It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:
(post by dr1234 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

The question is, do we have the right approach? I don't think we do. I see a bunch of phoney ungay'd people who don't seem genuinely convinced or happy.

I posted this earlier before all the 'gay is good' nonsense, and it is useful to post it again.

Courage is a Catholic apostolate that actually helps men and women who want to live a spiritually and morally healthy life.

No doubt there are people who are not 'convinced' their same-sex attraction is gone, and no doubt there remains some sadness.

From the Christian perspective, we all have crosses to carry in this life. We either pick them up and carry them walking towards the next life, or we ignore them.

There are some who make the noble choice to try and live as God intended them.

Doesn't mean they will be happy, but in the end, the inner peace that can't be bought or soothed with immoral sex and sham 'marriages' wins out.

Courage - real hope for those wanting to leave gay lifestyle behind them.

This is a documentary of three who have made a remarkable choice:

The Desire of the Everlasting Hills

The angry rhetoric of the homosexualists that all conversion therapy is bad is a lie, and here is the proof.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: mahatche

The question is, do we have the right approach? I don't think we do. I see a bunch of phoney ungay'd people who don't seem genuinely convinced or happy.

I posted this earlier before all the 'gay is good' nonsense, and it is useful to post it again.

Courage is a Catholic apostolate that actually helps men and women who want to live a spiritually and morally healthy life.

No doubt there are people who are not 'convinced' their same-sex attraction is gone, and no doubt there remains some sadness.

From the Christian perspective, we all have crosses to carry in this life. We either pick them up and carry them walking towards the next life, or we ignore them.

There are some who make the noble choice to try and live as God intended them.

God did not intend same sex orientation to be anything but what it is.

"Courage" is a conversion therapy program.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
a reply to: windword

Obama bending over for a sizable portion of the constituency. Nothing all that surprising with an election coming up.

I am a bi male and I still don't like liberals or Obama.

Any thoughts on "LGBT conversion therapy"?

I've never heard of it.

I'll bet we'll eventually hear something about "Sluggish Schizophrenia" though.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Either you are uninformed, or you are a liar.

The link is there for people who finally want to answer the call for peace in their lives.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Would anyone agree to making it legal for a woman to have a clitorectomy even if she said she wanted it just because her religion told her she must?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Your spam about "Courage" has nothing to do with the topic. The topic is not about whatever religious woo some ADULTS may decide to subject themselves to.

The topic is about a proposed law that would prevent the abuse of children and minors by subjecting them to various "conversion therapies."

May I request, kindly, that you stay on topic?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: windword

Obama bending over for a sizable portion of the constituency. Nothing all that surprising with an election coming up.

I am a bi male and I still don't like liberals or Obama.

Any thoughts on "LGBT conversion therapy"?

I've never heard of it.

I'll bet we'll eventually hear something about "Sluggish Schizophrenia" though.

With all due respect, then, why are you posting in a discussion about enforced "LGBT Conversion Therapy" if you don't know what it is or have any opinion about it?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NFLJACK
Would anyone agree to making it legal for a woman to have a clitorectomy even if she said she wanted it just because her religion told her she must?

Is she a competent adult?

So long as she finds a surgeon willing to perform such disfigurement, I'd say it's up to her choice, after a waiting period.

It's not like one can just reattach after it's gone.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The link is there for people who finally want to answer the call for peace in their lives.

You've been cited multiple times in this thread for posting belief-based nonsense and proven to be posting outright dishonesty. You have been inexcusably rude to a long-time member by calling them a liar with no evidence, and now you've done it again, with NO evidence to back up your assertions aside from your own beliefs.

You're contrinually off-topic here, you've sidetracked the discussion, and in general, you're contributing nothing but the standard religious cant we are all too familiar with.

When you understand why it is WRONG for anyone ... a parent, a priest, a preacher ... ANYONE to try to make a child believe that who they are is wrong or an abomination or abnormal or to shame them for being who they are, and acknowledge that fact, then you might have some small standing.

As it is, your posts are just visual noise.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Given that there is no more Godless an organisation on the face of this planet, than the Roman Catholic Church, I find the idea of anyone finding aid in a time of crisis from a website such as the one you have linked to, absolutely hilarious, but about as likely as One Direction releasing a death metal album.

Furthermore, this same sex attraction BS...

I have seen this nonsense on the television show "My Husband Is Not Gay!" before now, a show where gentlemen who happen to be MARRIED and even have CHILDREN, are wandering around their local clothing store, nudging each other and saying "What about that guy? Or him over there, damn, did you see the triceps muscles on that dude? Daaaaayum!"

THESE PEOPLE ARE LYING TO THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES ABOUT WHO THEY ARE! AND FOR WHAT? CONFORMITY? TO KEEP UP APPEARANCES?

This desire to be something they are not, i.e. straight males, will see them destroy their wives, their children, and themselves over time. I am sure that might be considered by some backward, shallow, indoctrinated, failed psychological experiment of a person to be exactly what we need on this planet, but I am afraid that no matter how entrenched and broken ones view of the world might be, it can never be the case that people wandering through their lives LYING to their loved ones, and themselves, is in Gods plan.

These men are simply Homosexuals, who have not had the fortitude to admit as much to themselves and their families, and that is TERRIBLE! The worst part of it, if you ask me, is that some of these men assume the lives of straight individuals because they want God to love them. They lie and lie and lie, because they want forgiveness and love from God, which has to be the most upside down cake of a thought process I have ever heard of.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I would give you a superstar if possible.

Thanks for stating the obvious truth so elegantly.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Any further T&C violations, will result in a posting ban of 72hrs, pending a review of your account by staff.

This will be the only warning.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am not uninformed. You think because its about choosing to live against your own nature because God (man) said its a sin - - that its not Conversion Therapy. You would be wrong.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Courage and 'Conversion' Therapy

With all I had seen, I could now begin to answer the question of whether Courage does or does not actually perform "conversion" therapy. SB1172 in California, which bans "conversion" therapy, defines these sexual orientation change efforts as:

"any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual's sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex."

Based on that, I'd say it's pretty clear that they are in fact performing "conversion" therapy.

It's important to point out that while SB1172 is a huge step forward, it does not prevent Courage and similar religious groups from continuing these activities . .

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 11-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I personally know 2 preachers that would strongly disagree with you (your stance on conversion therapy AND your blasphemous preaching). They were both gay before choosing to turn away from their sin and follow Christ, and today they're two of the happiest people you'll ever meet.

There is so much more that NEEDS to be said in response to your last post, but unfortunately there's no way to say it in this thread without getting a post ban for refuting such a shining example of a "good Christian".

edit on 11-4-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The angry rhetoric of the homosexualists that all conversion therapy is bad is a lie, and here is the proof.

Please don't let me confuse you. I'm very much a homosexualist, I prefer all gay men to come out and live happy lives. The more open Gay men the better IMO. Gay is good.

I just believe in letting adults make their own decisions. I desire self determination, and I'm willing to give others the same.

Courage is a joke, but I appreciate it as a great source of evidence that homosexuality isn't a choice. Despite their deep desire and active pursuit of change, (which includes prayers) they just can't seem to shake that dreaded gay bug. They are making a "choice" to be straight, and failing. If I didn't feel so sorry for them I might find it a bit entertaining.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join