It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black woman to white friend of over a decade: " Of course you're a racist!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Race does not exist in our gences and there are no genese specific to any group of people we define by race.

Oh come on! Every characteristics can be linked to genes, we just haven't found the ones that define skin color yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Saying a black person can't be racist is no different than saying a black person doesn't have the mental ability to be a scientist or surgeon.

You are spot on.

People should be aware that just implying that a race can't be racist is racist in itself.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Because blacks & whites in America lack the ability or damn common sense to just......let it go.a reply to: bullcat

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I once did a thread titled "Do Black People Hate Being Black ? " I was speculating a question with my BLACK friend and we both wrote it together. Needless to say, we got lots of negative feedback and he was shocked at some of the things that people were saying, especially about slavery as if it exists today. My black friend scoffs at " white privilege" it should be "rich people privilege". Needless to say, the thread was taken down. I know that type of black girl you speak of, I went to nursing school with quite a few. Most were cool, but some were so racist, like they had been listening to Al Sharpton before bed at night. I have never even begun to want blacks as slaves or anyone else, I can only imagine where they get that crap from.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Interesting OP. Interesting to me how some people have to learn this lesson the hard way to truly "get it". There's no solution to the race problem in the US; the culture has been thoroughly poisoned through the schools and the MSM. Black kids are raised on the mother's milk of racial hatred and its reinforced in the schools where they indoctrinate the kids with anti-white racism.

You might want to be a bit more careful in your selection of "friends".

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You were friends for over a decade but didn't ever talk about racism and didn't know how your 'friend' thought? ...Suspiciously presumptuous, imho.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

If you look into the genetics of race you would be surprised at how close your entire DNA make up might compare to someone of a different race. Yes there are certain traits that we see being mutually exclusive, but not 100% all the time.

Not every black person has a wide nose
There are non blacks with knappy hair
Asians with different color skin

I will tell you that nearly every true redhead has freckels, and these two traits being out together is actually the best argument for another race because there is nearly a 100% deterministic feature with red hair and freckels. But other than that skin tone changes based on what part of the planet your ancestors came from and how close that was to the equator.

Yes there are genes that determine all these things but if races can mix there are no actually boundaries genetically.

I know plenty of white guys with wide noses and they have no African in their blood, paint their face brown and you may mistake them for an African american, but that's cuz you racist

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am starting to lean towards that the 'victim mentality' is a form of mental illness.

So sick and tired of those who think they are owed something, and to make it worse think they can put words and thoughts in someone else's mouth and brain and then try to condemn them for it - because of the 'victim mentality'.

Being White, Black, Mexican, who gives a s**t - doesn't make you special, nor does it make one a victim, it makes one HUMAN.

As far as I'm concerned we are ALL equal, it depends upon the persons personal views, thoughts, and ultimately, actions is what they truly are and can make of themselves.

Nobody owes anyone anything other than common courtesy and a basic level of respect. Anyone who thinks they are 'owed' anything due to the 'victim mentality' that something that happened in history that they, nor I were present much less alive for...I'm leaning towards that they may be mentally ill.

My two cents

edit on 4-4-2015 by BlackboxInquiry because: for spelling and clarified phrasing.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Why are you so bent on making black people racist, if anyone has an excuse to be racist its them, but that's neither here nor there.

A majority of these these black people here in america are all from a very small genetic pool in west Africa. Due to white people segregating them from day one away from whites their genetic pool became tight and without much diversity, at least not as much as the entire continent of Africa.

When you don't have much diversity in your genetics that's when you see the same traits crop up over and over again. Making a gerneralized phenotype, and if you don't know what that means you are behind in this conversation, is the illusion that a race must look a certain way.

I know you never thought you were racist and your a really nice person to everyone, and maybe you've never even done one thing to a black person, but your mind and the system we live in have been made racist through what is seen as normal, what is seen as acceptable, and what is going too far. Our morals say one thing, but going back to the hundreds of years of slavery, our morals can't help us with that problem and they don't, that's why we continue to have race issues and honestly most of the issues come from poor educators and assumptions like racism is dead. We can let our pre conceptions go but our system will teach them to our children in a new hidden way. I'm telling you, white people are racist, I'm white and I hate it because I come from a race that once said it was the smartest coolest kid on the block. Now every problem in the world has to come down on someone, well if we are the coolest and the smartest, how come white people haven't fixed everything?

Easy answer, cuz were too busy trying not to be racist so that black people don't enslave us for a couple hundred years.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

I will tell you that nearly every true redhead has freckels, and these two traits being out together is actually the best argument for another race because there is nearly a 100% deterministic feature with red hair and freckels. But other than that skin tone changes based on what part of the planet your ancestors came from and how close that was to the equator.

Yes there are genes that determine all these things but if races can mix there are no actually boundaries genetically.

Ummm you know the in ability to mate with another race is a defining characteristic of a seperate race right?

Scientist back in the 60s have already figured this out. There is literally ONE RACE ON THIS PLANET. and that is HOMO SAPIENS. BIOLOGICAL RACE does NOT EXIST PAST THAT. RAce as MOST PERCEIVE IT IS FALSE. It is a means of CONTROL.

Differences in traits can be explained with environment,lifestyles,and other mitigating factors. Over time these traits change the DNA giving the Illusion of different races when all dna can be traced back to base homo sapien.

