It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Deal With Iran ‘Reached On All Key Aspects’ – Lavrov

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Iran and six major world powers have managed to reach a preliminary agreement on ‘all the key aspects’ of a deal over Tehran’s controversial nuclear program, Russia’s FM has announced, adding that the sides have begun drafting the text.

Experts from Iran and P5+1 have started drafting a preliminary deal and the document could be expected either within the next few hours or later on Wednesday, Sergey Lavrov hopes. However, clearing the “technical details” of a final deal may take until June, he added.

“We can quite certainly say that on all the key aspects of the final settlement of this problem, the ministers have reached principal consent that will be, hopefully in the next hours, maybe a day, put on paper.

Nuclear deal with Iran ‘reached on all key aspects’ – Lavrov

I am really interested in what the US has to say about this deal .

But unfortunately the only bit of info from the news source is this

The White House announced that US President Barack Obama received an update on the talks from his national security team via a video teleconference, but did not give any details.

The deal would put restrictions on Iranian nuclear activities, which would prevent it from rushing towards nuclear capability while allowing it to develop a civilian nuclear industry.

The negotiations are opposed by some of Iran's regional rivals, most notably US allies - Israel and Saudi Arabia. Israel vigorously obstructed the negotiations, claiming that they would result in a “bad deal.”

What do you think ATS ?
edit on 1-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good for the world but we'll see how Israel will be dealing with this.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro

Now the onus is on Iran to be honest and abide by it.

time for BS and propaganda is over. If you are legitimate, then now is the time to prove it.

As for Israel, they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

If they have the right to exist then so does Palestine, Becoming the Nazi's of the 21st century isn't the way to go about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Talliostro

Now the onus is on Iran to be honest and abide by it.

time for BS and propaganda is over. If you are legitimate, then now is the time to prove it.

As for Israel, they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

If they have the right to exist then so does Palestine, Becoming the Nazi's of the 21st century isn't the way to go about it.

And what will you ssy when Iran gets the nuke and uses it on isreal?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good thing if they reach a deal.

But I hope the US is not trying to pass to Iran a "Kadafi", you know disarm then discard!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

The rapid agreement with Iran was well predicted by Thierry Meyssan in his article
www.voltairenet.org...

> predict the future: in a few months, maybe even as
> early as late March, Washington and Tehran would
> reach an overall agreement. The United States
> will renew contact with Syria, closely followed
> by the European states, including France. We will
> discover that the el-Assad is neither a dictator
> nor a torturer. Therefore, the war against Syria
> will come to an end, while the main jihadist
> forces would be eliminated by a true international
> coalition. When this is all over, the surviving
> jihadists would be sent by the CIA to the Russian
> Caucasus and Chinese Xinjiang.

US comes to Middle-East as the savior. Ultimately sends the ISIS to Russia and China. – And cometh the day when the US goes to Russia and China as a "savior".

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

If Iran drop a nuclear weapon on someone, then I don't think you will find a single soul in the world who will be against retaliation.

That's the best contribution to this topic you could come up with? a baited question?

Iran have had chemical and biological weapons for sometime, they haven't used them on Israel.

Question: You really do believe all the ring winged nonsense about Iran being the evil country don't you - you've fallen for the Bill Orielly nonsense. Forget about Israel or the USA and the crimes they have committed, Iran are the enemy, right?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

If Iran drop a nuclear weapon on someone, then I don't think you will find a single soul in the world who will be against retaliation.

That's the best contribution to this topic you could come up with? a baited question?

Iran have had chemical and biological weapons for sometime, they haven't used them on Israel.

Question: You really do believe all the ring winged nonsense about Iran being the evil country don't you - you've fallen for the Bill Orielly nonsense. Forget about Israel or the USA and the crimes they have committed, Iran are the enemy, right?

Bit arrogant of you speaking for the world. You think wrong.

We have yet to retaliate against the US for dropping not one, but TWO nuclear bombs on innocent people in anger on August 6 and August 9, 1945.

I think the way this ends is.. well.. what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and that I am sure will happen one day. Since all the bad things America has done to the rest of the world, there will be no tears wept. I mean you're all still rubbing 9/11 in our faces every chance you get for sympathy.

It is like a broken car alarm day in and day out. Nobody hears you any more, nobody listens, nobody cares anymore. I know I don't.

PS: Please take your NATO tanks/APC's little provoke Russia road tour (and bases/weapons) out of our countries and go home.

edit on 1-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
John Bolton, Mad McCain, Nutty-yahoo and many others must be apoplectic with anger!

After all the years of the nutters calling for the bombing of Iran, and having not conned people into doing it, they must be madly searching for another excuse. Maybe Israel will cook up some reason and carry out an attack, hoping that the rest of the world then steps in to finish the job and protect them from any retaliation.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

1. I am not American
2. A nation dropping a nuke in peacetime for religous reasons is a crime worthy of retaliation. The USA dropping bombs during WW2 is not.
3. If you had any idea of my positions against the US on this board over the last 10yrs youd realise how wrong you are .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

1. I am not American
2. A nation dropping a nuke in peacetime for religous reasons is a crime worthy of retaliation. The USA dropping bombs during WW2 is not.
3. If you had any idea of my positions against the US on this board over the last 10yrs youd realise how wrong you are .

