It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: xuenchen

And the left doesn't care about the Muslim businesses who do the same thing.

Care to a) give an example of Muslim businesses who do the same thing and/or b) allow "the left" to speak for itself once you, you know, actually provide an example?

Or, were you just randomly propagandizing?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Thats bull crap. The place serves anyone that walks in the door.

Whats up with gays that everybody has to make an "approved" statement? Here by leaving the store and doing business in a place that offends the owners conscience. Its outside the store, its at the owners clear discretion.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ok explain to me then.

Ever hear of the Socratic method? If not, look it up. Lessons are so much more valuable if one can sort it out themself.

More trollery and hypocrisy to cover for your refusal, or inability to participate in civil discourse, from you!

Socratic method ... or Socratic debate,........is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yea try to go to a Muslim run establishment and buy pork. Am I gona make them serve pork? Do I even suppose I have that right?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Alien, you're bearing up under the "tag-teaming" very well. Don't let it get to you.

Just remember, when discussing an issue, when someone starts focusing on you or your perceived attributes rather than the issues at hand ... they've realized they have no more legitimate points to make: it's an act of forensic desperation, so to speak.

Those who support this law, and who support the "right to discriminate" always want to focus the discussion on possible situations, on "what ifs" because they can control and manipulate imaginary scenarios. They keep asking loaded, pointed questions that have little to do with the reality of the topic at hand.

Watch for it. When you get a response that is nothing more than a series of questions, ask yourself, what are they trying to avoid?

The point here is clear. RFRA and its spawn are unconstitutional and unAmerican. These laws set up a special "religious" class of citizen that can side-step laws at whim that the rest of us are bound to comply with. Neither the US Congress nor the several State Legislatures have the authority to extend greater legal and/or civil rights to special classes, like religious believers.

What they're arguing for is not merely anti-American ... it's illegal and borders on the subversive.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

There is a youtube video of a guy requesting a cake for a gay wedding and getting turned down by muslim bakers - repeatedly. Dearborn, MI.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yea try to go to a Muslim run establishment and buy pork. Am I gona make them serve pork? Do I even suppose I have that right?

What in the world are you talking about? Muslims don't touch pork. Why would I go there to purchase pork?

Can you point to a Muslim establishment that sells pork? Can you point to someone who has gone to a Muslim business and demanded that they sell them pork?

Sounds to me like you're dealing in imagination, Log. Let me know when you want to discuss, you know, the actual facts of the matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What they're arguing for is not merely anti-American ... it's illegal and borders on the subversive.

All your huffing and puffing aside, it is important to point out the folly of this statement.

Businesses legally discriminate every day, and it is none of the things you state above, except perhaps the anti-American part. They even put discriminatory signs on the doors to advertise their discrimination.

I'll tweek your nipples a little more....discriminatory businesses are required under state law to post signs on their doors advertising their discrimination!

I have yet to see one homosexual protest these establishments - not. one.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

There is a youtube video of a guy requesting a cake for a gay wedding and getting turned down by muslim bakers - repeatedly. Dearborn, MI.

Care to let the rest of us in on it and provide a link?

I mean, you know ... evidence?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

What in the world are you talking about? Muslims don't touch pork. Why would I go there to purchase pork?

Can you point to a Muslim establishment that sells pork? Can you point to someone who has gone to a Muslim business and demanded that they sell them pork?

Sounds to me like you're dealing in imagination, Log. Let me know when you want to discuss, you know, the actual facts of the matter.

Some folks don't like catering to gay weddings. If its ok to not expect pork, out of respect to their ways, then certainly one can understand someone not wanting to serve food to a gathering of homosexuals. Not everybody is in the fan club you know.

link   

Asking a baker for a cake with a special decoration on it is totally different than asking for the exact same cake that someone else had the baker make. A baker is within his right to not decorate a cake in a specific way. That baker does not have the right to refuse to sell the exact same cake with the exact same decoration to one group that he is willing to sell to another group.

link   

It's already posted on this website - has it's own topic.

Go look for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

All your huffing and puffing aside, it is important to point out the folly of this statement.

Businesses legally discriminate every day, and it is none of the things you state above, except perhaps the anti-American part. They even put discriminatory signs on the doors to advertise their discrimination.

I'll tweek your nipples a little more....discriminatory businesses are required under state law to post signs on their doors advertising their discrimination!

I have yet to see one homosexual protest these establishments - not. one.

Yes, keep talking about me rather than the issues.

Post the types of businesses you're describing and we can discuss it. If you have any examples, that is.

Oh, and be careful with tweaking things ... you might get more than you bargained for ... *wink*.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Care to let the rest of us in on it and provide a link?

I mean, you know ... evidence?

Gryphon - there's a thread floating around on this. Basically, a guy pretended to be gay and went to some Muslim bakeries asking for a cake with specific "gay-related" stuff on it. Stuff like "yay - gay marriage is great!" Some of the bakeries said they wouldn't decorate that on a cake. Totally within their right. Just like it is within a Christian baker's right not to decorate a penis on a cake, or boobs, or whatever.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Right, but, for the humpteenth time ... the Muslims don't sell pork to the public, the cake bakers do sell cakes.

The example is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well they can only take on one religion at a time apparently. And it clearly demonstrates an anti christian bias anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You and your ilk are the issue.

Your selective outrage at Christian values is the issue.

Your denial of freedom to Christians to avoid the chaos of your sexually-dominated lives is the issue.

Your refusal to see your own ridiculous hypocrisy is the issue.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Then, the fake "gay" should have pressed charges against the bakeries, right?

We have a whole thread on a right-winger pretending to be gay? LOL.

That's rich. Thanks kayla!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Right, but, for the humpteenth time ... the Muslims don't sell pork to the public, the cake bakers do sell cakes.

The example is ridiculous.

Consider that anyone that comes into the pizza shop gets served whatever is on the menu. Owner doesn't have to accommodate any theater outside of the shop. I bet if the owner were gay he may refuse to cater to the Boy Scout convention because of their stand on gay scout masters. Oh but he would be a hero then.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Muslims don't sell pork, period - to anyone. Bakers who make wedding cakes and sell wedding cakes should sell wedding cakes to everyone. Now, if you had said that a Muslim will sell his usual products to other Muslims, but refuse to sell those exact same products to Christians - that's a different story.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join