It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Deal With Iran ‘Reached On All Key Aspects’ – Lavrov

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

You mean like

Bay of Pigs?
Vietnam?

No - World War II and Japan.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
If Iran wanted "the bomb", they would already have it.

Western educated physicists, with full government backing, would have no significant issue making a bomb equal to those made by the West in the 50's and 60's. It is, literally, mature and well understood science.

Iran has hundreds of those guys...as well as a delivery system capable of hitting any ME country.

If they wanted "the bomb" to attack them...they would have done it years ago.

Honestly, if anybody wants a nuclear bomb, they can just google it.

Really, everybody is treating Iran like they are stupid or something.

Don't know why I return to some of these threads

That statement is retarded, anyone making it is clueless and honestly it ruins intellectual credibility on the rest of comments made when something so ridiculous is said. It's not "easy" to make an atomic bomb, i'm not even going to go into details and why, you can't just "google it" lol. Unbelievable... the Freakin Walter White of Atomic weapons here rofl... Let's go to Home Depot and see what you guys can do, we can stop at bed Bath and Beyond too so we get matching colors for our our tooth brushes and the A Bomb, wouldn't want to destroy a city with bad oral hygiene and all

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

Western educated physicists, with full government backing, would have no significant issue making a bomb equal to those made by the West in the 50's and 60's. It is, literally, mature and well understood science.

Iran has hundreds of those guys...as well as a delivery system capable of hitting any ME country.

That statement is retarded, anyone making it is clueless and honestly it ruins intellectual credibility on the rest of comments made when something so ridiculous is said. It's not "easy" to make an atomic bomb, i'm not even going to go into details and why, you can't just "google it" lol. Unbelievable... the Freakin Walter White of Atomic weapons here rofl... Let's go to Home Depot and see what you guys can do, we can stop at bed Bath and Beyond too so we get matching colors for our our tooth brushes and the A Bomb, wouldn't want to destroy a city with bad oral hygiene and all

I never said it was easy, I just said a lot of information on it is there. You don't have to do the "science" of discovery behind it, just perform the process. The discovery part has already been done.

Those are two different things.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm sure another war is THE LAST thing anyone wants to see ,who actually GOES to fight in them.
I wonder HOW the non weapon confirmation will be accomplished, because if they DON'T, it never happened.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'm sure another war is THE LAST thing anyone wants to see ,who actually GOES to fight in them.
I wonder HOW the non weapon confirmation will be accomplished, because if they DON'T, it never happened.

If there is a war, I certainly hope every armchair general on here in the US gets drafted to fight for their "cause".

I also hope that the war is brought to the politicians who instigate it. To their door step.

edit on 1-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I never said it was easy, I just said a lot of information on it is there. You don't have to do the "science" of discovery behind it, just perform the process. The discovery part has already been done.

lol, okay sorry

It's the infra structure though not the theoretical knowledge and not even just the fissionable material, and parts are highly monitored, I don't know how sophisticated Iran's manufacturing and particularly electronics manufacturing base is because they can't really export squat and sophisticated Industry has to be pretty low. My guess is even with the fissionable material available they would have to outsource some things and given the sorts of characters watching them they would be found out prior to having a bomb... So in essence i'm agreeing Netanyahu is a little paranoid...

At least until the sanctions drop

But honestly, what the hell will Iran do with it anyway, being a Martyr is useless if no one is left standing for your cause so I see the whole thing as a ruse to get the sanctions lifted anyway

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

They are not the ones you worry about, THEY only fight the wars.
Its the ones who get the money:it's an old saying but ALWAYS follow the money if you want to catch the bad guys.
I HIGHLY doubt any serious officer WANTS to fight the other country THAT would be a politician.
Most officers are only concerned that they CAN fight the other country because they want to win.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

lol, okay sorry

It's the infra structure though not the theoretical knowledge and not even just the fissionable material, and parts are highly monitored, I don't know how sophisticated Iran's manufacturing and particularly electronics manufacturing base is because they can't really export squat and sophisticated Industry has to be pretty low. My guess is even with the fissionable material available they would have to outsource some things and given the sorts of characters watching them they would be found out prior to having a bomb... So in essence i'm agreeing Netanyahu is a little paranoid...

At least until the sanctions drop

But honestly, what the hell will Iran do with it anyway, being a Martyr is useless if no one is left standing for your cause so I see the whole thing as a ruse to get the sanctions lifted anyway

www.washingtonpost.com...

Last I heard its for 1) cleaner power (doesn't matter if they can just put a pipe in the ground and pump oil), and 2) medical uses.

They signed up to the NPT anyway (unlike Israel) and have they breached the NPT (unlike the US and UK with their MDA and Tridents)?

