It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The seven rules of propaganda or fun with Shills 101.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The thread had a chance to be good information but the funny part is the op, says that the shills lol will come in and give each other pats on the back, all i see is the op and a few poster doing what the op complains about.

And seriously where my check.

Apparently when I mentioned groups I touched a nerve in you. As clearly evident by your Repeated attempts to Minimalize the message.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It´s ok to me if you misread me as it´s not my pot of coffee to be in your pants.. We are all titled to our opinions even shills.. paid or not.

In my country we have a saying : if someone gets personal .. that someone has lost the game.

edit on 6-4-2015 by dollukka because: add

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I agree 100% we are all slanted in our opinions. But when a group works in unison to emotionally charge ideas and blatantly push half-truths. They are a bigger danger in the process to uncover the truth than a loan opinion.

link   

I guess some just want to be heard and making sense doesn't matter . Or maybe it does and you would like to clarify ,even if its a matter of reading between the lines because to tell you the truth it takes too many assumptions then I am willing to partake of .

link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: johnwick

Good post, I used to do that on other sites. Not so much here, but it is infinite fun when you are experiencing a 3 to 4 on 1 attack ( GROUP) and you can throw their tactics back in their face and occupy the entire group by yourself. (it keeps them from ganging up on someone else)

Doesn't work well here.

Because the mods troll detectors are very powerful indeed.

But it does bring me joy in other places on the internet.

Yes, our Troll-dar is very finely tuned. We are aware of Trolls from Trolandia of the planet Trolton, and we watch for them

Take eriktheawful's advice...don't be a troll, you'll enjoy ATS much more!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The thread had a chance to be good information but the funny part is the op, says that the shills lol will come in and give each other pats on the back, all i see is the op and a few poster doing what the op complains about.

Apparently when I mentioned groups I touched a nerve in you. As clearly evident by your Repeated attempts to Minimalize the message.

Lol, this thread is funny to me.

People are getting so mad, and nobody has even done or said anything to make them so.

You are such a good troll you have developed the art of trolling without trolling.

I bow before you and your prowess as the troll master!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

a reply to: johnwick

Good post, I used to do that on other sites. Not so much here, but it is infinite fun when you are experiencing a 3 to 4 on 1 attack ( GROUP) and you can throw their tactics back in their face and occupy the entire group by yourself. (it keeps them from ganging up on someone else)

Doesn't work well here.

Because the mods troll detectors are very powerful indeed.

But it does bring me joy in other places on the internet.

Yes, our Troll-dar is very finely tuned. We are aware of Trolls from Trolandia of the planet Trolton, and we watch for them

Take eriktheawful's advice...don't be a troll, you'll enjoy ATS much more!

I don't always troll, but when I do, I don't do it on ATS.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

"You are a mouse.. You are a mouse ... ... ...Eventually you start to believe you are a mouse."
The same technique is very well known method in a torture and brainwashing. Repeat is the key.

I guess the troll factories believes that if it is repeated long enough majority will bow at their direction.
edit on 6-4-2015 by dollukka because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Lol, this thread is funny to me.

People are getting so mad, and nobody has even done or said anything to make them so.

You are such a good troll you have developed the art of trolling without trolling.

I bow before you and your prowess as the troll master!!!!!

I was not trying to troll. (but thanks for the compliment I guess) lol

This thread was designed to bring something completely obvious out in the open for discussion. Nothing in my OP is a secret propaganda is known to anyone that visits these sites.

But I also knew that the people that practice it the most would be the ones to show up and attack the thread. Back home we call that......

" give them a little rope let them hang themselves"
edit on 6-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

"You are a mouse.. You are a mouse ... ... ...Eventually you start to believe you are a mouse."
The same technique is very well known method in a torture and brainwashing. Repeat is the key.

I guess the troll factories believes that if it is repeated long enough majority will bow at their direction.

Too many ATSers are immune to most forms of propaganda, and mind manipulation.

I think the tin foil hats really do help.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm curious, what would you call what you are doing here:

originally posted by: Greven
That's actually quite a bad article.

I'll let you in on a little secret: the founders of the United States called themselves liberals.

