It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NavyDoc

I don't think you understand?

If you sell a product or service to ALL, then you sell to ALL. Customers are EQUAL.

He understands. He just doesn't agree.

He seems to think we live in a Democracy, not a Republic.

Okay, that's laughable. A republic where the rights of the individual are protected even when we don't like them by the law are radically opposite to your belief of forcing a private individual to engage in commerce unwillingly. Heck, that belief isn't even democratic--it leans towards fascism.
edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
im divorcing internet and tv..both are irritating to my sanity..

link   
a reply to: Annee

and you have equal representation, but your rights should never remove the rights of another person..

the saying goes, your rights end where mine begin... when your right clashes with my right, its best to find a place where your rights arent coming up against another's right.

people have the right to freedom of religion, it is not necessary for you to agree, they are protected according to the constitution..

a cake baker who employs self plus 1 should not loose their constitutional right to reasonable accommodation for the practicing of their beliefs just because they got a business license to make cakes instead of making those cakes at walmart.

Time often changes people's points of view.. but until that time, don't work toward the erosion of the rights of people, when some day you might yourself be finding yourself wanting some one working FOR your own rights.. you might simply find yourself more alone than you might like..

you do not have to agree with someone in order to be supportive of their rights..

link   

All customers are not equal. Some get a discount for cash, some pay more for credit or a payment plan.

Eh? Somebody else brought up the same silly argument about poor people.

Question:

Are black people equal to white people? Are gay people equal to straight people? Are Christians equal to Muslims? And so on and on?

They are all equal which is why the desires of one citizen does not supersede the desires of another.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

If you sell a product or service to ALL, then you sell to ALL. Customers are EQUAL.

Okay, that's laughable. A republic where the rights of the individual are protected even when we don't like them by the law are radically opposite to your belief of forcing a private individual to engage in commerce unwillingly. Heck, that belief isn't even democratic--it leans towards fascism.

You want me to say Constitutional Republic?

Still, what you propose is Democracy - - majority rule.

Because that's what your proposal of "independent" will result in.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

They are all equal which is why the desires of one citizen does not supersede the desires of another.

Eh? Then you agree? Anyone should be able to buy products and services with no problem? I think you are confusing yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Annee

and you have equal representation, but your rights should never remove the rights of another person..

Let's celebrate a gay pizza party.

Oh wait, gays do not have rights in Indiana.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No, what you want is the majority to force the minority. If everybody is mad at the pizza guy who does not want to cater a gay wedding, you want the state to force him or remove his lively hood. That is more the principle of mob rule--and even pushing towards fascism.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Eh? Then you agree? Anyone should be able to buy products and services with no problem? I think you are confusing yourself.

I think everyone should be free to buy or sell goods without corercion and of their own free will. If one persons want to buy a good supersedes the orher persons want to sell it, they are not equal.
The only person fooling the self is you because you don't undrstand what equality actually is.
edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

link   

No, what you want is the majority to force the minority. If everybody is mad at the pizza guy who does not want to cater a gay wedding, you want the state to force him or remove his lively hood. That is more the principle of mob rule--and even pushing towards fascism.

Who's the minority?

You are seriously going to debate your "every man for himself" using this single incident?

There would be no incident if the pizza place respected the minority - - - LGBT

Yes, MOB RULE - - - Christians vs minority group.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm not sure but it seems that you want to bring back the 60's like few others on ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The first amendment was not just about freedom den religion but also freedom of religion you only choose to see half of the equation.

Freedom to practice your religion is then freedom to discriminate? What else does your religious freedom guarantee? If it let's you discriminate - will it let you kill?

You might say no - that murder is something we've all agreed on - you aren't allowed to kill another citizen. Not even if your religion says you can, or even that you must. But what's that you say? Let the market decide?

:-)

Maybe you think I'm being overly dramatic?

What else does polite society agree on Navy? What other things are we not allowed to do even if our god says it's OK?

I disagree with cultural Marxism.

I have a problem with religious fascism

Since there is no perfect solution, I choose the solution that asks that all citizens abide by certain rules. If a religious person feels they simply cannot make a cake for an interracial couple - then they should be free to refuse? Maybe they should be allowed - but that's not a country I want to live in - that's not a country most people wanted to live in - so we made a law. And, guess what - we're not done

People are people. You don't have to like them, but if they're part of the public - you have to treat them like part of the public

Maybe we should start treating the Bible like a legal document. If an individual feels that strongly about not serving gays, they have to be accountable and consistent. No unwed couples, no unwed mothers, no prostitutes, no drunkards, no eaters of certain foods - no unruly teenagers talking smack to their folks...

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to eat cake!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Who's the minority?

You are seriously going to debate your "every man for himself" using this single incident?

Yes mob rule. Big government statists vs individual business owners.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Who's the minority?

A business license is government.

If you want a business you agree to terms.

A business is not your personal belief.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'm not sure but it seems that you want to bring back the 60's like few others on ATS.

You might want to get original with your straw man arguements--they are so stale.

Not a single person has advocated for government sponsored discrimination or segregation laws--although the left loves governmental discrimination as it exists today.

What people are supporting however is that private individuals be free to choose to associate as they please without governmental mandates. I'm pro-choice, why are you not?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You might want to get original with your straw man arguements

LOL what the heck are you talking about? I'm just asking you!

What you are doing is supporting discrimination!

Pro-choice? This isn't about abortion.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Who's the minority?

So say you. What gives you the right to decide for someone ekse? That the state forces you to get a license to have a livelihood is neirher tacit agreement with the states positions on everything, total surrender of your autonomy, or carte blanche to have everything dictated to you. What you advocate us fascism. Not so long ago it was against the law for gay people to own a business. Would you agree with that? Would you say, "suck it up, that's part of having a business license?"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You might want to get original with your straw man arguements

LOL what the heck are you talking about? I'm just asking you!

What you are doing is supporting discrimination!

Pro-choice? This isn't about abortion.

So abortion is the only choice that is permissible. Thank you, you are so generous permitting us only that choice.

I'm not supporting discrimination--again with the straw man arguement. I'm against discrimination but I'm also for the freedom of association. They are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Who's the minority?

So say you. What gives you the right to decide for someone ekse? That the state forces you to get a license to have a livelihood is neirher tacit agreement with the states positions on everything, total surrender of your autonomy, or carte blanche to have everything dictated to you. What you advocate us fascism. Not so long ago it was against the law for gay people to own a business. Would you agree with that? Would you say, "suck it up, that's part of having a business license?"

I suggest you buy an island. You can set up businesses.

You can get people to run them and tell them they can do anything they want.

When they do stuff you don't like - - - you can replace them or ask them to change - - - cuz you would be the government.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I'm not supporting discrimination--again with the straw man arguement. I'm against discrimination

BUT YOU YOURSELF!!! said that we should let business owners discriminate! So YES!!! you support discrimination!

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join