It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bus ad here in Philly.......... as if there wasn't enough intolerance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sure, I get Freedom of Speech and all that, but there's already enough intolerance here without people being reminded by the transit system.

"Philadelphia Muslims Turning The Other Cheek As Anti-Islam Bus Ads Appear"

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When did Jews become their own race? Anti-semitism isn't a racial issue, it's a cultural one. What genius thought up this ad? Lol

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Wow what the hell. Is that on a SEPTA bus? Because if so I'd rather walk. Unfortunately, that kind of protest isn't sensible for many who rely on transit every day.
edit on 2-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Apparently your town isn't the first. Looks like they were in DC in 2014. And they are paid for Pamela Geller? I don't know who she is.

Sounds like she thinks she is doing the right thing, just by what little I read.
I'll have to go read more.

DC ads were paid for by a group led by Geller apparently
edit on 2-4-2015 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why is Philadelphia called the City of Brotherly Love again? Let's hope the locals can meet the challenge to not bite at inciting ads.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Philly truly is an awesome city, with much of it's richness coming from the many cultures represented in the population. Alienating one of them alienates all of us.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Actually, I just rethought this. The ad itself has an islamophobic tone, but it's supposed to be eye opening and stimulate conversation. This strikes me as fighting fire with fire though, I'm not certain it's constructive at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well at least they're on the right track. I say end all U.S aid to everyone,to hell with you cretins.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We have ads like these in NY. I'll assume the blatant call for intolerance is allowed because they're, you know, Jews.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Wow what the hell. Is that on a SEPTA bus? Because if so I'd rather walk. Unfortunately, that kind of protest isn't sensible for many who rely on transit every day.

Yep. In fact the ads are on 80+ buses here. SEPTA stands for Swindling Every Person Tagging Along. Luckily I take the train, not a bus.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Didn't Bruce Springsteen write a song about this?

I was taken aback, I didn't know what I felt

I was silently cursing to myself

The buses passed and the ads still remained

blinding those who's fears are well ingrained

On the streets of Philadelphia...

edit on 2-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
can we stick this one on a bus too, to kind of level the playing field...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
We have ads like these in NY. I'll assume the blatant call for intolerance is allowed because they're, you know, Jews.

I wouldn't pin this on all Jews in the area though. The ads are denounced by Jacob Bender, who is the Jewish executive director of the American Council on Islamic Relations.

“These ads are despicable and false, but fall under First Amendment protections,” Jacob Bender, CAIR-Philadelphia Executive Director said.
pa.cair.com...

"Jacob Bender: A Jewish Leader Of The Council On American Islamic Relations"
www.steinershow.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
can we stick this one on a bus too, to kind of level the playing field...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It is in the Koran, quite plainly, muslims to kill Jews wherever they come across them, what is all the fuss about the truth?
Sharia law stipulates to kill Jews, also to kill your wife if she brings 'dishonour' to the husband, what is up with you people?
Do you read and watch the news at all? try 'atlas shrugs' 'rantburg' 'jihad watch' 'France 24' to name a few non MSN news outlets.
There photos of Hamas troops and other ethic armies giving the 'hitler' salute, that's Okay?
edit on 2-4-2015 by pikestaff because: forgot to add...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Yea no, plz stop lying, its just not in these days, you know with knowledge and stuff

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
It is in the Koran, quite plainly, muslims to kill Jews wherever they come across them, what is all the fuss about the truth?
Sharia law stipulates to kill Jews, also to kill your wife if she brings 'dishonour' to the husband, what is up with you people?
Do you read and watch the news at all? try 'atlas shrugs' 'rantburg' 'jihad watch' 'France 24' to name a few non MSN news outlets.
There photos of Hamas troops and other ethic armies giving the 'hitler' salute, that's Okay?

Yes, we are well aware where and when it was written. The point is, is it necessary for a third rate public transit system to proclaim it in this day and age? Don't we have enough going on with Indiana, ISIS, Israel-Palestinians, etc. to keep everyone's bigotry focused?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to the local news story about the court case associated with these ads:
NBC 10

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's a different angle for the pic above (sorry, I had trouble reading it)

edit on 2-4-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Scary the post saying what is wrong with the 'truth' is the one that gets the most stars so far...

This poster had no basis in truth what so ever.

All three of the big three religious books call for killing of non believer's and fellow man for acts that don't follow what the book say.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join