It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Morgellons, the Internet's Disease

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: abe froman

I suspect Morgellon's is discredited because it is yet another manifestation of fibrosis - the scourge of the 21st century, and the basic pathology that underlies most every pandemic chronic disease. NOTE: Most chronic diseases have not been/are not recognized until it's virtually impossible to ignore them; even then, they are seldom diagnosed until they've progressed to a life-threatening stage.

Very interesting.. I'll be looking into that.
You could have the answer there.

Must see if a relation between Histamine and Fibrosis exists.

Ok well that was quick...

hmm..
edit on 4-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I believe Morgellons Disease is a common virus that attacks the small fiber nerves and has become a autoimmune reaction.

It has many symptoms of small fiber polyneuropathy.

Think of it as a chronic autoimmune disorder that works like Shingles.

Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash.

The fibers are a misleading symptom that means nothing.

Individuals with Morgellons disease report disturbing crawling, stinging, and biting sensations,
Many people with small fiber polyneuropathy have disturbing crawling, stinging, and biting sensations,

They do not find a infectious disease because there is none because its a autoimmune process where the body attacks the infectious disease and then keeps attacking its self in the form of damage to the small fiber nerves long after the infectious disease is gone.

I have small fiber polyneuropathy from sarcoidosis and have the crawling, stinging, and biting sensations.
I also get skin eruptions from the Sarc.
sarcoidosis is a autoimmune disease.

If you have " Morgellons disease?" get tested for small fiber polyneuropathy.
It may get the doctor off your back.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Uh huh. Now check the role of actin (master key to all cells) in fibrosis.

'Tis a bit of a tangled web, but quite apparent when you dig a bit.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: rockintitz

Do you have any facts to confirm this is a real disease?

It is not a real disease.

there was a morgellans thread a while back and I found a link to studies that showed something real, I will go look, and yes some were eliminated because there was nothing physically wrong with them, they did have mental problems that accounted for their symptoms...but there were some who could not be eliminated.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I found something www.naturalnews.com...#

Following up from the CDC study, in January of 2012, new independent research just published in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology Research found that Morgellons is in fact a real disease (8). Based on extensive physical, microscopic and fluorescence examination of skin, hair, tissues, calluses, etc. of three Morgellons sufferers, the researchers reported several interesting findings:

- Abnormal functioning of the follicular keratinocytes (genetic alterations in DNA caused hair follicles and skin to malfunction).

- Fibers, which under the microscope (100x), had a unique floral arrangement and colors of blue, red, white, green and some brightly fluorescent.

- Some fibers "appeared as root-like growths."

- For the first time, demonstrated that Morgellons fibers contain keratin (structural protein which makes up the outer layer of the skin) which means the fibers were created within the body.

- Alterations in keratinocyte (skin) expression was most likely due to spirochetal infection from Lyme Disease.

The filaments from the Morgellons patients were confirmed to contain keratin via immunohistological staining with antibodies specific for human keratins. This means that fibers present in the subjects were found to be biological in origin and are produced by keratinocytes (proteins in the outer layer of skin) and grew out of the body.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz3WMhFMWhN

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

so if this isn't real, how do you explain families whose babies and pets have the same symptoms??? if it is just psychological, how do the pets have it???

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I saw pictures of the multi-colored fibers that the CDC says doesn't .I've also saw video of the suffers descriptions of their symptoms and the pain in their eyes.This isn't psychosomatic.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I had read some where a while back that they had traced the origins
to a place in southern Texas. They said it started in a water reclamation
place where they were testing bio-remediation using some organisms.
I wish I could remember the source as it seemed to be a possibility that
it did start there & spread.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Natural News?

Sorry, that web site has negative credibility.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: rockintitz

As you know, it is impossible to prove that something isn't something.

However, years of failed attempts to prove that Morgellons Disease is something tell their own story.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

www.bmj.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

so if this isn't real, how do you explain families whose babies and pets have the same symptoms?

This may help out there...

Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, a spirochetal bacterium and causative agent of Lyme disease, has been detected in dermatological tissue from Morgellons patients, as has Borrelia garinii, a closely-related Lyme disease-causing bacterium falling into the Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato group.

www.thecehf.org...

It may not explain what you ask, but it is an avenue that should be looked at.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is the link to a search I ran on Morgellon's several years ago. Some interesting reading to be sure.

vitaly citovsky

Another link to 2006 paper presented by Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, RIET-1, Industrial Toxicologist/IH & Doctor of Integrative Medicine.

Rense.com

I have a quite a collection on Morgellon's. However, it's in my Notebook program, and I have no idea how to share that here.

Jas

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

vitaly citovsky

Well then you might want to see this...

morgellonswatch.com...

