It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I hope enough to put this POS in prison where he belongs.

F*c*k Prison, I hope He Gets the Needles..the wrong mix needles that causes eXtreme pain during his execution...

This is Sad and Sick.

(Side Note: this increase in police violence is what John Titor predicted)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If that had happened this morning here in the UK, we would have riots on the streets across the UK in all major cities.

I agree with a previous poster, this should be treated as Police Corruption rather than a Race Crime. Seems that the U.S. police force is rotten to the core! Body cams and an independent police complaints commission would be a good start.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
If that had happened this morning here in the UK, we would have riots on the streets across the UK in all major cities.

We Americans Are Cowards/ Sheep that'll Let a Handful of the Lower Class Attempt to make some kind of change instead of Becoming United as We Proclaim We are.

It's a sad Day to Be an American When a UK gentleman States the Obvious Flaw in America...wait 'Murica....sad, just sad.
edit on th54Wed, 08 Apr 2015 12:54:33 -0500K201543330pm4 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Ok here is where I will get ma azz kicked by fellow ATS members.. I do not think he should get..DEATH!..lemme explain ,as much as I hate this guy, I hate state sponsored murder ..and with the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, except for the murder or rape of a child if proven beyond doubt..why?? because I have kids..so there hypocrite me,but really too many people that were on death row is now found to be innocent, I say let him rot in jail.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
if anyone is interested this is live video of protests at city hall

www.nbcnews.com...

What are they protesting? The guy was charged with murder wasn't he?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

www.liveleak.com...

This is:

Animated Video Reenacts Walter Scott Shooting
image: edge.liveleak.com...

Taiwanese animation studio Next Media Animation created a digital depiction of the one of the videos documenting the shooting of Walter Scott. A South Carolina police officer, Michael Slager, 33, was arrested and charged with killing Walter Scott, 50, on April 7 after video footage of the incident emerged contradicting his original version of events.Local newspaper, The Post and Courier, stated it obtained the video from an anonymous source on April 4. Other outlets including the New York Times also received the video. NMA’s animation reenacts the video which depicts the officer shooting Scott in the back as the he ran away, before walking over handcuffing him on the ground. A few minutes later, he checked for a pulse.
Protests are ongoing in North Carolina following the incident. Credit: YouTube/Next Media Animation

Read more at www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I understand and respect your point-of-view. Still, I would rather him 6' under than "my" (the peoples) tax dollars keeping him alive. I am glad there are people like you to defend such an act.

We'll keep this simple.lol

Respects,

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It is SOP to claim "feared for my safety", so it stands to reason that if he gets out of the charges it will be because of that. The government and bureaucracy learned long ago that if you want anything done illegal, immoral, or just flat out wrong, claim that its a safety issue, then no one dare say no to it. Same is true for law enforcement.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: arcnaver

There is not stance for "officer safety" in this matter.

The only things that could apply are either Dangerous Fleeing Felon or the man running away pointed a firearm at the officer.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How odd, it would seem that both the cop and victim served in the USCG at one point.

Such a tragic loss of life. I do hope the former officer comes to realize just what wrong he committed.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
if anyone is interested this is live video of protests at city hall

www.nbcnews.com...

What are they protesting? The guy was charged with murder wasn't he?

Because that's how activists make money and intimidate the populace. I agree that there is no need for protest as the man was arrested and charged with murder.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: NavyDoc

This is not getting the usual soft pass..if people thought Ferguson was bad..let this guy off and there will be blood in the streets don't you think.
Amazing how this pos just saunters over after he unloads..cool as a cucumber.
Apparently he has been denied bail

This is nothing like Ferguson. In Ferguson the law officer was attacked and defended himself.
Rules of engagement (in just about all cases I'm aware of) dictate that if the perp is unarmed and posing no threat (not choking a hostage or holding an electronic det device) do NOT NOT NOT use the firearm. No one is defending this cop because he clearly and obviously broke the rules.
I don't understand. I can only suppose he (the cop) was so worked up and obsessed with custody he snapped and shot without thinking things through.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

The real difference is that there is a video of the incident resulting in the death of someone at the hands of a police officer.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Land of the free eh?
...and still many US members call us in the UK oppressed and slaves to the Crown.
At least the worst we can ever really expect is an extendable baton over the head and a good tazering.
As a previous UK member stated there would be violent riots here if that happened and our outnumbered police know they wouldn't be able to contain it...I think 'the land of the free' is just a desperate hope for times back from the 1950's.

