It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to ATS: From a Long Time Undercontributer

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dear ATS community,

"I remember the days when I was a young kid growing up, reading ATS, dreaming about blowing up" Lol, But seriously,

I remember way back in the day when I would boot up Windows 98 and scour the internet. This site wasn't even a forum yet, but there was still a ton of cool information about roswell, UFO's, area-51, the aurora plane, and other mysterious topics. I was constantly intrigued, and kept coming back to read hoping to get in touch with a deeper understanding of the world.

It all started with the "Space Binders" I had as a kid. They were these one page inserts you would collect in the mail with gorgeous pictures of the cosmos and information about space travel. There was a tiny section devoted to the mysterious. Eventually, that led me here, and I am very grateful that it did! When the site became a forum my life changed forever.

ATS has made me a better person, it is undeniable. All of the insanely smart contributors on this website have taught me a great deal about the world, in one way or another. The discourse, the discontent, the skepticism, the methodologies, the information; all of it has made me a better learner and a cautious investigator. Most importantly, the knowledge base I have acquired here has helped me squash some of the nonsense being passed around social circles in my life. As far as i'm concerned, that ends up helping everyone ever, everywhere!

Even though there are the ups and downs, the truth seekers and the naysayers, the hoaxers and the trolls (maybe even NSA 'paid shills'!), I still have enjoyed reading each person's perspective. Finding out there are others that I can relate to has helped me through some really rough times. Some of you are excellent writers too by the way! Some of the headlines have been the funniest things I have ever read, and some of the info has been the most important stuff I have ever learned!

ATS has always been one of my top favorite websites, I figured today's the day I let you all know.

I want to personally the ATS community: Thank you all for every post ever, Thanks to the mods for keeping it real, and Thanks to webmaster(s) for keeping it going. This site is worth reading through in entirety, every page, every post.

I have learned a lot from the ideas contributed by each one of you! You all have truly made me think differently. Even if this doesn't make front page or no-one really cares, whatever. TLDR: Lurker says "lol. thanks"

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

I being a fellow member really appreciate what you have to say...to me ATS is the place to be!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When i got here it was all about morgellions.
Everyone was shooting multicolored fibers out of everywhere.
now. Not so much.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I claim no responsibility or knowledge of events in event of anything I have posted being attempted at home or used on unsuspecting leaders.. loonies.. governments.. nations .. religions .. organisations of any type ...

admit nothing .. deny everything .. immediatly make counter-accusations .. if that fails blame it on aliens working for intelligence agencies ..

Welcome ..

I wasnt here .. you didnt see me .. this post doesnt exist ..
edit on 6/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Nice.

Before ATS I found pictures of NAZI UFOs that were super real and secret but somehow on the internet.. hehehe.. as in fake.
Then I learned a lot, and every day my critical thinking and research skills get better and better.

And I KNEW ATS was something different or whatever a Long time ago.. I used to visit it, but somewhere in the line I forgot it existed.. When I found it again I didn't really believe it was the same site. But now that you explained it in the way you did I know that was the site I first found so long ago, and I guess I'm still here haha.

I've used a few other forums in my time..
There really isn't another place like this one, that I have ever found anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
yesiree. ats is a unique place. I learn something new everytime I visit. reminds me of my old forum haunt, 667 Dark Avenue, but like way way more fun and interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hell yeah man.

ATS has given me a hobby education. I think many people who put in the time will grow and expand beyond their limits if they are good at doing their homework with ATS content.

The member base and the ethos of the ownership combined make on hell of a school of thought. We really are lucky considering places in the world where ATS or like sites could never exist. Hell the future of our home countries is potentially ripe with obstacles for places like ATS that disseminate information and encourage critical thinking.

Here is to ATS and its prosperity....So say we all!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with your whole post, well done its a nice thread.

ATS is my single favorite site to visit and has been my home page for years. Though I would add that its an unfortunate fact that ATS's posts in the past couple of years have predominantly been American social issues, US politics, news which is is ready available all over the net. When I browsed ATS - It was real breaking news, UFO's, Conspiracies and what seemed to be actual above top secret meterial. I miss the epic threads from. mikesingh,skyfloating zorgon, anon72, Arken recently has been banned or disappeared, and many more whom seem to just disappear. ATS, in the aspect of materiel been read is barley not above top secret. Thankfully we have Slayer, Rising Against, Issackoi and a handful of others still posting substance to what ATS stands for
edit on 6-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join