It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The seven rules of propaganda or fun with Shills 101.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

a reply to: sosobad

Which you are intern doing in the same group you always do it in. wink wink

This thread seems to be going exactly how I predicted. At this point there's about five of you ganging up on me all agreeing with each other and staring each other's post to make it seem like everyone else agrees with you.

Like I said " give them a little rope they will hang themselves"

Instead of on addressing the OP and admitting that propaganda does exist on the Internet (both sides) A group of you has chosen to launch ad hom attacks against me and not my statement. Every point that is being made is an attack against me not my OP.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that a group of posters wants to pretend the propaganda doesn't exist.

I am directly addressing your content when you have done the exact thing that you have preached about in the op and accused other members of before I posted. Yes?

Let me give you a little bit of context here, say shamrock6 (not singling you out just an example), he/she and I have very different opinions on a lot of subjects here on ats but by your logic we must be propagandists just because we don't agree with your poorly thought out thread. Maybe people just think that this thread is as ridiculous as I do.

By the way your first post to me was a personal attack as well as your last one, once again you are breaking your own rules.

edit on 6-4-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Moste peopel dont even know that they are delibeately using these tacktics. Its like its a built in human nature.
They never seam to observe that the exact same tacktic is being used on them in Return.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Let's make this simple.

Does propaganda exist on the Internet?

If you agree that it does, why do you find this topic so offensive?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Let's make this simple.

Does propaganda exist on the Internet?

If you agree that it does, why do you find this topic so offensive?

Of course propaganda exists.

Where did I say it was offensive? I said it was poorly thought out because you have displayed most if not all the behaviours on the list in this thread, are you denying that?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Who's pretending it doesn't exist? All I see is a bunch of people who've seen you displaying many of the very traits and behaviors you listed, and pointing it out. And you displaying more behaviors by getting personal and trying to spin things and turn them around on others.

I don't think I've seen one comment that said "you're lying, propaganda doesn't exist."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Another one of these threads. I am going to make a list of things that I do. Then call people who do the same thing, while disagreeing with me, shills. Then when I am called on it. I am going to scream shill till I pass out. Win win for everyone. YAY!

Everyone who lives in the now. The world of 2015. Knows that propaganda exists from all sides of every perceived conflict. Even if they do not know it consciously. They can feel it in their bones. Everything is propaganda. Every man, woman, and child born today, every user of this forum is a propagandist. Not every user of this forum is a shill. There is a subtle difference that people seem to be oblivious of.

edit on 6-4-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

said it was poorly thought out because you have display most if not all the behaviours on the list in this thread, are you denying that?

Nope not at all. If you would've taken the time to read the thread you would already have seen that in that opinion I clearly agreed.

And if you would've read the OP you would've seen that the offense I took umbrage to was groups doing it. But I've seen your post you tend to jump on the end of the thread and rehash things that have already been talked about.

But the telling trait between you and I is unless responding to an attack I use the term" they".

But in the attempt to discredit the thread and it's message you continually use the word "you." ( localizing all of your comments to me instead of the message)

Your failure to Recognize the OP and clear attempts at minimization/character attacks to consolidate all your attacks against me. Shows that I truly hit a nerve with you and instead of addressing the message you are going to continue with personal attacks in a attempt to discredit.

What you are doing is attacking the messenger not the message. I E rules number one and three .

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Well congrats on making anyone that does not agree with your incoherent statement to be labeled a troll or shill .No need to explain your statement because everyone can read into the gaps what ever suits them . A no nothing statement of sorts . You are ending up being a troll /shill supporter ,which I suppose to be worse then the former .

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All right, all you Shilly Shills, you... time to fess up so i can make a list!

just reply "i am not a shill" or "i am a shill" and your name can be added

Note: -I am human with opinions of his own that cannot be bought
edit on 4/6/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: spelling!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Is that another personal attack while totally denying your own behaviour? You do know that people have just read the thread right? What personal attack did I launch? That this thread was poorly thought out? Well it was, you can call me what you want and deflect all you want but you are not going to change my mind. You ganged up with johnwick and dolluka and that only stopped when the behaviour was pointed out. Your first post to me was totally about me and nothing else ie personal attacks only because your behaviour was pointed out. Now you are trying to denying everything even though all the evidence is only back a few pages. There is only one person discrediting you in this thread and they are staring back in the reflection of your monitor. Well done

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Like I've repeated over and over to this remark. Yes everyone displays these traits individually at one time or another.

The problem comes to a head when a group tries to dominate and D rail the subject by transference. They do not address the issue as a whole they try to attack the messenger at a personal level to minimize the impact of their statement.

So I guess IOU a thanks for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

I'm currently on sabbatical. But it's paid. So I guess you'll have to make another column. Sorry

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I did address the entirety of your OP. This comment: suspicious behavior is whatever you want it to be, when you want it to be.

No need to thank me. You did all that point proving on your own and quite clearly.

I just pointed out when you exhibited the behaviors in your own list, as you seemed to like to do to everybody else that posted a comment.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Fat fingered it.

link   

You are like an open book. Again do not Do not discuss the entire issue. Singled me out for attack to vilify your response.

link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
All right, all you Shilly Shills, you... time to fess up so i can make a list!

just reply "i am not a shill" or "i am a shill" and your name can be added

Note: -I am human will opinions of his own that cannot be bought

I am not a Shilly Shill. I am a Shilly Sham Shill. The Shilly Shills are run by Pepsi. The Shilly Sham Shills are run by Coca Cola. Make it happy America. Drink Coca Cola. Because Coca Cola, makes good things taste better.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

7) have a fox as a avatar and over use emocons, speak in cryptic 1 line gibberish.

edit on 6-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: dollukka

Well congrats on making anyone that does not agree with your incoherent statement to be labeled a troll or shill .No need to explain your statement because everyone can read into the gaps what ever suits them . A no nothing statement of sorts . You are ending up being a troll /shill supporter ,which I suppose to be worse then the former .

Ball is in your corner, show me where I have pointed out someone being a shill, show me the name of that shill i have supposedly mentioned. Instead of putting out stupid claims without base.

I feel for you

Taking me as your target tells a lot about you.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You are like an open book. Again do not Do not discuss the entire issue. Singled me out for attack to vilify your response.

I addressed your op countless times, I said it was poorly thought out, how are you failing to see that? Just because I don't agree that it is gold I am automatically a shill? What do you mean I am like an open book?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Then supply me a quote were you addressed by entire OP in which you did not singled me out for attack. Post the link to the quote so you don't cherry pick part of your argument.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

7) have a fox as a avatar and over use emocons, speak in cryptic 1 line gibberish.

DahHAHAHA

The attention is eye opening.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join