It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black woman to white friend of over a decade: " Of course you're a racist!"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

You seem to be the one that's reaching. There's countless accounts of whites abusing African slaves. This was your argument. Why should produce proof of what you know already? Show me proof the first "slave" owner as you put it was as brutal as his white counterparts.

Please quote anywhere in this thread where I have stated anything other than just him being the very first legally backed, court documented slave owner in the US....please quote it. I would like to see this.

I am happy to go back and quote where you apparently thought I directed my argument to you, and where you brought in the rape/pillage/kill/atrocity BS and quote it if you like.

I certainly never claimed any of those things. Would you like me to point you to the history of Anthony Johnson?

Here is just the wiki on him, but if you need more, I research very old papers and will be happy to post pics of clippings from newspapers I have on it as well.

Anthony Johnson Wiki

So, I will ask again, will you provide me with anything that states he did not do the things you said? Because I did no make those claims.....you did.

Maybe you should point out where your statement is even relevant then?

With your argument and initial confrontation with me? It isn't. With the person I originally responded to, it was. This would be the entire reason I asked YOU why YOU directed a comment at me.....because your comment made absolutely NO sense in regards to my response to another poster.

All I'm asking you is what was the point of pointing out that the first recorded case of someone owning a indentured servant for life was a black man. I'm trying to see where that was relevant to any comment by any poster in this thread. Please tell me the point you were trying to make. It dont really matter who you were talking to.

Did you read the OP? He spoke to her friend and she said "you all want us to be slaves again".

Like I said....I didn't direct any comment to you.

If you would like to please post anything you have on Anthony Johnson being a great man, now's the time. Again....you brought it up and I have more than made my point and proved my statements.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You seem to be the one that's reaching. There's countless accounts of whites abusing African slaves. This was your argument. Why should produce proof of what you know already? Show me proof the first "slave" owner as you put it was as brutal as his white counterparts.

Please quote anywhere in this thread where I have stated anything other than just him being the very first legally backed, court documented slave owner in the US....please quote it. I would like to see this.

I am happy to go back and quote where you apparently thought I directed my argument to you, and where you brought in the rape/pillage/kill/atrocity BS and quote it if you like.

I certainly never claimed any of those things. Would you like me to point you to the history of Anthony Johnson?

Here is just the wiki on him, but if you need more, I research very old papers and will be happy to post pics of clippings from newspapers I have on it as well.

Anthony Johnson Wiki

So, I will ask again, will you provide me with anything that states he did not do the things you said? Because I did no make those claims.....you did.

With your argument and initial confrontation with me? It isn't. With the person I originally responded to, it was. This would be the entire reason I asked YOU why YOU directed a comment at me.....because your comment made absolutely NO sense in regards to my response to another poster.

All I'm asking you is what was the point of pointing out that the first recorded case of someone owning a indentured servant for life was a black man. I'm trying to see where that was relevant to any comment by any poster in this thread. Please tell me the point you were trying to make. It dont really matter who you were talking to.

Did you read the OP? He spoke to her friend and she said "you all want us to be slaves again".

If you would like to please post anything you have on Anthony Johnson being a great man, now's the time. Again....you brought it up and I have more than made my point and proved my statements.

I think your deliberately ignoring what I'm trying to say to you. Her friend said something dumb and you come back with, ummm well they started it! The op friend is a idiot (which I think she is). She said some stereotypical ish and we all know her views are wrong. Ok a black guy owned the first documented slave (I never said he was a good guy, but show me where he was a rapist or murderer). What does that have to do with the op? Because she said whites want blacks back in slavery? That can't be it! It has to be a deeper point to sharing your little known black history fact.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Anthony Johnson Wiki

I think your deliberately ignoring what I'm trying to say to you. Her friend said something dumb and you come back with, ummm well they started it! The op friend is a idiot (which I think she is). She said some stereotypical ish and we all know her views are wrong. Ok a black guy owned the first documented slave (I never said he was a good guy, but show me where he was a rapist or murderer). What does that have to do with the op? Because she said whites want blacks back in slavery? That can't be it! It has to be a deeper point to sharing your little known black history fact.

Oh...I'm sorry, so the intelligent one, that said he was racist simply because he was white, was whom I should have directed a completely different argument to? I appreciate your directive....very oppressive of you.....ironic much?

And where, exactly, in the OP was anything about rape or murder mentioned?

Again....you are making an argument up from no basis.

And yes, they did start it, is there some other argument I should have come back with? Maybe they ended it? They fought for it? Johnson fought for it and won? Take your pick.....
edit on 4/4/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Anthony Johnson Wiki

Oh...I'm sorry, so the intelligent one, that said he was racist simply because he was white, was whom I should have directed a completely different argument to? I appreciate your directive....very oppressive of you.....ironic much?

And where, exactly, in the OP was anything about rape or murder mentioned?

Again....you are making an argument up from no basis.

And yes, they did start it, is there some other argument I should have come back with? Maybe they ended it? They fought for it? Johnson fought for it and won? Take your pick.....

Ok you've officially lost me. Rape and murder is what you need to get in your mind when it comes to slavery. Just to name a few. How can you think about slavery without recognizing the atrocities. Keep in mind you latched on the slave statement from the original post.

I asked a simply question. What does Anthony Johnson have to do with the original post. What was your point? Don't dodge the question.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Alright well ignorance isn't ever really taught because it is literally existing without all the information. Now what I mean by the system is the industrial military complex we live or at least I live in here in the good old US of A. In our system it is easier for a white man to do just about anything: walk down a street and not get stopped for being in the "wrong" neighborhood, find a band-aid with your skin tone in the pharmacy, get a job, etc. Our tried and true system allows for these things to persist and even what we teach furthers stereotypes.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the north american slave trade in its heyday relied on elite Africans on the African continent being paid and then allowing for certain people to be taken. I'm not trying to paint a bad picture here or try to reverse racism on anyone, but the truth of the matter is that if you teach someone that their race has been dominated solely by white men for hundreds of years ( which is how it is portrayed for the most part in history texts) there is a sense of futility in any progressive movement for civil rights. These disenfranchised youths are easily swayed to feel they are in a no win situation without falling to a life of crime outside the system. Once the guidelines of the system are broken you can be locked up and there and by the system continues to oppress.