Keep your right to bear arms and police who shoot you dead thanks, I know which society I prefer.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

All the facts are not yet made public. We have to wait to see what the clear picture is.

I do know that you can easily search and find various online news sources reporting that Walter Scott had a record of encounters with the police ranging from assault accusations to drug charges as well as a history of evading the police and not paying child support. I saw a picture of his Mercedes with gaudy rims. Say what you will, but evidence is evidence. It is quite possible that the police know something about Walter Scott that the general public does not know. The question in my mind is did Walter Scott have a coc aine distribution conviction which could very well have resulted in a felony in South Carolina. Is Walter Scott known to be armed? If so, he would quite easily be considered a dangerous felon with a years long pattern of struggling and resisting. If so, believe it or not, no matter what your own rough and tumble perspective is, the officer would be well within his rights to use deadly force on a fleeing felon to stop the terrorization of the community. You must be aware that there are numerous felons out on the streets because it is thought to be the humane thing to do and the jails are full. If a man continues unlawful distribution in order to maintain his lifestyle rather than get a job and forfeit his paycheck to his children then he tends to stand out in the community as a trouble maker.

Folks, you can not just do your own thing. You can not. When people start going down these unlawful roads they frequently justify their bad behavior and poor decisions, but you can not do your own thing and expect to get away with it. The law is the law for a good reason.

edit on 8-4-2015 by Generation9 because: origianl reply was blank, sorry, my mistake

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

All the facts are not yet made public. We have to wait to see what the clear picture is.

I do know that you can easily search and find various online news sources reporting that Walter Scott had a record of encounters with the police ranging from assault accusations to drug charges as well as a history of evading the police and not paying child support. I saw a picture of his Mercedes with gaudy rims. Say what you will, but evidence is evidence. It is quite possible that the police know something about Walter Scott that the general public does not know. The question in my mind is did Walter Scott have a coc aine distribution conviction which could very well have resulted in a felony in South Carolina. Is Walter Scott known to be armed? If so, he would quite easily be considered a dangerous felon with a years long pattern of struggling and resisting. If so, believe it or not, no matter what your own rough and tumble perspective is, the officer would be well within his rights to use deadly force on a fleeing felon to stop the terrorization of the community. You must be aware that there are numerous felons out on the streets because it is thought to be the humane thing to do and the jails are full. If a man continues unlawful distribution in order to maintain his lifestyle rather than get a job and forfeit his paycheck to his children then he tends to stand out in the community as a trouble maker.

Folks, you can not just do your own thing. You can not. When people start going down these unlawful roads they frequently justify their bad behavior and poor decisions, but you can not do your own thing and expect to get away with it. The law is the law for a good reason.

That's all well and good and may all be true but, from what we've seen, the shooting was pretty indefensible.

"Dangerous fleeing felon" as justification for shooting a man running away has a pretty specific legal criteria and "he was an all around bad guy" does not fit.

such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Tenn Vs Gardner SCOTUS case from 1985
The trial will decide.
edit on 8-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You still don't shoot people in the back.

There are several things you don't do. Shooting people in the back should warrant the death penalty even if you are cop.

This cop is lazy and dirty and needs to be punished.

The good that will come of this is that cops will see that they can be charged with murder for these acts. More lawyers and activists will start standing up to this. This cop brutality will not be tolerated anymore.

If you're too lazy to chase down a subject and tackle him or...here's a shocker.. call for back up and get him later. You just pulled him over and have all his information. He's not going anywhere. Track him down later. That's what a real cop would have done.

Or maybe he's afraid. In that case he needs to quit and get a job as an accountant where he doesn't have to worry about getting hurt on the job.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I would need to see everything prior to where the video starts to pass judgment at this point. So I will reserve my judgement until all of the facts come out from the investigation. The fact that he has been charged with murder is not a good sign with regard to the investigation so far though.

The thing I noticed most of all was how casual and complacent the Patrolman was upon discharging his weapon at the alleged perp and then proceeding to casually approach him. In my experience his situational awareness with regard to concern for his own safety seemed not to be a concern at all. But everyone and every situation in a use of lethal force scenario is different.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Pft "terrorization" that is a new one.

All you need to see is him planting the tazer on this one.

Why would he do that if he was in his right to shoot the guy?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm usually loathe to participate in any of the cop bashing threads but I have to say after seeing this video I hope this dude gets the entire library thrown at him.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join