It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black woman to white friend of over a decade: " Of course you're a racist!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sounds as if you found out the hard way that you have been their "Token Honky Friend"....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
For some reason I didn't think there was such a thing as "race" -- more like different phenotype's of humans. I thought "humankind" itself was a race ... "The human race"?

There is no BIOLOGICAL RACE BUT ONE AND THATS HUMANS. Now there are different ETHNICITIES though. But yeah youre correct MM.

@Kali. Might need to edit that post. I havent seen anything"racist" from Abe in this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Here's my rant. Ats! The sight that I loved so has turned into a site where undercover racist, bigots and the like, to come and freely spew their venom, through the guise of ranting, debating or victimizing themselves. It's appalling.

Yes black people feel victimized understandably. As a white person maybe you don't understand the struggle. Yes not all white people are racist. As a black person maybe it's hard to look at the disease your poor environment has called. It's a obstacle. Get over it or be left behind. Here's my point. These race baiting post are getting old. Racist tbh is a fairly new thing. Invented by, wait for it, white Americans! It hurts but it's true! Before you go crazy and post how I'm a race baiting. Think about it. The institution of racism as it was lived and perpetuated in America in its youth, was like nothing the world had seen. Slaves were acquired by conquest in the land before America born but not bred white supremacy. Black people however, has given up its collective dignity by allowing a trick where the magicians secret has been given up and still let it still fool them to exist in a state where they need the acceptance and apology of the kids kid kid that bullied, beat and stole their lunch money. I love and hate you all. God bless Buddha, Allah and Jeehovah.
But the self glorifying bull# has to stop! I'm out! I'm bout to finish watching this gay arse movie (Door slowly opens).

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I AM A beige American now because 'WHITE" is connected with TOO many negative connotations and offends me.
ALSO I am NOT that color anyway ,I can tell by holding up a color wheel.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This is why I asked "what is racism"...

Did she say it in a sense that this is a perception of reality to her or because she felt superior to white people?

Or are both of those racist!

It dosen't matter what her perception of reality is....she percieves "racism" based on the colour of another person, she percieves that the OP'er is a racist based on his colour....she makes assumptions...."racist" assumptions.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

This site is pro-rasim! I'm astounished! Look at the stats. It'll show you the demographic of Ats in 2015.

Keeping in mind we're talking about how you feel. Ignoring the facts that make up america. Not the world! I've been to every continent except Antarctica. Racist exist worldwide but not like CONUS!
edit on 3-4-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If I am not mistaken, there is only one human race! So WTF!? How can u be racist!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Egyptians had slaves . . .

Weren't they black?

I just don't get this crap anymore, ready to transform into a beam of light thank you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Her racism it that’s what it is; sounds like it’s socially conditioned:

basing her attitude on the black experience in America and maybe her own experiences as well

There is active racism and passive racism that is the projection on race by some on others based on social conditioning

The theory is that active racism is more harmful because it’s based on a power situation

What does it matter if a black bum is a racist?

But is does matter if a white executive is a racist

You could turn that around

What does it matter if a white bum is a racist?

But it does matter if a black executive is a racist

Definition of racism:

[PASSIVE RACISM:] the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

[ACTIVE RACISM:] prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well next time you have a drink with your friend perhaps you should leave your white pillow case with the eye holes in it at home and they might not get the wrong idea

In all seriousness if i were you that would be the last drink and smoke shared with said person.....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Perhaps you should explain to her that the very first slave owner in America was black...have her research Anthony Johnson...may be an eye opener for her.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Judging on your past posts...
She's not wrong about you... not all whites are racist though and non-whites can be racist as well.

First mistake is talking about racial bias, politics or religion with friends/coworkers. Not everyone will look at an incident that same as another would.

Yup was gonna say that about the poster but im like why bother. Post history say alot about the poster. This thread sounds like a bait... even if its real, it probably went down like this...

"Hi X friend"
"Hi Y friend"
"That incident is a big problem, why do all X people act this way, im not racist, its the truth"
"Of course thats racist!"

If i go to my X friends i know for a long time and be like "you guys the reason crime is high".. yeah the discussion wont be a nice.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Perhaps you should explain to her that the very first slave owner in America was black...have her research Anthony Johnson...may be an eye opener for her.

Yup, they did it so its all ok if we did it?

Yup

Got any other reason to justify slavery?
edit on 4/3/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yup, they did it so its all ok if we did it?

Yup

No justification at all....just most are not aware that the very first slave owner in the US was a black man named Anthony Johnson. It is not taught in any history book in any school I know of, yet he alone set the precedent for slavery in America. So if blacks are going to lay blame somewhere then it should be on him....a black man.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

That isn't a justification. It's a rationalization.
"Blacks" and "whites" [and people of all skin tones] of a greedy nature have always been far more than willing to do many atrocious things (including enslaving) to people, regardless of skin color.....all for MONEY.

It's a realization that human beings can be greedy, selfish mfers.
Anything else you make of it is a projection of your own....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The blame is to be laid on the greed of some. Skin "color" has not one damn thing to do with it, and history proves that....in all countries, around the world. Over...and over....and over again.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Slavery was more than keeping a servant. Black owning Black is seems as a class issue. Another "race" owning another like animal is different issue. Black person might break a black slave physically(he cant really mentally abuse him since he is the same skin colour). The other would do both mentally and physically, one would not heal and get passed on.
edit on 4/3/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

The blame is to be laid on the greed of some. Skin "color" has not one damn thing to do with it, and history proves that....in all countries, around the world. Over...and over....and over again.

Eaxactly, yet slavery is blamed on whites. My point being that a black man set the precedent for ALL slavery in the US.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

They did it first. Got it lol.

Black people go after that first guy! he is the reason.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Slavery was more than keeping a servant. Black owning Black is seems as a class issue. Another "race" owning another like animal is different issue. Black person might break a black slave physically(he cant really mentally abuse him since he is the same skin colour). The other would do both mentally and physically, one would not heal and get passed on.

And who is justifying now? Johnson fought in court to win his slave because he ran away....so....
edit on 4/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join