It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Biological differences between gay & straight.
www.newscientist.com...

Now that is not the only study in regards to this topic, there are many more, Google is your friend.

Now I don't believe in any religion, I see them all as varying degrees of mental illness of some form or another, so maybe what we really need is therapeutic "camps" to "Educate the Pray Away". Belief in religion is a lifestyle choice that can & does have many negative consequences for society at large, so we as a people should help those suffering from such an affliction.

Homosexuality on the other hand is a natural byproduct of the human existence, so to all that rant (but but god), God created the gays.

Furthering the fallacy of god, lets pretend that he exists, & he really did send his only son, yada yada ya. Now that son said ("judge not less you be judged") & ("what you do to the least of them you do to me").
So all those "christians" that want to judge & marginalize gay people are failing Gods Only Begotten Sons commandments, which means their names will not be found in The Book of Life & they're going to hell.

That's right all the holier than thou rabble-rousers will be tormented (wink wink nod nod) by horrible demons in hell for their arrogance.
All because their hubris caused them to fail Gods test of Love & Humility, two things sorely lacking from most who claim to know god.

A parable.....

John a gay man with a firm belief in God spent his time & life helping others who found themselves in situations such as he had endured. You see John was brought up during a time when homosexuals were abused & cast aside by society at large because they were such a small minority of people. Different was dangerous society said, you're not like me so you must be bad.

Now John, even though he had been abused & cursed by man, still believed in Gods message of Love & Inclusion, so he helped others who suffered as he once did. He counseled teens who had been cast from their homes & communities by parents & people who felt no love in their hearts for their gay offspring. He told them not to hate but to forgive parents & communities because they know not what they do.
John spent a lifetime teaching the young not to hate themselves or others but to accept & love themselves & others for the way God made them.
Then he died...

Paul an honored man of the community had status & riches, a man looked upon with envy by the people.
He had all that one could ask, so he believed himself blessed. Surely God loves me he mused, look at all that I have attained. In his hubris Paul came to believe that because God blessed him with so much, God loved him more than most.
So Paul decided he would be the arbiter of Gods will, he decided who was worthy & who should be pariah in his community.
"They don't believe as we do, they are different from us, God would not love such as they" he said.
"Do not love this kind, cast them from our sight & God will be pleased, for surely I know the Will of God because I have been blessed".
So they hardened their hearts with hatred & cast those different aside & honored Paul for his deeds.
Then he died....

John & Paul stood before God both knowing the other....
God looked at both his creations before Him, contemplating their value to His Word.

John seeing who stood beside him became concerned that he had failed god, "Did my loving men doom me not to know Gods love & forgiveness" he wondered.Paul on the other hand looked upon John & thought "Ha you're going to get yours now sinner for Gods wrath is at hand".

Then God spoke...
"John I made you as you are & therefor you have suffered many tribulation by my hand yet have kept my Word to love, forgive & fear not, you have always honored Me by your deeds, come forth & know me".
John wept with joy as he embraced God & entered heaven.

Paul aghast at what he had just witnessed questioned God "But how can you accept him, he is a sinner, he has lain with men"

God wearily looked upon Paul & said "Love is not a sin but hate is", God continued, "I gave you everything, wealth, power & prestige, I blessed you as no other, what did you do with that blessing"?

Paul confused & angered spoke, "But God I honored you, I taught my people to fear your wrath & to keep your commandments"

God again gently shook His head & said "So you taught my creations to fear me as a gazelle fears the lion, you taught them to hate my other creations as though they were not my own, you who taught parents not to love their children but to cast them out dare speak of honoring me".
"I know you not" said God, "for your heart is filled with pride & hate, begone from my bosom oh wretched one ".

K~
edit on 10-4-2015 by aethertek because: weird paragraphs

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

One of the best posts ever...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Seamrog

Abortion isn't evil.

I note this also.

Bully. According to your beliefs, your god created a process that results in 50% of fertilized embryos being aborted, and about 30% of fetuses up until about week 20 or so.

So, if your god does it, at least according to you, it's not "evil" is it?

Do you imagine that you are clever with this stupidity?

