It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I was asked for scientific proof of ordered sex.

You weren't asked for a lesson in the birds and bees. What the hell is "ordered sex"? We're talking about love, sexual expression and identity and you're talking about baby making. Two different topics.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: mOjOm

You don't know anything about me.

I know something about you by the things you say on this website.

I know you are an angry person, whose anger gets stirred up easily when someone posts about sex or religion in a way that makes you uncomfortable.

Yeah, well if that's the only basis to know someone by what they post here, I know that you're working awfully hard to condemn something that should have very little to do with you, and as you have probably at least one time today used the phrase "shove that down my throat" in regard to "gay issues" ... let me make something clear to you.

If you didn't have repressed homosexual feelings, you wouldn't give a tinker's dam about what others do and don't do.

I know you're trying to cover your excitement up with that Bible, but it ain't workin'.

I mean let's face it. Doesn't your temperature start going up when you think about all those unholy things these gay people must be doing to each other? Does it make you want to get down on your knees ... and pray?

I bet it does, at least, that would be true if I could know anything about you or your actual personality and self from your posts ...

... which is of course, patently absurd.

I don't know anything about you, except that you're misguided in your beliefs.

/shrug
edit on 16Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:48:58 -050015p042015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Gryphon66

What you myopic posters don't "get" is that all this government over-reach is eventually going to bite YOU in the ass!

If we ever get a religious nutter in the Whitehouse, it'll be you screeching about government overreach, but it'll be too late then.

The key words here are "eventually" and "over-reach". You see, "eventually" implies that this is not, in fact, legislation that goes over the line. Protecting children from the psychological abuse of gay treatment camps is a good thing. So until your "eventually" happens, this isn't government over-reach, it's just government reach.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This isn't anger and I'm very comfortable with this topic.

I do however get impatient and irritated with the stupid and misinformed people who continue to this modern day to compare Homosexuals with Pedophiles or Beastiality when right now at your fingertips is the largest and most accessible collection of knowledge ever that mankind has had access to.

There is no reason at all for anyone to continue to spout such complete and utter Bull Sh*t other than because they are too damn lazy or too stubborn to educate themselves.

That sir, is what makes me angry. It's having to deal with antiquated, backward, fossils who won't even try and bring themselves out of there stone age thinking. I'm sick to death of having to wait for all of you monobrow, knuckledraggers to get with the program.

Hope that helps clearify some things for you as to why I might seem a bit angry from time to time.

EDIT: I sure make a lot of grammatical errors when I type in a hurry!! I hope that doesn't take away from the message however.
edit on 10-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Did Jesus not tell the woman at the well "Go, and SIN no more?"

Hum.

If she had taken that advice, she would've wound up begging in the streets. Since she was a divorced and remarried woman, like more than 50% of today's wives and husbands, she would have had to have abandoned her husband, whom she loved.

I guess Jesus' advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt, eh, as a huge majority of Christians are living in adulterous SIN!

edit on 10-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So ... now that we've stopped our fortune teller act trying to define who each other is .. .

I really want to get back to the topic.

Seamrog, you're in favor of these abusive, hateful, child molesting camps.

Care to tell us why you support the abuse of innocents?

I mean, I know you're Roman Catholic and all, but that's no good reason ... you're not in the priesthood, are you?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Have you ever lived in a place where you could be arrested for being with the person you loved?

I was, until 2003. It was that backward place called "the United States of America."

Also, humorously "the land of the free."

Have you ever been called perverted, disgusting, and the equivalent of a child molester because of the innate feelings you have for significant others?

I have, today.

You didn't have to come out as straight because no one has ever beaten the crap out of someone for "being straight" or tortured them and tied them to a fence in the middle of nowhere to die choking on their own blood ... for being straight.

It is not me or anyone else who is gay/lesbian/bi/trans* who made our sexual orientation an issue, it was people like you in society.

And for the record, I don't spend ANY time here on my sexual identity.

I spend time here correcting lies and gross misunderstandings and trying to get people to base their lives on evidence rather than belief.

I been called all sorts of names, and received threats because of my religious beliefs.

I have beaten up because I was not a muslim.

I don't go parading it around and demanding a tyrannical acceptance of me .

I have never advocated for bad treatment of homosexuals. If you worked beside me, or lived beside me, you would think I am a swell guy.

There is such a anti-Christian sentiment on this website, that an opposing belief is openly ridiculed in terrible ways.

I am merely presenting an opposing viewpoint.

I've been told on this website that I am no longer welcome in this country because I don't accept homosexual 'marriage.'

You carry such a chip on your shoulder, and likely have for so long that it is natural to you.

I understand that it ruffles your feathers when you don't get your way, but that is typical of the narcissist homosexual lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I'm in agreement with Wilson on this one. I'm all for banning forced treatment, but it should still be available to those who want it. An all out ban across the board goes too far.

So if someone believed that the only way to cure their mental illness was to drill a hole in their head to allow the demons out, you would be okay with it? Conversion therapy is on the same level as medieval medical practices where it doesn’t cure and does more damage in the end.

