It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
a reply to: Entreri06

Top story on Foxnews.com when I go there. Has the video as well, sure you just don't hate Fox? That's alright, but they don't seem to be trying to ignore this to me. I can barely stomach fox on TV most of the time myself, but I don't see them ignoring it.

I've been on the 24 hour news channels all morning and haven't seem them mention it once... Besides the ticker. Everyone else that's been there top story.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
a reply to: interupt42

I hope so as well. This should be about corruption not a race battle. It is even shown late in the video that a black police responded to the other polices call. He shows no hate to him.

This is and should stay about abusing power over others.

But I wouldn't put it past the race baiters to try and make a quick buck on him.

Also betting there are a lot of police out there both good and bad that really don't like this guy now.

Yup !!! That's the reason it's so easy to shoot down the previous stories like this. They focus on some completely insane theory of police officers hunting random black people rather then bully cops acting like animals. Obviously there isn't a institutional war by cops on black people, but there sure are a lot of bully cops who will retaliate if they feel disrespected....

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You need a job.

Or a hobby.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
if anyone is interested this is live video of protests at city hall

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: jefwane

Top story on Foxnews.com when I go there. Has the video as well, sure you just don't hate Fox? That's alright, but they don't seem to be trying to ignore this to me. I can barely stomach fox on TV most of the time myself, but I don't see them ignoring it.

I've been on the 24 hour news channels all morning and haven't seem them mention it once... Besides the ticker. Everyone else that's been there top story.

But they have, as explained to you with clips from Fox doing exactly that, in the thread about it you started.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The system works when there is clear evidence. He was stopped for a broken tailight, and now he's dead.
The New York Times suggests he was afraid of being jailed for back child support payments.
reply to: alienjuggalo

edit on -05:00amWed, 08 Apr 2015 11:04:09 -05003011044 by Parthin because: misspelling

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Wow I just don't know what to say this guy was clearly running away with his back facing the cop..

At least they charged him with murder. I guess with this video evidence they cant not charge him.

www.postandcourier.com...

A North Charleston police officer was arrested on a murder charge Tuesday after video surfaced of the lawman shooting eight times at 50-year-old Walter Scott as he ran away.

Scott died Saturday after Patrolman 1st Class Michael Slager, 33, shot him in the back.

The State Law Enforcement Division, which looked into whether the shooting was justified, confirmed that the officer had been booked into Charleston County’s jail late Tuesday afternoon on a murder charge.

sry if this has been posted

so much for keeping my Identity on the low
.. I live a block away. An hour after it happened (it happened before 1030 am at advance auto) word was going around the officer tried to pull out his TASER but it wouldn't work so he shot him.... as the man was running away. Now, I have no TV, haven't watched the news or tried to follow up... just passing on information.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xxPUSH0Noo

Hate something like this happened in your neighborhood. What's the mood there right now? How have relations historically been with the police in that neighborhood? What is the racial and economic makeup of the neighborhood? I'm asking these questions for more perspective on the setting of this tragic event.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

What the heck? Was the cop too lazy to chase and tackle the guy? This is ridiculous! Also, this is the first time I've heard of a cop actually getting a murder charge. It is a good thing there is clear video evidence.
edit on 08amWed, 08 Apr 2015 10:32:37 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What ever happened to " HANDS UP DON"T SHOOT" ?? Is that sooo tough to remember???

Justified to me suicide really

edit on 8-4-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
They're gonna love him in prison I'm sure the booty bandits will be paying him a visit.

That would be an aweful scenario for any human being to have to deal with. Its terrible what happens to alot of people in prison, who knows a jury may find him innocent. People act as if this isnt happening all the time, racist crime is like roaches, if you see one then that means there are a whole bunch more your not seeing. I think the public and the system dont really want true justice, otherwise they wouldnt allow officers to serve while not wearing cameras, and wouldnt allow them to execute anyone at anytime for whatever reason they deem fit. Give them non lethal weapons if you want to see an end to the murder of our citizens. No cop should have a gun to shoot you down and take your life whenever he wants to. This just shows us the system needs fixing, and taking away cops guns is in my opinion a step in the right direction.
edit on 8-4-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

This is not getting the usual soft pass..if people thought Ferguson was bad..let this guy off and there will be blood in the streets don't you think.
Amazing how this pos just saunters over after he unloads..cool as a cucumber.
Apparently he has been denied bail

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Wow!!!! I then like how the Captain then says the rest of the force is NOT like this and says a saying of throwing a blanket doesn't cover them all. But where and when I grew up the saying was nothing close to that. It was much more like one bad apple will ruin them all. I would almost like and suggest that if a department has one bad apple there is many more. So maybe the government should let all in the department go and rehire a new force all together

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KuzKuz

They were singing a totally different tune before the vid appeared..not to be trusted, they will lie untill no choice but not to.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He might have been denied bail to keep him safe.

If they keep race out of the picture for this it's going to cause a few ripples. But if it becomes a race battle again, the media will be done with the story in a month and we'll here nothing else about it after that.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Excessive force is beyond reasonable doubt. I will always stand up for police force but just like any other human cops can and will make mistakes. This one is going to cost the cop a lot of jail time and rightfully so. Again I'm calling for rubber bullets. That would have stopped the dude right there as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
What ever happened to " HANDS UP DON"T SHOOT" ?? Is that sooo tough to remember???

Justified to me suicide really

Seriously? So because someone runs from the cops that's carte blanche to unload your weapon on them? I thought cops were only allowed to use deadly force if the suspect present a clear and present danger to the officer or the public?

Running away is threatening the life of the officer?

As I said earlier in this thread, I normally side with the cop in cases like this, but this is blatant, unrepentant murder.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Pretty clear case of murder. Don't see the "Fleeing Felon" instance required for such an event.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Where's the blood? Why is the victim's shirt still tiel? Why would a cop put hand cuffs on a dead guy? The way the victim fell to the ground reminded me of how me and my friends would pretend to die when making homemade movies. Why was this in the middle of a park if it involved a traffic stop? Why was the cop so lazy he didn't even try to catch the guy? The name Slager is unusual, like Slayer. Also, Slager is a surname that originated from Slag, waste materials deposited from a smelting process. So Slagger would have been someone who worked with metals and most likely hauled away the 'Slag' or in this case, what we would call "taking out the trash."

Maybe this video is 100 % genuine, and this shows not only an immoral cop but also one who is incredibly lazy, and trigger happy, but there are still lots of questions to be answered. Of course I'll say arrest the cop just to be on the safe side, either he is a murderer or part of a false flag criminal conspiracy, so either way I would like to seem him arrested, so don't criticize me for "standing up for the cop." I'm just saying, this look suspicious, especially since everyone is taking it at face value.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: Bone75
The rest of that footage

Thank you for that. If the other officer hadn't shown up as quickly as he did, the shooter probably would have left that taser there and stuck with the narrative that the victim made off with it.

That alone will render the rest of the cop's testimony unreliable and we might actually see a conviction this time.

Hmmm. What happened BEFORE the guy ran? They say he was pulled over for a broken taillight? I didnt see a car anywhere in that video.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join