I am not afraid of Iran, I am more afraid of my own police/military/politicians.

If anybody in the ME wants to blow themselves up, let em. We shouldn't be sticking our noses into other peoples business. If Israel has a problem with their neighbours, that is their problems, let them sort it out themselves, American intervening just seems to PROLONG the issue (for big profits - last I read ISIS has the potential to cost OVER $100 billion, that's a very lucrative business).

edit on 1-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Meh,

Be careful what you wish for, with righteous indignation America could field a ridiculous Army, given our capacities in manufacturing and the fact that we could use to re up our base industry anyway we'd be scary as hell if truly every threatened.

We do what we do now with a Lazy population, not 20 Million people ablaze for revenge and the capacity to build literally robot armies lol, look at how many cars we produce a year, apply it to drones...

If you hate America and our politicians, be happy the population is so apathetic and they can only push it "so far" because of things ranging from bureaucracy to sheer lack of will.

Be realistic, 9-11, for all intents and purposes part insurance scam, part set up for oil, part... who knows what? Caused the last 15 years, Millions dies in the Middle East either from warfare or the reverberations in the region afterwards, people are still dying in droves everyday. An America under legitimate threat would be the scariest thing imaginable in this world.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah... I think Netanyahu is bad for Israel, scared people like a Hawk but the manner they should handle it is the way South Korea handles the North, laugh at the Ayatollah, Yahu is damaging Israels credibility with the paranoia, the reality is the Nuclear Djinn has been out of the bottle a long time, Israels problem is it's too small to survive any kind of terrorist attack and in fairness aside from a few mini oil states is the most vulnerable to a terrorist attack of this nature, what it has going for it is simply the fact that if one is used whoever let it be built wont exist for long either way. We can tell whose material was used after a blast for the most part. That's all anyone really has in a world in which these things exist, If Israels concern is the issue of it's size and ability to defend against such an attack it should have taken a large swath of the region 2 decades ago...

In the meantime, they told me in school that if I put my head under the desk between my legs it would all be okay and that's the way I had to grow up too because of this sort of stupidity.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yeah... I think Netanyahu is bad for Israel

Netanyahu bad for Israel? Strange assumption there. Israel undrer him is doing very nicely, the economy is booming, terrorism is virtually cured thanks to the wall, while its enemies in the region are killing themselves in crazed civil strife the so called Arab Spring. They vote for Bibi because life is better with him in charge. Israelis under Bibi have never had it so good

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit
Iran has, and has had for quite some time, the capabilities to produce weapons on par, or better, than Little Boy using the same design.

High-tech it is not. 15 kt, or better, of destruction it is.

More than sufficient for attacking enemies, if that was their will.

Even at 1/4 size (light enough to fit in a Shahab 1/2), the improvements (thanks to having all the theory already figured and taught to them) would probably give them somewhere around 5-7kt strike capability in a 750 km radius....since the late 80's.

Today, in a Shahab 3, they would have a 1,200-1,900km radius.

There is nothing in the construction of a gun-type fission weapon that Iran is not already capable of producing.

As for electronics, all of the missiles listed have more advanced electronics than a basic gun-type nuke, and Iran has been producing them for years.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: criticalhit
Iran has, and has had for quite some time, the capabilities to produce weapons on par, or better, than Little Boy using the same design.

High-tech it is not. 15 kt, or better, of destruction it is.

More than sufficient for attacking enemies, if that was their will.

Even at 1/4 size (light enough to fit in a Shahab 1/2), the improvements (thanks to having all the theory already figured and taught to them) would probably give them somewhere around 5-7kt strike capability in a 750 km radius....since the late 80's.

Today, in a Shahab 3, they would have a 1,200-1,900km radius.

There is nothing in the construction of a gun-type fission weapon that Iran is not already capable of producing.

As for electronics, all of the missiles listed have more advanced electronics than a basic gun-type nuke, and Iran has been producing them for years.

Nooooo stop with all this logic!

Your ruining the warmongers fantasy world!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Did this deal require the release of Saeed Abedini and any other Americans held prisoner in Iran?

If it didn't, it can go as another failure to the Obama administration including John Kerry.

That would be a bad idea. One of the important parts of a negotiation is to manage the scope of the negotiation. If one side starts asking for the release of prisoners, then the other side will as well. From there another thing is asked for, and before you know it each side is turning a deal about one specific issue into a policy document that has to do with every issue. That leads to poor negotiations.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The challenge in creating a nuclear weapon isn't in the design of the nuclear bomb. It's in the delivery mechanism, and the obtaining of the nuclear material.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

3. If you had any idea of my positions against the US on this board over the last 10yrs youd realise how wrong you are .

I can vouch for that.

