It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWA flight 800

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Remeber the explosion of flight 800 over long island back in 96? First reports were that it was downed by a missile. 400+ witnesses said they saw it. yet thier testimony was thrown out of the hearing, which was closed to the public. There still is alot of heavy scandal about it, from the FBI tampering with evidence to the FAA sliding over key evidence.

There were military maneuvers in the area that night. certain persons in the Navy basically started to talk, then were shut up real quick like.

My question is, I have a nagging feeling it somehow is linked to Sep 11. A trial run by the gov? or certain people on the flight that needed to be dispatched?

A couple passengers were worthy of notice: One worked with the Aegis missile defense system. Another was a banker tied to Little Rock Ark. (during the clinton years, of course.)

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yeah that whole thing just stinks of cover up. Chemical residue on seat cusions, National Gaurd pilots told to shut up. I don't know about a pre- 9-11 training gig but I think a missle definitely shot it down.

Two trains of thought on my side:
1. Terrorist action covered up to make sure people still felt safe about flying.

2. Training accident gone horribly wrong and alot of CYA going on.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All evidence would point to a missile," Admiral Moorer told the January 8th press conference. "All those witnesses who saw a streak that hit the airplane � you have to assume it�s a missile. In an investigation like this, you can�t overlook anything." Federal investigators have been willing to consider some rather improbable scenarios � as long as they don�t involve a missile. For example: During last December�s NTSB hearings about the Flight 800 tragedy, investigators and "experts" speculated that the explosion might have been caused by a meteor strike � something that, unlike missile or bomb-related terrorism, is entirely without precedent in the history of commercial aviation. As was the case with the CIA�s 14-minute video, the "meteor strike" theory was floated as a way of explaining eyewitness accounts of a bright object intersecting with the plane.

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkulA
Yeah that whole thing just stinks of cover up. Chemical residue on seat cusions, National Gaurd pilots told to shut up. I don't know about a pre- 9-11 training gig but I think a missle definitely shot it down.

Two trains of thought on my side:
1. Terrorist action covered up to make sure people still felt safe about flying.

It doesn't make any sense that they covered it up to keep people feeling safe flying, as the government passes new laws and keeps the people under control through fear.

If this was a terrorist attack they would have shouted it from the roof tops trust me.
As long as they keep the people scared they will not question why so much of their freedom is disappearing.

For one airport security is a joke. there are no bombs to be scared of, the government just convinces you there is.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm sure it was just swamp gas

There are alot of "important people" deaths associated with Clinton's reign. Clinton himself, while a member of the Cabal, isn't quite a powerful as his wife, in terms of bloodlines. Wait and see, she'll be the first appointed (whoops, elected) woman president.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah, the Clinton tie certainly is a thread wrth looking at. Who knows?

Trainign acident also very likely. Im still wondering about a 9/11 connection. If it was trainging, was it an accident? Anyone have any links to any sites that mention both?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ALTERED EVIDENCE:How the Justice Department Framed a Journalist and his wife.

By James D Sanders

Great Book about the TWA800 incident I would recommend it to anybody. The author lays out the whole story for you. He basically concluded that it was a missile that brought down that plane.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
TWA Flight 800 was either shot down by us or by terrorists. As most of you know, numerous eyewitnesses said they saw a "light" heading towards the plane followed by a huge explosion. There was either terrorists onboard the aircraft, either hijacking it or whatever, and one of our navy ships that was approx. 50 miles offshore got the green light to shoot it down. The other theory is that terrorists on an unknown vessel fired a SAM at the plane downing it. Then you can even get into the wilder theories of particle beams being sighted firing out of Camp Hero on the same night the plane went down

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here are some sites.
members.cox.net...

On the day of the TWA explosion, there were reports of a helicopter
pilot seeing a missle hit the plane. That was never dealt with adequately
in the media, but was dropped and forgotten. Official pronouncements
regarding the TWA incident were very unusual -- expressing a "don't jump to
conclusions" attitude. In other such incidents, we are always presented,
very soon after the incident, with a clear description of what happened,
who did it, and why -- even though such stories are often deceitful (as in
Oklahoma, World Trade Center, Waco, Pan Am crash, KAL 007, etc.). For
these reasons, I found myself suspicious from the beginning that U.S.
military or covert operations were involved, and that the incident was (and
this IS unusual) unplanned.
legalminds.lp.findlaw.com...

www.welfarestate.com...
There is a lot of info out there.Just takes some looking.IMO this is a huge cover up.From witnesses changing stories,and they went after the debris.The did there best to find all of it.More than I think they would if the plane had just crashed because of some sort of failure.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I, personally, think it was a Stinger launched from a boat. It's not like it's hard to get military arms on the black market, especially in NYC.
I was once offered a couple of LAWS rockets out of the trunk (boot) of a car in the city for $2000 each.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, the plane being downed as an act of terrorism holds water only to the point that they don't take credit for it. If you committe terror, you wnat people to know it was terror and not an accident otherwise no one is "terrorfied"thus defeating the purpose of terrorism in the first place.

