It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

indiana wants me (music video)

the music video for the R Dean Taylor song "indiana wants me"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NavyDoc

Nonsense. A hospital is a taxpayer supported essential service.

How about private clinics? Better for you? You are dancing around it.

And being deaf does neither give you some sort or moral high ground, special insight, nor understanding of what tolerance is.

Sometimes I wonder if you are being a troll. Being deaf gives me experience with intolerance. People of difference races, disabilities, etc etc of course do experience intolerance.

Going for victim hood to try to win an arguement too I see. Classy.

Eh? How am I going for a victim hood? Ok I guess you are being a troll.
A deaf person can be just as intolerant as anyone else. Being deaf does not absolve you nor put you above any of the character flaws anyone else has and does not make you unique in being on the receiving end of intolerance and deaf people are both tolerated and supported in today's society so I don't buy that sob story either.

edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

If a place of business who makes wedding cakes hires a Christian they must allow that employee any reasonable accommodation needed for that Christian, which means if a Christian feels they cannot participate in a same sex wedding ceremony, that place of business, BY LAW, must provide reasonable accommodation and allow that Christian to refuse their participation.

No. You're wrong. This is why Angie's List and Walmart were so against this (new) law. That's why Indiana caught such flack. No other state has a law on the books that makes an employer accommodate any particular religion. All that is to be negotiated at the time of hire. A Walmart employee can't just say that they refuse to work with another employee or refuse service to a customer, because of who they're sleeping, with because it offends their religious sensibilities.

A restaurant that serves pork and alcohol doesn't have to hire a Muslim who says in their job interview that they refuse to handle pork and alcohol. A Muslim woman hired to play to Snow White or Cinderella at Disney Land can't wear a head scarf, no matter what her religious convictions are.

Angie's List doesn't want to be responsible for informing you that the plumber you hired is gay.

The Federal Religious Freedom and Restoration Act protects "people" from the government violating their freedom of religion, UNLESS, it has a good reason to do so. The Federal Religious Freedom and Restoration Act does not allow citizens or businesses to discriminate on the precepts that were long ago settled in the Civil Rights Act, and subsequent state civil right laws.

Now, right now, the State of Indiana offers no civil right protections to LGBT, so they can be discriminated against, by anyone, for any reason, religious or not, regardless of the state's revised RFRA.

It's the Supreme Court of the United States that you should be worried about, because they are on the verge of making LGBT federally protected under the Federal Civil Rights Act. Then, religion won't matter one bit, anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

A deaf person can be just as intolerant as anyone else.

Copy and paste where I said that.

Being deaf does not absolve you nor put you above any of the character flaws anyone else has

does not make you unique in being on the receiving end of intolerance

I don't buy that sob story either.

What sob story? You are the one who is sobbing.

You are putting words in my mouth for some reason.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A deaf person can be just as intolerant as anyone else.

Being deaf does not absolve you nor put you above any of the character flaws anyone else has

does not make you unique in being on the receiving end of intolerance

I don't buy that sob story either.

What sob story? You are the one who is sobbing.

You are putting words in my mouth for some reason.

You are the one who brought it up like a trump card. Why else did you bring it up?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sometimes I wonder if you are being a troll.

Wonder no more!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ah I see. You can't copy and paste because I have never said any of those. You put the words in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OpinionatedB

If a place of business who makes wedding cakes hires a Christian they must allow that employee any reasonable accommodation needed for that Christian, which means if a Christian feels they cannot participate in a same sex wedding ceremony, that place of business, BY LAW, must provide reasonable accommodation and allow that Christian to refuse their participation.

No. You're wrong. This is why Angie's List and Walmart were so against this (new) law. That's why Indiana caught such flack. No other state has a law on the books that makes an employer accommodate any particular religion. All that is to be negotiated at the time of hire. A Walmart employee can't just say that they refuse to work with another employee or refuse service to a customer, because of who they're sleeping, with because it offends their religious sensibilities.

A restaurant that serves pork and alcohol doesn't have to hire a Muslim who says in their job interview that they refuse to handle pork and alcohol. A Muslim woman hired to play to Snow White or Cinderella at Disney Land can't wear a head scarf, no matter what her religious convictions are.

Angie's List doesn't want to be responsible for informing you that the plumber you hired is gay.

The Federal Religious Freedom and Restoration Act protects "people" from the government violating their freedom of religion, UNLESS, it has a good reason to do so. The Federal Religious Freedom and Restoration Act does not allow citizens or businesses to discriminate on the precepts that were long ago settled in the Civil Rights Act, and subsequent state civil right laws.

Now, right now, the State of Indiana offers no civil right protections to LGBT, so they can be discriminated against, by anyone, for any reason, religious or not, regardless of the state's revised RFRA.

It's the Supreme Court of the United States that you should be worried about, because they are on the verge of making LGBT federally protected under the Federal Civil Rights Act. Then, religion won't matter one bit, anyway.

the supreme court also upheld Dred Scott and Jim Crow.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Ah I see. You can't copy and paste because I have never said any of those. You put the words in my mouth.

Why did you mention it? We both know why--it's the last gasp of a failing arguement. Establish victim hood, moral superiority, and try to get your opponent to back down. Pretty sad but typical.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So? Benjamin Franklin was a womanizer. Your point?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Cold dude, just cold.

If you really believe mainstream society aren't so petty and insecure as to hold anything they see as different against others just to make themselves more superior, then I think you need to wake up to yourself!

From what I've seen you seem to really enjoy putting others down, just to make yourself feel more superior. But let me just say, your no better or worse than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So? Benjamin Franklin was a womanizer. Your point?

That SCOTUS has made bad decisions before.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ok so copy and paste and prove me wrong. Go ahead. I do not understand why you are trying to add words to my mouth? Where the heck have I ever said anything about being a victim? Moral superiority? Where did I say that?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Cold dude, just cold.

If you really believe mainstream society aren't so petty and insecure as to hold anything they see as different against others just to make themselves more superior, then I think you need to wake up to yourself!

From what I've seen you seem to really enjoy putting others down, just to make yourself feel more superior. But let me just say, your no better or worse than anyone else.

See it worked. Playing the victim card always works and here we have an example of that in action.

Why complain to me--he is the one who pulled it out to make a point in an arguement.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ok so copy and paste and prove me wrong. Go ahead. I do not understand why you are trying to add words to my mouth? Where the heck have I ever said anything about being a victim? Moral superiority? Where did I say that?

Why did you bring it up if not to make a point? What relavence was it?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Playing the victim card always works and here we have an example of that in action.

Again copy and paste.

You can't. Know why? I have never ever played the victim card.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What "Victim card"?! Nope. He pulled the "Experience Card". There's a difference, but it alludes you, apparently.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

sorry posted to the wrong person.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I wonder what would happen if I opened the Obama Rainbow coalition gay and minority pizzeria and refused service to caucasian christians?

You'd Go broke??

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Why did you bring it up if not to make a point? What relavence was it?

You are the one who made the claim that I have said those things.

Anyway back to the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join