It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
might want to see who is doing the "collecting"...

About the Organizer Lawrence Billy Jones III

Dana leash opened up the go fund me. ALso Apparently the people in that town are actually supporting the owners as well. Even some GAY and LESBIAN groups IN THE SAME TOWN.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Oh man, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier the more this whole thing comes to light.

So this whole funding thing was set up by Billy who's a Conservative Activist. Why am I not surprised???

Oh man people are so stupid.

This douche bag even tweeted that he's doing it to piss off liberals. Such honorable motives.

He's a Right Wing Radical Propagandist and Partisan Hack.

What a sad species we are. What a f*cking embarrassment we must be to any real intelligent life in the universe or beyond.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

...and this is probably how it all begins.. the constitution gets shredded because people only care about their own rights and could give a # less about the rights of another.

The constitution doesn't promise us a segregated set of rights. It also doesn't promise any one religion that their beliefs are supreme

Let's forget the constitution for a moment and try to remember a few things

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This has been called "one of the best-known sentences in the English language",containing "the most potent and consequential words in American history". The passage came to represent a moral standard to which the United States should strive.

Your personal belief that homosexuality is wrong is just that - your personal belief. Your rights as a citizen are no more special than the rights of any other citizen

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Guess what, I'm just as tired of the Christian/Religious Right's agenda to establish themselves above the rest of us.

No one has ever asked that anyone accept anything. No one wants anyone to change their beliefs.

You are required to change your actions when they interfere with due process and equality under the law.

Don't try to make laws that are only used against me, or, that only benefit you, and we will have no issues at all.

Believe in Jesus, Santa Claus and Superman for all I care. It's all equally absurd, and I'm just as disgusted and appallled.

The issues are legal issues, not morality, not religion, not queasiness over someone else's affections ...

I'm sick of the whining and puling Christians taking everything so personal, seeing themselves under attack from anyone that doesn't bow down and let them prance their holy dance over them ...

So, brother or sister, trust the feelings are MUTUAL.
edit on 20Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:26:03 -050015p082015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Dana leash opened up the go fund me. ALso Apparently the people in that town are actually supporting the owners as well. Even some GAY and LESBIAN groups IN THE SAME TOWN.

I guess those gays and lesbians are not members of the Mafia or the Agenda ... /barf.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

Your link takes us to the GOFundMe page. No thank you. So, tell us, who's Lawrence Billy Jones III?

LBJ3 is the modern voice of conservatism—owing to his breakthrough investigative journalism that exposed fraud in Obamacare.

LawrenceBJones.com

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Free Speech" is a misnomer. Americans are FREE to say just about anything they like without criminal repercussion.

However, they are NOT protected from their employers or from their personal responsibility for the things they say.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: yuppa

I guess those gays and lesbians are not members of the Mafia or the Agenda ... /barf.

Well if their own town has no problem with them It dont matter what we believe does it?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If you believe that, why are you in this discussion?

Obviously, their own town DOES have a problem with them, because they shuttered the doors and are happily accepting the dole of others ignorance. Oh, unless there really was no problems for them and this has been nothing more than a staged event.

Nah ... nothing ever happens like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: NavyDoc

...people in this very thread entered assuming that the people had actually discriminated.

I didn't. In fact, I said in the post you're replying to that I can understand why the Pizza family might be feeling very afraid right now. What can we say about people hurling abuse at each other on the internet?

Some people threaten women with rape or worse in different situations - some people think this is awful, some people think its criminal - some people think it's a non-issue. Just words - nothing to get all whiny about

I've also heard worse online coming from NRA and 2nd amendment supporters - far worse

I haven't read all of the comments, so I can't say whether or not any actual threats have been made. Insults? Yes - maybe it's not classy, maybe they don't deserve it. But, this is the law now in Indiana - and they did say that if the opportunity presented itself, they would happily discriminate. What did they expect?

This isn't about cakes, or flowers - or even the right to get married. This is about something much bigger than any of that. We are looking at freedom here - for everybody - from religion. It's not about destroying religion. Religious people are not above the laws that we have all agreed on together. If they don't like those laws - they can try to change them

Oh, golly - I guess they just did. I suppose they want people to also be happy about that? If we're not happy that they get their way in everything - is that persecution?

I think it a very dangerous situation when we demand that the government punish thoughts and beliefs.

