It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yea try to go to a Muslim run establishment and buy pork. Am I gona make them serve pork? Do I even suppose I have that right?

Does it really need to be explained to you why that is a stupid equivocation?

Seriously, do you not understand that equal means equal. No one pushing for equality is trying to force Joe the plumber to fix cars which is what your equivocation is like.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

You and your ilk are the issue.

Your selective outrage at Christian values is the issue.

Your denial of freedom to Christians to avoid the chaos of your sexually-dominated lives is the issue.

Your refusal to see your own ridiculous hypocrisy is the issue.

Ran out of bullets did you?

What is "my ilk" exactly?

Why is my outrage [sic] at superstition an issue? I don't have freedom of speech and freedom of religion because of my "ilkiness"?

Wow, regular bastion of American freedom you are!

I've never denied any freedom to Christians and neither has anyone else. Some of us "ilks" do disagree with letting them run over us and proclaim special rights because of their superstitions ...

... and you know nothing about what my life is "dominated by" ... so you're just whistling Dixie there.

But, my gosh, talking about hypocrisy ... you guys do bring up our sex lives out of the blue an awful lot, and talk about having things "shoved down your throat" ... are you sure there isn't something missing in your life that you're compensating for?

Hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Nope. I am spot on.

You own no portion of my life. I owe you no portion of my life.

You have no right to demand government-enforced participation in any whim of yours.

Yet you are arguing for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

There is a youtube video of a guy requesting a cake for a gay wedding and getting turned down by muslim bakers - repeatedly. Dearborn, MI.

Well they can only take on one religion at a time apparently. And it clearly demonstrates an anti christian bias anyway.

But it was/is the good Christian folks who sought this confrontation starting with Chicka-fila and Hobby Lobby so off-course attention is drawn to them, if it was the Mooslims who wanted to bring their anti gay or religious bigotry to the fore they would faced the same or worst.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yea gays have and are accommodated at every turn in our society publically. And yet they still react to bully and pound down some pizza shop.

This is going to be a big pile of crap they are walking in. They should take their big victories and go on about their business. The anti conformists are now demanding conformity. The new boss is the same as the old boss.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The owner of the pizza shop declared that they catered weddings. To whom, it is unclear.

The owners have made several assertions that make no sense.

So, catering weddings is a service they offer ... just not to certain citizens of Indiana.

That is where they fail and break the various public accommodation laws ... at least they did before IRFRA provided them with carte-blanche immunity to any laws they didn't like ...

... and still they folded and had a ready-made ponzi scheme to support them set up by a Right Wing Political Operative.

Nah ... nothing out of the ordinary there!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Oh so its a matter of keeping your head down to avoid fire. Oh thats real american. Gays are way to sensitive here, militant in fact. They are out of the closet and now want to shove some folks back into the closet.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Nope. I am spot on.

You own no portion of my life. I owe you no portion of my life.

You have no right to demand government-enforced participation in any whim of yours.

Yet you are arguing for it.

What portion of your life have I attempted to take ownership of? Answer: none.

Now you're just blatantly making stuff up. You really are completely out of rational argument, aren't you?

The IRFRA that we're discussing is what sets up government-enforced participation in someone's religious-based whims.

Are you confused which side of the argument you're trying to hold up?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: KyoZero

is the KKK a legitamate state recognised religion? I don't think they are.. but lets say they are, for the sake of argument. Can they, if they were a legitamate hypothetical religion, say whites only on the door to their restaurant..?

I am starting this by stating upfront and in person (so to speak since I am online) that I enjoy that you are level headed. I may not agree but this is debate (again so to speak) and you are one of these people in this thread who just states what you state and waits for response

no sarcasm in that by the way...so I am making my move to keep towards that same tone you've given me :-)

So...back to the front!

I guess here is where my issue comes in. Forgetting my side argument of the KKK being officially recognized, my question now becomes, what is recognized? Why should one sect be recognized and another not? I don't quite have a word for me and am not concerned by that but again for the sake of argument I go back to my Wiccan days. Were I to open a store with a no-Christians sign, would that be acceptable?

Because the issue I see is that this law makes it very easy for a Christian owner to deny business to someone they don't agree with. But then what stops that same Christian from telling me, a Wiccan, Hoodoo/Voodoo, Satanism, etc. that I am not recognized? Because as sure as LGBT members are feeling what they believe is pain from this, we've seen in the past the idea of the "attack on Christianity." Meanwhile there is an attack on LGBT that in my opinion is just as valid. Valid enough to at least look into in the same way that I think, when I am in a clear and rational mind, that we should look at an attack on Christianity. I get the feeling that if my store were to bar Christians I would get the same vitriol that they show coming at them.

