It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

No, you're talking about individual rights. What about the right of hospital hired interpreter to discriminate against certain types of patients?

What about the right of the city clerk to deny a legal marriage license because it offends her religious sensibilities?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh the drama!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: windword

cakes and flowers and pizza are not essential services.

So now equality is based on need?

How is equality based on force?

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You were in rehab? That explains a heck of a lot right there.

I just went WOOOOOOW loudly. Now here comes ad hominem attacks.

You checked yourself into a rehab and paid for it even though they did not provide the service you wanted? And you call other people irrational?

Huh what? Did I say other people were irrational? You must be on something.

We get it.

You support the people's right to discriminate.
You do not support discrimination.

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

You can't bring something up and then get pissy when someone calls you on it.

It is not cognitive dissonance. Just like one can support one's right to free speech and yet not agree with what they say, one can support one's right to association and not agree with who they do or do not associate with. This is supporting freedom and is known as "tolerance."

That's the major difference between you and I. I think people should be able to make their own choices in life, you think people who make choices you don't like should be punished. Which philosophy is more consistent with freedom and choice? Who is more like the rabid religious right? Me who thinks people should be left alone or you who think the coercive power of government should be used to force people to comply with what you believe?

You are just like Fred Phelps, just on the other side of the fascist coin.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Oh the drama!

Hey he started it!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No, you're talking about individual rights. What about the right of hospital hired interpreter to discriminate against certain types of patients?

What about the right of the city clerk to deny a legal marriage license because it offends her religious sensibilities?

Hospital interpreter is an employee. His boss should be able to fire him if he cannot do the job he is hired to do.

The city clerk is a public, taxpayer funded, servant commissioned to fulfill the law and serve the citizens in his city. If he cannot, then the city has every right to fire him.

Neither of which have anything to do with a private individual or business. Again with the strawmen.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

What? He is the one who said I do not know what tolerance means. I have never said that he or anyone do not know what it means.

Why even argue that your using the victim tactic, just to win an argument?

What victim tactic?
Win what argument?

He is the one who claimed that I do not understand tolerance!

WHoa kimosabe. I seem to remember earlier in the thread you saying almost all southerers are bigoted. youre one to talk about tolerance.

Point of the thread is that this has only helped the shop owners and illustrates the hypocricy of the supossed people wronged by the shop owners.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

cakes and flowers and pizza are not essential services.

So now equality is based on need?

How is equality based on force?

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Yes it does. You want to use force to achieve your version of "equality." How else do you think the laws you want work?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

ROFLMAO!!!!

I called it didn't I? I said there will be more ad hominem attacks.

---

"I support the people's right to discriminate"
"I do not support discrimination"

Those two statements are made by you over and over again. That is cognitive dissonance.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sure you replied to the right person?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

ROFLMAO!!!!

I called it didn't I? I said there will be more ad hominem attacks.

"I support the people's right to discriminate"
"I do not support discrimination"

Those two statements are made by you over and over again. That is cognitive dissonance.

I can play your game. Copy and paste where I said "I support the people's right to discriminate."

I have said over and over again I do not support discrimination. Here's where you are being intentionally obtuse.

Once again and very slowly.

One

can

believe

that

one

has

the right

to make

their own

decisions

without

agreeing

with

the
decsion

made

just

like one

can believe

that someone

has the freedom

of speech

without agreeing

with what is said.

Would you ban religious speech, especially Wesboro Baptist? Yes or no?
edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

They have tolerance mixed up with acceptance, whether it be sexual preference etc. In some cases they want total agreement and even special treatment. Its an argument you will never get a stubborn liberal to understand. They only want what they call equality for their chosen groups. I understand fully what you have been sayin, but some people never will no matter how much effort you put into it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

They have tolerance mixed up with acceptance, whether it be sexual preference etc. In some cases they want total agreement and even special treatment. Its an argument you will never get a stubborn liberal to understand. They only want what they call equality for their chosen groups. I understand fully what you have been sayin, but some people never will no matter how much effort you put into it.

And that is a very valid point. They are "tolerant" except for stuff they don't like--which really isn't tolerance because the whole point of tolerance is tolerating stuff you don't like. They don't want acceptance or equality--they want to force their will upon their fellow man and, as such, are really no better than the people they complain about.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Why are you talking like that? Sounds like someone who is so desperate.

Would you ban religious speech, especially Wesboro Baptist? Yes or no?

You keep bring up the freedom of speech specifically religious speech. Why? What does that have to do with the topic?

No I would not want to ban Westboro Baptist Church's speech. They have every right to their speech as anyone else. I am not sure why you think I am against free speech.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

No I would not want to ban Westboro Baptist Church's speech. They have every right to their speech as anyone else. I am not sure why you think I am against free speech.

Oh, so you agree with what they say then?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You haven't said anything. You replied to the wrong person with that post.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

PAge 2 you said and i quote,"Yeah like that will 'work in small towns especially those bigoted towns and the Bible belts."

That was what I was referring to. in the post you just replied to. That dont sound very tolerant does it?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Eh? Just wait till it wears off and we'll talk ok?

I support free speech. I support Westboro Baptist Church's freedom to speak whatever they want.
Does that mean I agree with what they say? No. Supporting people's right to speak whatever they want doesn't mean you agree or disagree with what they say.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Eh? Just wait till it wears off and we'll talk ok?

I support free speech. I support Westboro Baptist Church's freedom to speak whatever they want.
Does that mean I agree with what they say? No. Supporting people's right to speak whatever they want doesn't mean you agree or disagree with what they say.

Okay...now think hard and try to see what point you just made for me. Everybody else in the thread right now can see it. Connect the dots...that's right...think about it and it'll come to you...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

PAge 2 you said and i quote,"Yeah like that will 'work in small towns especially those bigoted towns and the Bible belts."

That was what I was referring to. in the post you just replied to. That dont sound very tolerant does it?

Where did I say they are southerners? You added that word not me.

Are there small towns and Bible belts? Yes or no?

Will letting bigoted businesses do whatever they want and have them go out of business in those areas (as some have suggested) work as a solution? Yes or no?

I have never once talked about "southerners". You did.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join