If it's such a bad article why did you just follow rule number two?
(rule 2 from the article in question below)

You exempt yourself from your attacks on America: Ever notice that liberals don't include themselves in their attacks on America? When they say, "This is a racist country," or ",This is a mean country," they certainly aren't referring to themselves or people who hold their views. Even though liberals supported the KKK, slaughtering the Indians, and putting the Japanese in internment camps, when they criticize those things, it's meant as an attack on everyone else EXCEPT LIBERALS. The only thing a liberal believes he can truly do wrong is to be insufficiently liberal.

It is perhaps an interesting case-study on ATS that this post gained so many stars. As you can see quite clearly, the rule does not fit. When questioned on this, you then continued:

You think I'm a liberal, interesting. I voted for Ron Paul in '08, what's that make me?

e: p.s. How exactly did I 'attack America' anyway?

Your tactics fall under rule seven. Please take the time to comprehend the entire rule not just cherry pick part of the statement.
(rule 7 listed below from the same article)

Feelings are more important than logic: Liberals base their positions on emotions, not facts and logic and then they work backwards to shore up their position. This is why it's a waste of time to try to convince a liberal of anything based on logic. You don't "logic" someone out of a position that he didn't use "logic" to come up with in the first place.

You kind of drifted away after being called out on that:

What tactics?

Are you even reading these 'rules' you are quoting?

So... what exactly were you doing there, Greathouse? Where would you your behavior into the context of this discussion... trolling, perhaps?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So if somebody points out that you, the OP, appear to be exhibiting some of the behaviors you listed, what happens? You turn it around on them.

Which behavior was that again?

edit on 6-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It's quite obvious what I'm doing there. I'm making the stain statement I made in this thread.

I do apologize that it has further exposed your tactics.

And not trolling just pointing out the completely obvious to anyone of intelligence on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I am not a mouse but a man . Say it as often as you like and believe it as much as you like but the truth is the truth and you have a problem in answering a simple question and fit perfectly into the OP's group that are considered a troll . :>)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's a blast from the past that I have subscribed:

Orbitbabies Cointelpro Thread

i'm sure there is quite a few more seeing as this is bread and butter for ATS.

The problem I see with these types of statements is you can apply them in a pretty general way to just about everyone. I guess that's the whole intent of CoIntelPro though, misdirection and convolution.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If religiously the same group of posters comes up and agrees with everything I say in thread after thread after thread you could call me a A fellow propagandist.

There's plenty of people on this site I agree with. But not on everything they say, that's the crack in the propagand armies armor. They spend so much time promoting their views that even when they disagree with them they cannot let their voice be heard because to give 1 inch from ideology and opinions that condone yours implies total failure.

One thing is for sure the propaganda groups cohesion does not allow for dissension among its ranks, therefore it makes them easy to spot.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

" give them a little rope let them hang themselves"

Indeed, with all the back patting going on between yourself, johnwick and dolluka you are oblivious that you are doing the exact same thing. Lol

Another quick question, why are you studying propaganda in the first place? Perfecting your craft?
edit on 6-4-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

seems that it's a lot easier for you to point a finger then to consider that maybe , just maybe you have no point and fall into the description your op wanted to project . just maybe ...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don´t know who you are , but you seem to like me

Have you ever met an internet troll? A troll is a special class of sociopath. These nasty individuals are the sadistic ne'er-do-wells of the digital realm, the misanthropic misfits of information age. Unlike a normal person, when a troll enters an online discussion, he is not seeking truth or clarification. He usually doesn't even know how to debate in an intelligent manner. All he wants to do is inflict pain, ridicule, and humiliation on a targeted person. Encountering an internet troll can be a disturbing, even frightening, experience for someone who has not had to deal with one. It can be an unexpected event, a strange twist that takes the discussion to a whole other level. You are taken off guard and find yourself struggling to defend yourself, instead of exploring a topic.
The main tool of the troll is accusation. It's a form of psychological torture, to break you down by turning your words against you, twisting your statements and pounding away at one aspect of your viewpoint. No matter what you declare, the troll will question you as a person. Understand this immediately: it's you as a person that they are attacking.

Link

Well what was your real question ?

edit on 6-4-2015 by dollukka because: link added

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Here's a blast from the past that I have subscribed:

Orbitbabies Cointelpro Thread

i'm sure there is quite a few more seeing as this is bread and butter for ATS.

The problem I see with these types of statements is you can apply them in a pretty general way to just about everyone. I guess that's the whole intent of CoIntelPro though, misdirection and convolution.

Exactly. What is suspicious behavior? Pretty much whatever you want it to be, when you want it to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join