Mocking God never turns out well. You should stop it immediately.

God's ways are not our ways. Comparing a woman's choice to suck a living human into a sink to the Author of creation is dangerous.

Damnable.

It's also off-topic.

But just for the record, since you asked me so kindly, it is my personal opinion that religion is a blight on humanity.

To me, if your god were anything other than the projections of your own picayune hatred and fears, I would spit in His face.

Fortunately for me, I know you're just babbling superstitious nonsense; so go shake your ju-ju at someone else.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Not usually my thing but you make excellent points within your parable-izing.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I was not a virgin when I got married. It is a tremendous regret to me as I understand now why God has boundaries for us. If I could go back and change it, I would.

That does not make mean I am living in adulterous sin.

This isn't really about you, I was referring to a majority, into which you admittedly fit. However, if YOU were in a committed relationship and having sex, and you abandoned that relationship for whatever reason, unless YOU abandon your wife, and go back to your first love, YOU ARE living in adulterous SIN, according to the teachings of Jesus; "Go and sin no more."

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I would spit in His face.

I believe you. I believe Obama would also.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nope, you don't understand what a marriage is.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
IN an effort to lighten the mood, maybe a bit, I'd like to offer this unique perspective on the "god" we keep bandying about.

"ONN Exclusive: One-on-One Interview with God"

(Mods, feel free to delete if too far off topic)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Riiiiiight, Marriage, it's that thing that father's sell their daughters into.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Riiiiiight, Marriage, it's that thing that father's sell their daughters into.

You think a man can marry a man, and a woman can marry a woman.

You clearly don't understand marriage.

As further evidenced by this post.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

One of the best posts ever...

Thanks...
K~

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not usually my thing but you make excellent points within your parable-izing.

Thanks.

Thanks, sorry if it was a bit long winded.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Well, much of it boils down to variations on the theme of aversion therapy.

The subject will be sat in a room, and asked to watch a film (A Clockwork Orange much?), which will contain images of a homoerotic nature. They will also receive an electric shock to the hands or genitals if they show any sign of arousal what so ever. The film will then show some heterosexually focused content, and there will be no shocks administered, reinforcing the idea that thinking about members of your own sex will get your balls lit up like Christmas at Times Square, where as thinking about the opposite sex, will not.

There are other methods, involving slightly different deliveries of "instructive" pain, but none of them are pleasant, scientifically valid in terms of their likelihood to work in the first place, or ethically administered.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You think a man can marry a man, and a woman can marry a woman.

I KNOW they can.

You clearly don't understand marriage.

You and your church don't own the definition of marriage. People who don't believe in your god can still be married.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

A marriage is the permanent union of one man and one woman for the rearing of children.

Always has been.

Always will be.

You can paint a pink pig whatever color you want.

It will still be a pink pig.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A marriage is the permanent union of one man and one woman for the rearing of children.

That's one, and only one, of many kinds of marriages. Not all marriages are about having children. Children are not only born to married couples.

Not all marriages have to conform to Christianity and the Bible. Marriage licenses are issued by the state, not the church. Fortunately, we still have some semblance of "separation of church and state".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No.

That is THE definition of marriage.

Children should only be born to married couples.

Children have a right to a mother and a father who love each other and remain committed to each other.

Children should be protected from the madness of divorce, and shacking up and sham same-sex 'marriages.'

They should be protected from ALL this.

Your biology tells you so.

Anthropology tell you so.

Natural law tells you so.

Historical tradition tells you so.

The anger and bitterness in you heart also tells you so.

Listen to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yep, definitely a step in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That is THE definition of marriage.

No it's not. Here's the Full Definition of MARRIAGE, according to Merriam Webster

a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage
b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock
c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
: an intimate or close union

Children should only be born to married couples...............

Blah! Blah! Blah! I don't need your lectures.

edit on 10-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

We have come full circle.

You (and many others) have abandoned the biology, the anthropology, the history, the tradition and the order that brought you here for your particular sexual proclivities.

You place your whims above the needs of children.

You support government intervention between parents and this madness.

You support this madness.

To suit your sexual whims.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join