.

I take the words of Jesus seriously - "go, and sin no more." I have spent a lot of time in the confessional, and I am sure I will continue to. I am trying very hard to to avoid sin, and avoid whatever leads me to sin. With God's grace, I'm getting better at it.

With God's grace, I received forgiveness for my sins. I have received absolution from those granted the authority to absolve me in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

That is offered to you also.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: windword

In my view, this move on President Obama's part, is absolutely vital.

I am straight, and I am Christian, but I know cruelty and torture when I see them, and that is the very definition of some of the methods I have heard of, which are being used to coerce alterations in sexual preference in young men and women. This despite the FACT that there is no scientific evidence what so ever, which supports the idea that these therapies work, AND even worse, the fact that even if they did, the methodology used to achieve the result is ENTIRELY amoral in and of itself!

The very existence of these therapies is an indictment against the human race. The people who organise and operate these retreats and therapeutic sessions, ought to be ashamed of their hubris. The idea that many of these organisations are supposed to be faith based, frankly makes me sick to my stomach, as all such hypocrisy does. I hope that Obama's proposal is endorsed and upheld in this instance.

What methodology are you referring to? I know little about the actual process involved.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You might want to make a note of "Pride" and "False Witness" before your next trip to the confessional.

At a minimum.

Have fun all. Peach out.
edit on 17Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:27:47 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: Bye

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So, then you admit it. You didn't get beat up by Muslims because you're not Muslim.

[snipped]

I got beat up precisely because I was not a muslim. I did not know it at the time, but Parisian muslims don't like it when non-muslims want to go ice skating in near one of their 'no go zones.'

They throw things at the women in your company and then assualt you for confronting them.

Please try and follow along.

Try hard.
edit on Fri Apr 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I consider it being therapeutic to think about tossing idiots over the roofs of tall buildings.

This is what muslims do to homosexuals.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It's what American Troops do to Muslims in their home countries.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You might want to make a note of "Pride" and "False Witness" before your next trip to the confessional.

I will take note of that. I am proud to stand up for what is right, but in other ways, I am proud when I should not be.

The false witness thing is BS.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You must not remember this from catechism class ... not telling the truth IS bearing false witness.

In other words, when you misrepresent the truth, as you have here on several occasions, it's a sin according to the Book.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In no way have I lied, twisted, or misrepresented the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Abortion isn't evil.

I note this also.

Bully. According to your beliefs, your god created a process that results in 50% of fertilized embryos being aborted, and about 30% of fetuses up until about week 20 or so.

So, if your god does it, at least according to you, it's not "evil" is it?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

In no way have I lied, twisted, or misrepresented the truth.

It has been demonstrated here that you have, repeatedly, overtly, and intentionally.

Maybe you'd better start making tic marks by "Bearing False Witness" ... if you're going to keep this up.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Abortion isn't evil.

I note this also.

Bully. According to your beliefs, your god created a process that results in 50% of fertilized embryos being aborted, and about 30% of fetuses up until about week 20 or so.

So, if your god does it, at least according to you, it's not "evil" is it?

Do you imagine that you are clever with this stupidity?

Mocking God never turns out well. You should stop it immediately.

God's ways are not our ways. Comparing a woman's choice to suck a living human into a sink to the Author of creation is dangerous.

Damnable.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join