___

A really excellent insight into conversion therapy is a program called Undercover Doctor: Cure Me I'm Gay where a gay doctor goes through the various kinds of gay to straight conversion therapies. One of the best lines from the entire program, and succinctly sums up why these therapies should be banned, is this:

Where is your confidence, your self-esteem? The very thing therapy is supposed to be giving you, is stripping away.

Therapy is supposed to help you. All of them harm you.

Later on in the program, he offers to do a sexuality test with people who are supposedly ex-gay from these treatments and all of them decline. Here was a chance for them to unequivocally prove what they advertise and not a single one of them was willing to step up.

The doctor was administered the test too and after all the “conversion” therapies he went through, he came out gayer.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I don't believe you! If you got beat up by Muslims it was probably because of your crass mouth!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: boymonkey74

He's waffling because he knows that Jesus Christ never said one word about homosexuality or bisexuality or gender identity.

He knows he's got to go to the Pentapuke or to Paul ... and he knows that there's all kinds of other "sins" that wrap up anything to do with homosexuals.

Or ... maybe he's afraid someone will drop a house on him. /shrug

This is such a ridiculous statement, and show how truly ignorant you are, or are choosing to be.

Open homosexuality in the land and the time of Jesus Christ was met with death. It was not fathomable that a man who called himself 'gay' would approach Jesus and ask him if it was OK.

Jesus never gave a sermon on the terrible evil of abortion, or the terrible evil of rape, or the terrible evil of child sexual abuse or the terrible evil of drug abuse, or many of the terrible evils that for two eons were commonly understood as evil.

You are grasping at straws, but you know that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sorry for the rant and hostile takeover of the topic. I leave it in your hands now as I'm off to my filthy modern sinful ways for now.

Good luck to you and Windword and the others rational minds here at ATS.

Me and my dog are going to go pick out some sex toys and stuffed animals together.

link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

The doctor was administered the test too and after all the “conversion” therapies he went through, he came out gayer.

For exactly the same reasons, I'd imagine, that a strictly heterosexual person would be scarred and reaffirmed of their heterosexuality if there were such a thing as a "straight therapy" camp. Sexuality outside the preferences hardwired into your brain are detestable at worst, and unsettling at best, to most people.

Live and let live.

link   

This isn't about you.....
This is about some forcing others to go against the way god/nature made them.
If you call homosexuality a disorder you are one of these people.
You claim it is religious beliefs but you ARE cherry picking and ARE hiding behind your religion to hide your bigotry.
I know many Christians who don't care If gay folk get married I know a few gay Christians who actually are more Christ like than 99% of so called Christians like yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There is more sanctioned rape in the Bible than there are passages allegedly condemning homosexuality.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You are not presenting an "opposing viewpoint" ... there is nothing in the Bible for 99% of the garbage you've posted here.

This is all you baby. Jesus never said a word about the gays.

You cannot invoke your religion as proof in your argument, and then whine when people treat your religion factually.

There's no anti-Christian sentiment on ATS until Christians try to use their faith as "the Truth."

Oh boo hoo, someone ""told you" that you're no longer welcome in this country? Well, unless it was INS you're in the clear.

I carry a chip on my shoulder. You are ABSOLUTELY correct. It was put there and nailed on by bigots like you.

But as to "ruffling my feathers" that's a real joke. Maybe you take this stuff super seriously ... I'm spending time on a webiste arguing for the truth with those who believe in talking snakes.

If you think I don't this whole conversation with you in the perspective of the absurdity it is ... you're ... just wrong.

But, if I were you, I wouldn't throw that "narcissist" tag too awfully far. That can boomerang more often than you think.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

That would be my guess too. That after going through some horrific experiences, one might reaffirm to themselves as a form of comfort. The doctor thought the test was kind of hilarious too when it was over.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I guess Jesus' advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt, eh, as a huge majority of Christians are living in adulterous SIN!

A 'huge majority' of Christians have not divorced and remarried.

50% of marriages now sadly end in divorce.

Do you know what that percentage is for practicing Christians?

Do you know what percentage of practicing Christians who divorce remarry?

Clearly by your statement you do not.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

A 'huge majority' of Christians have not divorced and remarried.

50% of marriages now sadly end in divorce.

Do you know what that percentage is for practicing Christians?

Do you know what percentage of practicing Christians who divorce remarry?

Clearly by your statement you do not.
It couldn't possibly be because Christians are beholden to a set of rules that spiritually punishes them for divorcing, could it? So they stick with a relationship regardless of reciprocated love, personal safety, happiness, etc...
Nah, couldn't be that. Christians are just better at life.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There is no reason at all for anyone to continue to spout such complete and utter Bull Sh*t other than because they are too damn lazy or too stubborn to educate themselves.

That sir, is what makes me angry. It's having to deal with antiquated, backward, fossils who won't even try and bring themselves out of there stone age thinking. I'm sick to death of having to wait for all of you monobrow, knuckledraggers to get with the program.

This is exactly what I said - someone presents an alternate (and normal, traditional, healthy, pro-life) view to your picture of reality and you get angry.

You have issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't believe you! If you got beat up by Muslims it was probably because of your crass mouth!

I posted it here in the muslim 'no-go zones' thread.

If you defend a woman to a muslim, it apparently makes them angry and violent. Who knew?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join