It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black woman to white friend of over a decade: " Of course you're a racist!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If your not racist what's the point of this thread? Are you doing it to get another person of colors view or are you fishing for all the white people to chime in about how wrong your friend is. Is this your vindication? Are you looking to be convinced? If you ask me your a bigot. I just don't see a point of posting this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I had a Twitter debate with a black american lady the other day...

She appeared on my timeline saying something along the lines of "black people can't be racist because you have to be the superior race"...

She then said "someone needs to look up racism in the dictionary"...

I told her she needed to look at the word superiority in the dictionary rather than majority...

She deleted her tweets soon after and didn't respond.

Hopefully it educated her a little on what it means to be racist.

What does racist mean anyways?

Is it the old definition or a new age definition.

I always assumed it was a mindset of superiority over what is perceived as an inferior race...

Now it seems as if offensive words are racist too... Even if people don't have an air of superiority...

Both are disgusting of course...

But do they both define racism nowadays?
edit on 3-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"We're cool and all," she told me " but you know when it comes down to it you all want us to be slaves again."

I wouldnt mind a slave or 2

Not worried about race or skin colour though so Im not a racist just an azzhole

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Greven
No, that line was a bit of hyperbole I admit, though that sentiment is often heard. The phrase " racist ass c****r " is thrown around frequently.

Why would you embellish via "hyperbole" something that wasn't even said? I'd call that racist. Putting racist words in the mouth of another person, to make it seem they were the racist one, somehow to prove your point. That was soooo tacky. It makes your whole story questionable.

Usually I'd agree...

But I think you're confusing Abe's twisted sense of humour with racism.
I actually giggled at it because it was quite clear that she never said that and Abe was lightening the mood of the thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Abe. That must've been heartbreaking. I'm sorry.
Why did the woman and her cousin even want your friendship if, during all that time, they just assumed you only thought of them as slaves?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All people...all..have a racial preference and bias..it is a simple familiarity thing. to what degree is of course the question. some who were raised in a multiracial household are bare minimum (except for those yellow/green/blue people..they are a bit shifty..you get the point).

As far as this chick saying black people can't be racist..heh...that's cute. This happen in San Francisco by any chance? :-P

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Judging on your past posts...
She's not wrong about you... not all whites are racist though and non-whites can be racist as well.
edit on 4/3/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

...are you one of the people that thinks if your arse isn't being kissed it's because of racism?

No.

Or do you just like to run around calling people racists to make up for your own shortcomings and lack of personal responsibility?

No. I call it as I see it. I am white just in case you are wondering (I mention that based on your wording...). Also, grew up in a home that was a foster home full of people from all walks of life from the real world...all over the world. I do not like bigots and racist at all. This site is great place to head hunt them.

Btw, we all have shortcomings...

ETA: Also, while you're running around calling people racists, care to explain what your signature means?

Sure. It means perspective is subjective...but of course you perceive that statement as meaning something else correct? Again, perspective is personal.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

If your not racist what's the point of this thread? Are you doing it to get another person of colors view or are you fishing for all the white people to chime in about how wrong your friend is. Is this your vindication? Are you looking to be convinced? If you ask me your a bigot. I just don't see a point of posting this thread.

Maybe he only needed to vent off! Its a rant after all.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Gotta disagree slightly, before I met my wife I rarely felt comfortable around white people (I am white).

Might be from my childhood, had a horrible speech impediment.. White kids bullied and teased me for the most part, Hispanics and blacks didn't seem to care. Least that's my guess...

On topic I would talk to her about it, or it might eat at you and poison the friendship.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
For some reason I didn't think there was such a thing as "race" -- more like different phenotype's of humans. I thought "humankind" itself was a race ... "The human race"?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Most black people are like that in my experience. Most of my black friends have have two faces; one they use with black people and one they use with white people. They get that honestly. Many, many white people ARE racists. But they are racists against blacks, not against any one person specifically. How many times i have heard, i don't hate black people, i hate 'n-word's. Like that isn't some crazy rascist crap. I live in the South, but i have lived all over. It is all over the place. Black people assume most whites are the same as they are, one face with Black folk and one with White folk. As a white person i would simply say, you don't understand how they feel and you can't, because you haven't lived a life as they have. I don't think we can blame them for feeling that way at all. It doesn't mean they are right, it simply is their experience -over and over and over.

V

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The lady isn’t necessarily a racist that’s just her opinion on this social issue.

Of course she's racist!

She's assuming another persons opinion and belief on another race on the basis of his colour!.....how is that not racist?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: Willtell

The lady isn’t necessarily a racist that’s just her opinion on this social issue.

Of course she's racist!

She's assuming another persons opinion and belief on another race on the basis of his colour!.....how is that not racist?

This is why I asked "what is racism"...

Did she say it in a sense that this is a perception of reality to her or because she felt superior to white people?

Or are both of those racist!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

How many black people do you know!

Sorry I get u now.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Pompous ebonightiousness, I am familiar with the phenomenon.

I know people make it out, everybody grows up a little every day, all hope is not lost.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Wow man. Did you every knowingly spurn her sexual advances or something? LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

A racist rant right! That's the point I'm making. Me! I hate everybody equally!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You are a VERY nice person.
ALL my friends tell me the truth and VISA VERSA. I wouldn't accept otherwise and could tell if they were lying VIA interrogation training.
I would call anyone regardless of how long I knew them on such a COMPLETELY ignorant view.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That's par for the ideological course these days.

Racism really exists everywhere, but if you're white and you don't push the leftist agenda to the tee, then you're a "racist".

It's almost become a parody of social justice factors.

Mostly though it's not even a debate between races, but liberals who try to ideologically discipline other whites.
Yet, the most despised group on the planet are white liberals - nobody trusts them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join