But where does it end? I see that nasty argument coming. "Christianity is recognized. Why can't I get Jediism recognized? Can't I have a valid claim?"

Then what if those same Christians say "well now they are just poking fun and mocking." Well what if others believe this law is a mockery just the same?

And finally, if the belief is, "why do we need a law telling business that they MUST serve LGBT?" Then I ask, "why do we need a law allowing religion to discriminate in business?"

The entire thing feels deeply like a method for Christians to have state-sanctioned discrimination. My thought in the matter is that such discrimination is not needed, including my Wiccan store. I don't believe I should have that right to say no-Christians.

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This is an issue the state may recognize.....gay marriage. But no one strait of gay should make someone do business with them in all settings. Its really a fundamental aspect of self determination in a free society.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Yet another example of why it is so difficult to carry a discussion with someone [snipped]
'Sigh'

Because I am willing to decorate a cake for Suzi simply does NOT mean I am required to decorate a cake for you. Decorating a cake takes time and effort from me - I own my time and my effort. You do not. You (and your ilk) are not entitled to any portion of my time, or my effort.

It is that simple.
edit on Fri Apr 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yea gays have and are accommodated at every turn in our society publically. And yet they still react to bully and pound down some pizza shop.

This is going to be a big pile of crap they are walking in. They should take their big victories and go on about their business. The anti conformists are now demanding conformity. The new boss is the same as the old boss.

How dare society finally acknowledge the equal rights of those you personally disagree with?!?

Yeah, the true color of your intention is right there beneath the surface, isn't it ... take what you've got or have it taken away from you.

Did someone mention bullying?

All gays, everywhere, are attacking the poor little pizza shop. Right ... all gays are ten guys on Twitter.

And the "poor little pizza shop" is getting it's payoff for getting involved ... just take a look at the loot on gofundme.com.

Another victory for good ol Christian values ... declare yourself a victim and bank someone else's money.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Were I to open a store with a no-Christians sign, would that be acceptable?

Conceptually, it already is accepted and practiced. The wording on the sign is different, but it happens every day, all over this country.

originally posted by: KyoZero

The entire thing feels deeply like a method for Christians to have state-sanctioned discrimination.

We already have state-sanctioned discrimination - you just object to discrimination against the gay agenda.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Accommodated? What does that even mean? You mean they get the same treatment as everyone else? Oh, the horrors!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How dare society finally acknowledge the equal rights of those you personally disagree with?!?

Yeah, the true color of your intention is right there beneath the surface, isn't it ... take what you've got or have it taken away from you.

My right to disagree are also protected.

It is clear that those who were acknowledged cannot do the same. Intolerant of christian beliefs as if you have anything to say about the personal convictions of others. But it goes with the turf considering the gay mentality. Their ever present contempt, the drama, their arrogance.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well what was it then? And why cant this be demonstrated toward those gays may find personally objectionable?

Accommodating gays in our society should not look like prison sex. Thats what this looks like. Someone getting tossed into a cell with a homosexual rather than the free flow of a world that lets others be.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Oh so its a matter of keeping your head down to avoid fire. Oh thats real american. Gays are way to sensitive here, militant in fact. They are out of the closet and now want to shove some folks back into the closet.

Or a matter of standing up to forces that wishes to bully them back into submission, listen i doubt if gays care about the Pizza shop that won't cater their weddings whats at stake here is skirting rights and services in the name of religious freedoms,already there was the story about a nurse refusing to look after a child born of two same sex mothers..why??.. glad you asked...RELIGIOUS OBJECTION!, and to tell the truth I am for the protection of Gay civil and equal rights if nothing else for selfish reasons, for as I said not long ago, many Christians pull the Curse of Ham story outta their azz to discriminate against people like me, so as their civil rights goes, so goes my own.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Ok fine if its in store. Everybody's is the same and the menu is on the wall.

Its clear here that these folks do not even want to darken the door of the facility holding the gay marriage. That should be at their discretion......or you can just go to the shop and pick up the food.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Accommodating blacks in our society should not look like prison sex. Thats what this looks like. Someone getting tossed into a cell with a negro rather than the free flow of a world that lets others be.

Bolded words are my substitutions in your quote.
How does that sound to you?
edit on 3-4-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You all act as if these rights are trifle to you.... they are worth dying for to me. 

Is that what you really believe Opinionated? That you are a superior patriot?

That because I believe all people should be treated equally, I don't believe in freedom?

Do you see me and others that think like me as inferior citizens?

...those who hold these beliefs do not have to have to justify their beliefs to you... they simply have to have them, a Muslim doesn't have to prove to you his religion or why he accepts those ahadith about pork to refuse to handle a pork product... they simply have to hold these beliefs.. 

I'll leave this thread with this quote from you
edit on 4/3/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join