The concept is so large it is a facet of our society that is so grand it is sometimes impossible to imagine.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Every race is racist generally speaking, meaning there are racist for every color in every group. An individual may feel there not and for the most part most are not out right racist or try to make it a point not to be. I also feel everyone is to a tiny degree in my opinion. I think it may be inbred in our genes look at america the melting if u notice when any group imagrates here most move to the same neighbor hoods as there people be it Africans, Mexicans, Irish, Italians, Polish the list goes on. they want to be with there kind till there Americanized then they will leave there old neighborhoods and branch out to more diverse places racisism in american is nothing like it used to be. with the new generations interbreeding and the public at large will not tolerate it publicly. Just 40 years ago it was ok to be publicly and openly racist we have come a long way in the US. Racisim is more in the closet now then in the public and more familys are raising there children to be more tolerant but it will always be with us to a small degree.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

The problem is that its not individuals causing the problems for whole demographics. A white child grows up in a society where there is not legal segregation, yet some of our cities are literally still segregated. This being normal to child growing up will induce racist tendencies in the respect they will expect African Americans to live in ghettos and that's normal. If the mind makes an assumption that most African Americans live in ghettos racism is at work.
Do you see what I mean?

These things are subtle, but compounding.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Serious question, do any other animals act different because of colour?

Actually yes. In the chicken yard,if a chick is borne with a spot on it,sometimes the other adult chickens will start pecking at it because it is different. You will either have to remove the chick and hand raise it,or let it get killed. Even its own mother will join in. We do get the term 'Pecking order" from chickens and their hierarchy. I have noticed that my dogs over the years have their 'favorite' toys.These are toys that are the same color as themselves for whatever reason. I have seen when dogs play,they prefer at times to play with dogs that are of a similar size to themselves. So animals can and will group up together according to either size or color or whatever it is that they are looking at. Humans are not the only ones.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Sounds to me like you need better friends.
No - black people do not all secretly think this and to be honest this thread is stupid.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Black people are the only group who seem fixated with race and what others think of them. I have never encountered another group who thinks as they do.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

This thread is a made up lie.

You should be ashamed of yourself Abe, and find more productive ways to occupy your time than concoct race bait threads.

edit on 4-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That was a dramatic statement, can you explain how is it a lie? Racism is a mult-dimensioned serpent and know ones Jesus so we have at least a few serpents inside all of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

It's a lie.
Abe can prove its not as far as Im concerned, not the other way around. Mot wasting my time on this ridiculous thread otherwise.
Reread the OP if you still actually believe it, good for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I can tell your in bad mood lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I'm actually not.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm racist against stupid people, does that make me a bad person?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Really I dont think its worth falling out over. Being of a different ethnicity brings its own set of problems and insecurities.

In a sense maybe she is right. We all talk about race yet there is no scientifc foundation for race. Race does not exist in our gences and there are no genese specific to any group of people we define by race. Scientists have tried for over fifty years to put us into groups but are unable to do so.

So think about it. We are taught socially or at school about race. Like it is a real thing. It defines us and puts us into different boxes. However in reality it does not exist. Believing in race by definition makes us racist.

We are all homo sapians nothing less or more

purp..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You should explain to your friend that saying someone can't be racist because of their skin color is a racist statement. Racism is a state of mind, a way of thinking. Saying a black person can't be racist is no different than saying a black person doesn't have the mental ability to be a scientist or surgeon.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Actually yes. In the chicken yard,if a chick is borne with a spot on it,sometimes the other adult chickens will start pecking at it because it is different. You will either have to remove the chick and hand raise it,or let it get killed.

Actually, no. That is not why chickens will peck those with spots or "outsiders" that are introduced to the flock.
It has nothing to do with "color" or some difference because of the spots or whatever you're implying. It's the natural instinct to peck, coupled with the stress of the introduction of an "outsider", lack of proper food and water...and some other factors.

Chickens will often cannibalize outsiders.....that also has nothing to do with "color" or specks or spots.

This is apples an oranges....

Link, in case my words and experience with chickens is not enough.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: adding link, for proof...and all that.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Using the word 'racism' should be illegal. There are people on here that throw it out in order to shut up discussions, there are people out there in the world who think that all their ills stems from racism instead of their own inadequacies or life decisions. In politics racism is used for all sorts of things, rules are made, laws are made, friendships are broken, all because of this word.

Those that throw it out so easily are just the same as 'racists' by using an actually very negative word on people who are perfectly reasonable and put them into a group they 99% of times they do not belong to.

People of all colours have the right to be angry or disappointed in other humans, we do NOT have to love everyone equally. It is OK to not like the culture of some people. It's normal.
People of all colours however should not go around hating for no reason either. This includes ALL people.

There should be a strong word for 'racist' callers, it is not right to call someone something this bad in a reasonable discussion just because it involves black people. FFS.

I know there are very stupid 'real' racists out there, but I'd rather have it discussed somewhere than someone keeping it in and never gets any other perspective because someone will shout "racist" just to shut them up.

'Racism' callers: please read up on the real meaning of the word you throw out so easily. It is very offensive to people who are not. Discussing issues involving black/white/any other people, is a loooong way off from actually being racist.

If you don't understand that then you are just as bigoted, only directed at a different group.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join