I think dropping a nuke at all is a crime worthy of retaliation. There has never been "peacetime" since Americas creation.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Ahh your one of those people. Jump on the I hate American bandwagon. you havent used that "america has been at war xxx years out of its creation " sound bite yet.

I am by no means Pro or Anti USA. every situation needs to be judged on its morals at the time. But you clearly dont agree.

Dropping the bomb on Hiroshima still didnt force the Japanese to surrender, it took 2 bombs to end the war. tell me, your extensive knowledge of those bombings is from the internet right?
edit on am404308012015-04-01T04:04:38-05:00042015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Ahh your one of those people. Jump on the I hate American bandwagon. you havent used that "america has been at war xxx years out of its creation " sound bite yet.

I am by no means Pro or Anti USA. every situation needs to be judged on its morals at the time. But you clearly dont agree.

Dropping the bomb on Hiroshima still didnt force the Japanese to surrender, it took 2 bombs to end the war. tell me, your extensive knowledge of those bombings is from the internet right?

How different is the "I hate America bandwagon" from the "I hate Russia/Iran/Syria/North Korea bandwagon"?

Please enlighten us on this.

edit on 1-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Did this deal require the release of Saeed Abedini and any other Americans held prisoner in Iran?

If it didn't, it can go as another failure to the Obama administration including John Kerry.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If true, an example that tuff sanctions can work ultimately and patience is rewarded with a fair outcome.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I can vouch for that.

Being fair and balanced is not a popular way to go these days. Being divisive is the new norm.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good job for making deals rather than trying to make Iran as next mid-east country to rage yet another war, that might still be the target but at least its step that can go for right directions.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I'll field that.

It's called having a belief system, a genuine capacity to educate yourself in regards to what you believe and the capacity to choose how your life is lived.

While there is obvious truth to various corruptions within the American system it is of course far from perfect, none the less the word you use "Hate" is not the operative word in regards to most American reasoning. I certainly do not hate the Russians I am of Russian decent, I certainly do not "Hate" the Syrians nor the Iranians one of my best friends is Iranian and I absolutely adore Asian culture and would love to see North and South Korean families reunited if at all possible.

I do however share a degree of the American opposition based mindset in regards to these regimes for various reasons.

Again I will state I strongly oppose the mistakes my country sometimes makes externally and particularly internally.

BUT, despite corruption which plagues any system, despite my particular vehemence against certain policies I am absolutely NOT living in a system where I am the subject of a bloodline inherited government with no say in the matter like North Korea, nor am I lorded over by for all intents and purposes a strongman dictator for the last 20 years like Russia nor are the rules of my society dictated by a Theocracy.

Sure there are elements of these things in America, we have right wing religious nuts within politics, our system does allow families and corporations via Lobbying to wield more power than i'd like, but I am not subjugated, the information I am allowed to process does get "influenced" but no one has ever stopped me from seeking truth and while we have not eliminated these forces from our nation we are not ruled by them, the power exists to be sanely and without violence free of such influences and to stand against them and the people in these nations are to varying degrees subjugated and powerless against what rules them.

I do not have to be a genius to fight for education, I do not have to be 100% free to recognize true tyranny, I do not have to be a particle physicist to know religious rule is not truly acceptable in the modern world and certainly the United States as a nation does not have to have achieved perfection or even currently be among the best in the world to stand against these sorts of absolute corruptions Government nor does it need to even use the best tactics all the time to be right in opposing them.

It saddens me the state of education in America but I do not read "State Sponsored Books Only" I am not a fan of religion but my laws are not dictated by it either and I don't like our Politicians in most cases but we do get to see them vanish after a few years in most cases with an opportunity at least to improve.

I do not HATE these nations or their people, I do not burn their flags, my information comes from interaction with them because my country is fairly wide open. But I oppose them because My own country and My own life can Never achieve further advancement in the cause of human freedom while such Absolutism's are part of the world stage, my "Far from perfect but much better situation" Nor anybody else's can truly advance while such systems of totalitarian oppression or those that teeter on the edge are in power their existence mandates a counter balance which in itself drags the rest of the world down. Women are not equal while in places they are being stoned, rationalism can not thrive while superstition holds the power to challenge it, fair govt can not exist while some hold the power of absolute dictatorship so yes not perfect but no Hate is not the reason.

edit on 1-4-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The warhawks and chicken hawks on here wont be happy.

They were so hopeing for a "cool" war to watch on the idiot box via faux news at home.

Though lets not breath a sigh of relief. Chances are the world will get a Bush III in 2016 so we will still get a war most likely!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The warhawks and chicken hawks on here wont be happy.

They were so hopeing for a "cool" war to watch on the idiot box via faux news at home.

Though lets not breath a sigh of relief. Chances are the world will get a Bush III in 2016 so we will still get a war most likely!

I remember school kids watching the first Gulf war in awe and excitement, sick really. They watched as bombs went boom boom and cheered.

The only way to stop these cheers and excitement, is bring it home to them. Let them use their PvP skill from their computer games now.

Civilised society is not so civilised.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join