Rense.com

Have anything a bit more credible than Rense.com?
edit on 4-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: LadyJae

Well then you might want to see this...

morgellonswatch.com...

Yes, I actually read that from the search list in my post.

Have anything a bit more credible than Rense.com?

I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a problem with Rense's credibility. Can you recommend a more acceptable site?

Do you know anything of Dr. Staninger who participated in the study & published the paper?

Jas
edit on 4/4/2015 by LadyJae because: I completely misread the reply to my post

edit on 4/4/2015 by LadyJae because: formatting error

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Thank you for that post..

I've always had a great immune system. Never get sick. Last time I got sick was I don't even know haha. .

I wonder if it was already hyper active or something?

I've been super tired all the time.

I have new issues I havn't mentioned yet.. wounds just open on my skin.. Seeming to be a histamine feeling, I don't know. I can't go to a doctor, but this thread is all making sense for me... I looked into all kinds of skin things to figure out what was happening to me, and never foudn anything that fit all the symptons well enough.

I've already changed all my products to remove any allergens and it helped very slightly. Even went to just using water for bathing.. moisturizers.

In fact I think I've been using drugs to artificially suppress my immune system. I sort of wonder if the Army injecting me with like 17 shots (vaccinations and penicillin I guess they were).. I wonder if that set off a chain reaction. It wasn't long after this, my problems started. They did that in the time span of 2 minutes btw.

My new job.. I touch cotton to my arms a lot, and it's weakening my skin.. I'm allergic to that for sure. It's making an already existing something.. worse.

And actually my family most of them all have autoimmune things of one flavor or another.. I was always the healthy one haha.. And then something changed..
edit on 4-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Your thread may have helped me out quite a bit.. My searches for what was going on never led this direction..

I thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda
hey arjunanda,

could you give a point in the right direction for your statement about migraines and viral infections? i can't seem to find what you did.

and OP, Abe, Morgellons has physical elements to the disease that are 100% not in the victims minds. Those fibers are the key. The whole thing reminds me of the old x-files episode with nano-robots injected into victims. On the show, the nano particles could be remote activated and cause whatever to happen. Heart attack, seizure, whatever. For morgellons i would think enough nano particles in a row makes a fiber....

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Ah yes, the fantasy-believer's mantra.

It's mental clutter like this that stops people from thinking straight.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence. It isn't proof of absence, but then there is no such thing as absolute proof.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Morgellons was very interesting and a little scary to me when I first heard of it. Just did some quick research and found a patient story about a woman with Morgellons who also had Lyme disease which others have mentioned. Would be interesting to see where all cases have been reported. I found a YouTube video about US patent 6245531. I know nothing about DNA, so I have no idea if what the video says is possible

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

I remember reading way back on cures or treatments, but my memory is sketchy on details, but I remember someone mentioning detergents or something odd to put on the lesions and it caused them to expel themselves fast.

Okay, I decided to search and see how good my memory is and found an article on this, and looks like the one someone posted about many years ago. (photographic memory) They only mentioned putting laundry soap in the hot bath, and their cat inadvertently knocked a bottle of alfalfa tablets into the tub and they are what the person is saying caused all the micro specks and weird strands to migrate out of their body very fast.

Reported Positive Treatment for Morgellons

By Daisy Baleen

Posted on Health and [email protected]

I have been Morgellons sufferer for over ten years.

Recently, I discovered, quite by accident, something that is literally making it disappear from my BODY.

As I am sure fellow sufferers can relate to, over the years, I have experimented with various "super baths," filling the tub with hot water and putting in things like lemons, baking soda, dish detergent, laundry detergent, alcohol, etc....well, one day about four months ago, I was filling the bath and I was pretty dirty from housecleaning so I put some Sun powdered laundry detergent with colorsafe bleach into the water, just a tad, because it really cleans the skin so good, and once I finish with the bath, I scrub it off with regular soap and a scrubby thing that is regularly disinfected.

anyway, I left the bathroom for a minute or two and heard a crash that sounded like one of my cats getting into something. When I returned to the bathroom, nothing seemed amiss, so I got undressed and slid into the water for a soak.

Everything seemed normal until the bubbles parted, and I got the sight of a morgellons sufferers' lifetime: those black and grey specks MIGRATING OUT OF MY SKIN AS FAST AS THEY COULD IN DROVES BY THE HUNDREDS FROM EVERY SQUARE INCH OF MY BODY!!!!!!!!

And even as I saw that, I also noticed several large oblong............

heres a link: www.quantumbalancing.com...

Obviously the only way to know if this is the truth is to get someone who has it and get them to do this and see what happens.

Many remarkable things that are learned sometimes happen as a result of accidents like this bottle of tablets getting knocked into the tub by a cat, as funny as it is.

It's late or I would keep rambling..

edit on 5-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join