Can you show me where the government punished anyone's thoughts or beliefs? In fact - the State of Indiana just passed a law that pretty much give's religious folk carte blanche to do as they please

Meanwhile, some (and only some) religious people are fine with punishing other people for their thoughts and beliefs

I don't think anyone is suggesting a lawless society. People are suggesting that private, non-governmental, non-taxpayer funded, non-essential services can be free to make their own decisions. That's not lawless nor "the law of the jungle."

So - back to segregation? Back to Jim Crow? Or is this different somehow - because these people are gay? They shouldn't really expect to be treated like everybody else?

Yes, the market should decide, not government.

The comments section at yahoo and many other places is doing exactly that. It's honest. Should they not be allowed to vote with their words and their dollars? Should they be nicer?

What do you suggest? Should the government make them shut up? Should people with guns make them shut up?

It is what it is Navy. If this law doesn't get reworked to some peoples satisfaction - the market really is going to decide

That's what is the law in many places and that's what many people here advocate--make a law to force people to confirm. You can't deny that this is the issue.

These pizza people have been threatened with death and violence and having their place burned down. This is also a fact.

The first amendment was not just about freedom den religion but also freedom of religion you only choose to see half of the equation.

Segregation was a Givernment set of rules promulgated by government. You seek to redress unfair government dictates by making more unfair government dictates? FYI, the last segregated public school was in Boston.

I disagree with cultural Marxism.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

If you believe that, why are you in this discussion?

Obviously, their own town DOES have a problem with them, because they shuttered the doors and are happily accepting the dole of others ignorance. Oh, unless there really was no problems for them and this has been nothing more than a staged event.

Nah ... nothing ever happens like that.

Your information is old. They are back open according to what i heard today.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: OpinionatedB

...and this is probably how it all begins.. the constitution gets shredded because people only care about their own rights and could give a # less about the rights of another.

The constitution doesn't promise us a segregated set of rights. It also doesn't promise any one religion that their beliefs are supreme

Let's forget the constitution for a moment and try to remember a few things

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This has been called "one of the best-known sentences in the English language",containing "the most potent and consequential words in American history". The passage came to represent a moral standard to which the United States should strive.

Your personal belief that homosexuality is wrong is just that - your personal belief. Your rights as a citizen are no more special than the rights of any other citizen

Exactly. Which is why your right to buy a cake does not supersede the right of another not to sell it to you if they don't want to.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Exactly. Which is why your right to buy a cake does not supersede the right of another not to sell it to you if they don't want to.

Because people are equal?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Thanks for fighting the good fight, Annee!

Thank you. It is funny, cuz I'm about as straight forward as you can get.

In my 20s I was still a "somewhat" idealistic Christian. I was "life naive", "life ignorant", still in the "Christ bubble" - - and believed it was my duty to spread the word and try to get everyone to "come to Christ". I felt the persecution whenever anyone rejected Christ. Of course my generation was race and Civil Rights. Homosexuality was hush-hush and not "out of the closet" yet, but still known as an abomination and a horrible sin. Not only against God, but against all of humanity.

But, "I don't understand".

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yes. Exactly. Part of being equal is the ability to engage in a mutually beneficial exchange of goods and services as one sees fit. If the state forces that interaction, then one party is no longer equal.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Yes. Exactly. Part of being equal is the ability to engage in a mutually beneficial exchange of goods and services as one sees fit. If the state forces that interaction, then one party is no longer equal.

Being equal is that my decisions bear equal weight to yours and if we cannot come to an agreement, we go are own separate ways. That is equality between individuals.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don't think you understand?

If you sell a product or service to ALL, then you sell to ALL. Customers are EQUAL.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If you sell a produce or service to ALL, then you sell to ALL. Customers are EQUAL.

No. That is not equality. Equality is where two individuals come to a mutually beneficial agreement without coercion. I may come to a different agreement with one than another. Equality is where we both have a choice. I am po-choice, are you not as well?

All customers are not equal. Some get a discount for cash, some pay more for credit or a payment plan.
edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If you sell a product or service to ALL, then you sell to ALL. Customers are EQUAL.

He understands. He just doesn't agree.

He seems to think we live in a Democracy, not a Republic.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

All customers are not equal. Some get a discount for cash, some pay more for credit or a payment plan.

Eh? Somebody else brought up the same silly argument about poor people.

Question:

Are black people equal to white people? Are gay people equal to straight people? Are Christians equal to Muslims? And so on and on?

a reply to: Annee

He understands. He just doesn't agree.

You sure? The post above you proves that he doesn't understand.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join