RACISM IS A MAN MADE CREATION ACCORDING TO SCIENCE WITH NO BASE IN BIOLOGY. What we call racism is based on outward appeareances alone. The government knows this but this allows them to control us all. MAybe its time for science to stand up and clarify this huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ahh.... America.

Lol. The rest of the world got over it a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alekto
Ahh.... America.

Lol. The rest of the world got over it a long time ago.

you would think so but not so much. if i went to arabia id be discriminated against due to my whiteness. same with japan or china. The rest of the world is just good at hiding it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa i totally agree with your conclusion that there are no races and only one race, that is what is the big disconnect between genetics and racism, as genetics became more well known it was used to perpetuate racism because it was seen as the reasons why we are different.

In reality our one race is so adaptable we made it to nearly every corner of the planet and survived, all be it with selection for different genetic phenotypes.

I have been writing the way I'm writing in order to try and get my point across without scaring the opposition to my argument out of the conversation ,because the fact that there is no race is something that is hard for people to deal with because they check a box next to what race they identity themselves as and race is something used in our society for numerous statistics and support programs.

To show that I agree with you I was talking about "phenotype" literally the genetic espression of a gene, or the "outward appearance" as you have termed it. Race is a construct created by man and its been a damn fine way to get people to rally together against clearly defined enemies.

Racism is deplorable yes, but to believe that you are not racist solely because you don't hate any other race is foolish.

Racism is a construct yes, but its a construct that has made a difference in the world we live so we can just say it doesn't exist either.

We created the system then the rules were put in place and sometimes those rules changed basedbon how you looked or where you came from.

Here's another fun fact:
The "Gentleman's Agreement" was an actual agreement between China and America where China would not let anyone without skills emigrate to America. Those with skills that would be impressive to their new bosses and overlords were allowed to go. Do you think this was the beginning of the racist addage "all Asians are smart"?
edit on 4-4-2015 by Poofmander because: I fudged

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

As far as I'm concerned we are ALL equal, it depends upon the persons personal views, thoughts, and ultimately, actions is what they truly are and can make of themselves. 

The only problem with this is we don't live in a historical vacuum. Yes we are all equal but because of racism we aren't playing on a level playing field. The game was rigged by the refs years ago and its not like you can say the game was fair if the refs ruled against the yellow and black team unfairly for three quarters then says oh I'm sorry we won't do that anymore for the final quarter. To win the game would be a daunting task and most likely impossible , but it was all fair in the end right?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

The only problem with this is we don't live in a historical vacuum. Yes we are all equal but because of racism we aren't playing on a level playing field. The game was rigged by the refs years ago and its not like you can say the game was fair if the refs ruled against the yellow and black team unfairly for three quarters then says oh I'm sorry we won't do that anymore for the final quarter. To win the game would be a daunting task and most likely impossible , but it was all fair in the end right?

The game has changed - and is changing. So why would there be any penalties on the current 'teams'?

Seems asinine. Change the rules, new teams. Equality, no rigging.

Let's say the Lakers changed their entire team out with new players, but because they cheated or had some upper hand in the 1990's, the current team now has penalties...fair?
edit on 4-4-2015 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WOW..... 42 flags for a completely made up, BS story?

This is what ATS has sunk to?

*rolls eyes*

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
and as a matter of fact I don 't want to be friends anymore either.

And you know what?
This person is going to perceive your exclusion of them as confirmation of your racism.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh come on! Every characteristics can be linked to genes, we just haven't found the ones that define skin color yet.

They have been looking hard for years and as I said the said genes have not been found. If you wish to defend the racial fallacy then so be it. Tis up to you..

Some peeps prefer to put opinion infront of 50 years of scientific research. As I said in effect and indirectly you are defending racism by defining race that by defintion does not exist.

What many people do not realize is that this racial structure is not based on reality. Anthropologists have shown for many years now that there is no biological reality to human race. There are no major complex behaviors that directly correlate with what might be considered human “racial” characteristics.

www.newsweek.com...

Over a hundred generations a people can change skin colour and there have been examples in the past of peeps changing from one colour to another and back again.

purp..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Okay I used the metaphor if a game to show how in our current state the game is unequal, but the problem with the metaphor is a game has an end. Our society doesn't just end, as far as we know.

My analogy was that a team has been wrongfully ruled against for most of a game, now those who determine judgment come forward and admit wrong doing. The game isn't going to be replayed or the score changed because that doesn't work.

Also we don't really have the luxury of changing teams dude, these teams I'm referring to are again metaphors for perceived race.

In my metaphor the point is the team treated unfairly has less time in the end to try and get a win, but when they protest the answer is,
" Guys we told you we were wrong, everything is fair now, just play the rest of the game. "

For them to win at such a disadvantage is nigh impossible.

Racism made the playing field uneven in the game we currently find ourselves playing. And if you dont have anything to say about how wrong it was, or if you think everyone has an equal opportunity you are ignorant to the facts that racism changed the social dynamic of our country and caused many of the perceived race boundaries today.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Poofmander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
WOW..... 42 flags for a completely made up, BS story?

This is what ATS has sunk to?

*rolls eyes*

It reads like a Childs lie.

"ok ok ill talk, It all began in the third grade...."

edit on 4-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join