Being fair and balanced is not a popular way to go these days. Being divisive is the new norm.

If fair and balanced means agreeing with Israel and USA on everything, I will take divisive every time, and many are moving this way, and will never go back.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

If fair and balanced means agreeing with Israel and USA on everything, I will take divisive every time, and many are moving this way, and will never go back.

So you would allow your issues with the US and Israel to lead you to a possible wrong decision and that's justified simply because you don't like either?

** NSFW - LANGUAGE ** Iran and its nuclear program

edit on 1-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Yeah... I think Netanyahu is bad for Israel

Netanyahu bad for Israel? Strange assumption there. Israel undrer him is doing very nicely, the economy is booming, terrorism is virtually cured thanks to the wall, while its enemies in the region are killing themselves in crazed civil strife the so called Arab Spring. They vote for Bibi because life is better with him in charge. Israelis under Bibi have never had it so good

Yeah, I also honestly think that in many ways Obama has done a bang up job with the mess he was left, Economically, Socially...

(and this is of course for hypothetical comparison) But what the heck good is all that if there was ONE area that led to a Catastrophe like pushing the Russians buttons a bit too far or the "pivot to Asia" went horribly awry?

All of the good he's done in other arenas is gone overnight if the world sanctions Israel

I agree with every word you say with one exception... Right or Wrong his actions over the Summer created a situation in which a lot, a lot of forces in the world political and otherwise have a hard on for Israel now... and in that case... He needed to step down, attacks on Jews worldwide are at an all time high, even in the States.

The bottom line is whatever Hamas tried to do to Israel they failed miserably, the consensus of much of the world is the retaliation wasn't called for... now certainly I can make the argument for Bibi, I wouldn't want Tunnels going under my House, but overall Politically and Globally there is a lot of anger... Yahus not going for reelection would have removed a lot of it, allowed for a lot of political reboots, a new face would really help and, maybe whomever it is wouldn't be so great at economics or whatever BUT this is all more serious.

Israel is very Isolated, the economy will suck no matter who is in charge if sanctions come, negotiations wont come fresh with his face in there to a lot of governments now

He stood up, he did what he had to do, I wont take a right or wrong stance because no one can predict the future or what coulda, woulda... I'm just saying it's not healing with him in office, Israel has survived with many, many leaders, there is a time for action and then a time to calm after the storm he's not going to do well at that.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

LOL

I don't know, the consensus of much of the world including my own country says what this person is saying is untrue... he's making a post claiming Iran has had a Nuclear capacity equal to bombs the likes of a

5-7kt strike capability in a 750 km radius....since the late 80's."

The "experts" say this is totally not the case.

I'd personally be the first guy to be willing to say "the experts never seem to know squat" lol... so for all I know he could be right, I have my doubts but you know.... I'll let you know when I don my ninja gear sneak into Iran and poke around a bit because that's the only way i'll ever know for sure (and i'm a terrible Ninja) also hate the desert so likely I can never say for sure lol

IF, IF however this is the case... Then my presumption as a person (I'm jewish btw) That Netanyahu is totally over blowing the Iranian threat would be correct. Because as I have said "I'm a terrible Ninja" and IF I had access to a Bomb that could fit in a Van in the 5-7 K range and a State sponsored me to get it to Palestine with a 30 year window to get the job done and there were tunnels under the country, Israel wouldn't be there right now for all intents and purposes (if I was a hell bent terrorist of course which i'm most certainly not)

Ergo, if he is correct, Iran isn't trying to "wipe Israel off the map" or he's utterly wrong one or the other as I see it. I simply don't know and try to avoid saying things with absolutes like "for sure they have had_____ since the date of X" because obviously no one here "knows" Again with certainty IF what he is saying is true the Iranians obviously aren't as "nutty" as people claim they are and maybe Yahu is...

I DO KNOW that if a 5-7 K Nuke goes off under Tel Aviv or over it, for all intents and purposes there is no more Israel

I also know, Obama, and Yahu and a lot of other people are making a really, really BIG DEAL over Iran SOON being able to acquire Nukes and it's really, really, really hard for me to believe that French, American, Israeli and British secret service would NOT know what the previous poster apparently has first hand knowledge of lol... That the Iranians have had the ability to Nuke Israel even if on the sneak tip... since the 80's so I find that very hard to believe. If that was the case then i'd have to believe that... every damn bit of this is a giant charade. Every Media person has been silence for 30 years, no politicians on the death bed felt like talking etc, etc... and everything is a lie.

personally... I don't think secrets that big can be kept involving that many people

edit on 2-4-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

All of the good he's done in other arenas is gone overnight if the world sanctions Israel

Im sorry but why should the world bend over backwards for Israel?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join