Whether the Clintons had an enemy on board or not, I'd hate to think even they would have killed that many people when just having the person shoot themselves in the head 6 times is effective enough.

Its very likely this was a training exercise as many commercial pilots reported years before that incident that military planes would target them as practice. Maybe somebody had a hot weapon and thought it wasn't? Seems to me like a really dumb thing to assume and a huge mistake.

The theory floated earlier on the thread does hold water. A terrorist hijacked plane that had to be shot down. The terrorist won't claim a failed attempt if they all didn't die during the crash. The military doens't want to own up to doing such a thing even if it is warranted (flight 93). The then president doesn't want it known because he's busy trying to work a mid-east peace deal and doesn't want a fly in the soup. If it was a hijacking , we can only add it to all the other acts of terror that went un-punished in the US in the 90s as we tried reason and appeasment the entire decade.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this topic up Evil Elf.
I had always thought this was a cover up,but happened so long ago,I just kept it in the back of my mind.It is interesting that the witnesses all have the same story.But the government denies all the evidence.I suppose it not that big of a surprize though,considering that Janet Reno was the attorny general at the time.
Here are some reports...........

"The CIA animation in no way represents what I saw that night. Based on the time line, as I understand it, the "flare" that I reported seeing off the right side of and below USAir 217 could not, I repeat, could not have been TWA 800 in crippled flight just before and after it exploded. There are two reasons why. First, TWA 800 would have been moving in my field of view from left to right, not from right to left as I clearly observed; and second, my understanding of the basic laws of aerodynamics leads me to conclude there is no way that TWA 800, with the nose section gone, could have possibly climbed 3,000-4,000 feet as the CIA video portrays."
www.worldnetdaily.com...

40. That this report provides "clear and credible evidence" that officials in the Clinton Administration are guilty of criminal wrongdoing and that Attorney General Reno should be compelled to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate the actions of the NTSB and FBI in covering up evidence that a missile shot down TWA Flight 800.
www.rense.com...
MORE WITNESS INFORMATION COMES FORWARD
www.multipull.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah, alot of interesting things popped up about the disaster. it definitely didnt go down as they claimed.

Another interesting disater was flight 587 (remeber, 2 months after 9/11, it fell apart over queens?)

Planes falling apart on thier own? I dont think so. Its another mysterious flight as well.

We all know that flight 800 was a missile strike of some sort. Im interested as to the motives. Training with missiles so close to busy airspace and a major metro area is pretty damn stupid.

And flight 587? Anyone with an opinion on that?

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
maybe terrorists tryin to crash more planes or maybe a bomb was on board or maybe it was sabotaged

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Flight 587 supposedly broke up after the torque from an engine ripped it from the fusalage. After numerous test concerning the Shoe Bomber, it was thought that this sort of explosion would yeild the same results by many in the scientific community.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
is the day I strongly consider moving to a remote island somewhere..... I'm still trying to figure out how she got elected as a senator.....

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Clintons are top political players. She could very very likely become president. To underestimate them is a serious mistake. Once she assumes the role of the victim, her approval rating shoots through the roof. Just give her book a few days to take some criticism and she'll pick a comment made in haste and use it to propel the notion that the right wing is atacking her again. Thats why if people want to be critical of it, they had better do it tactfully or they will end up playing right into her hands. She's a smart cookie and so is Bill. Who else have you known who can tax people into poverty and make them like it?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   

She's a smart cookie and so is Bill. Who else have you known who can tax people into poverty and make them like it?

LMAO,They could have been the best used car sales people ever.

As to flight 587 my first thought when it happened,was terrorist attack.And I still lean that way.I believe the American public would have freaked if they thought it was another attack,so close to 9/11.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The real reason TWA Flight 800 was destroyed

''I have information regarding the real information hidden within the document. I cannot reveal my identity for fear of endangering my life.''...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
There still is alot of heavy scandal about it, from the FBI tampering with evidence to the FAA sliding over key evidence.

My question is, I have a nagging feeling it somehow is linked to Sep 11. A trial run by the gov? or certain people on the flight that needed to be dispatched?

A couple passengers were worthy of notice: One worked with the Aegis missile defense system. Another was a banker tied to Little Rock Ark.
Any thoughts?

Thats interesting, I never looked into who was on that flight. Personally, I found the whole thing hard to believe. I think this could be added as part of the 9/11 Research teams' goals. This definately needs a closer look. .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join