It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To believe something is not to hold a belief.

Believe is a verb. Belief is a noun.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

let me rephrase that: I believe a creator could exist and if it does, I don't believe it will be in the form of a human created faith/religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Autorico
So you believe that a creator exists, (note belief) yet claim to be agnostic?
How do you rationalise that if I may ask?

The meaning of Agnostic means God can not be proven or disproven.

Any legitimate Atheist will also claim Agnostic (agnostic atheist). No legitimate atheist will claim factually there is no God. Because atheists support fact, logic, etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right...

How does that apply to what I said Annee?

The guy said some people "know there is nothing after"...

That is impossible... Unless they're dead...

So how is it not a belief system?

How is Gnostic Atheism not a belief system?

I believe there is something and a creator...

Someone else believes there is nothing and no creator...

Both systems of belief!

That all I said!

I'm not changing words either...

Gnostic Atheism is a real identity to some.

Maybe not you, therefore you just lack a belief in God...

Others believe there is no God...

See the nuanced difference?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

All I am sure of is that I am not an atheist and do not hate or believe religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

So you believe that a creator exists, (note belief) yet claim to be agnostic?
How do you rationalise that if I may ask?

The meaning of Agnostic means God can not be proven or disproven.

Any legitimate Atheist will also claim Agnostic (agnostic atheist). No legitimate atheist will claim factually there is no God. Because atheists support fact, logic, etc.

You're now generalising as if all Atheists are rational thinkers...

Which is poppycock.

You're putting all atheists on a pedestal of "we don't know"...

Some do claim to know...
As the person I debated earlier who said believers are "stupid"!

Not all atheists just lack a belief, that's nonsense and I've seen different with my own eyes...

I have family who believe there is no God.

edit on 27-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

Edit: Basically, you don't decide what is a "legitimate atheist"...

You're not that self centred, & I know it!
edit on 27-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

All I am sure of is that I am not an atheist and do not hate or believe religion.

If so, you can also be sure that you're a theist.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They must do this in order to reinforce or strengthen their views. They do this due to a very strong doubt that is like a splinter in the mind which is always there suggesting they are making a big mistake.

If these things they push were true, they would have no need to "sell" their wares, and their position would stand on it's own merit without a need to do this preaching.

People think that if they get people on board with their own self doubt, that when judgment comes, it will be less severe with all those other people cushioning the impact of that judgment.

It is the same for other perverted things that people preach as normal so that finally the world accepts them without persecution.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Played at the very end of the CNN show:

Back in my 20s, this was the song that totally expressed how the real truth - the touch of the divine - had saved me. And it had nothing to do with "Jesus." It was just 'spiritual.'

Jesus is not required to reach the summit.

“There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same”
Chinese Proverbs

And also:

"There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn't matter which path you take.

The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain telling everyone that his or her path is wrong."

edit on 3/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

okie dokie.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
They must do this in order to reinforce or strengthen their views. They do this due to a very strong doubt that is like a splinter in the mind which is always there suggesting they are making a big mistake.

If these things they push were true, they would have no need to "sell" their wares, and their position would stand on it's own merit without a need to do this preaching.

People think that if they get people on board with their own self doubt, that when judgment comes, it will be less severe with all those other people cushioning the impact of that judgment.

It is the same for other perverted things that people preach as normal so that finally the world accepts them without persecution.

You don't think that letting people know that they're not alone is a good enough reason?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you do not hold any belief in a god then that is essentially the descriptive term for an atheist.
It is not a dirty word to describe someone who believes there is no god, just one who does not.
Now if you do not believe in the conventional definition of a god then you are atheist.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

okie dokie.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am a Spiritual Atheist. Yes, there is such a thing.

I believe everything is energy. Not going to go into a long explanation, but I believe energy consciousness creates. Energy is basically the creator.

I believe there was "creation" before us, that the "ancient astronauts" were mistaken for Gods.

You see I do have belief (a belief that to me, is based in science)----- but in no way do I believe in the religious concept of a God.

Center for Spiritual Atheism: www.centerforabetterworld.com...

edit on 27-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

okie dokie.

Why bother to respond if you're not going to say anything?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It is not a dirty word to describe someone who believes there is no god, just one who does not.

Right!

Anti-God and atheist are not the same thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BlueMule

I heard Jerry DeWitt speak live a couple of years ago at a conference. He has a very interesting story to tell about how ostracized he was when he 'came out' as an unbeliever. Bankruptcy, social rejection, the whole nine yards. People who had been his 'congregation' and also his "friends" turned away - it was awful for him....

Oh man that sucks. Poor guy.

I can understand why someone would go from that kind of environment to atheism without exploring any middle-ground first. Or did he? I mean, did his upbringing condition him to think that he has only two choices, atheism or the brand of Christianity he grew up with?

👣

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Letting people know that they are not alone is not about this thread though. This one is about those who don't have a belief, right?
Letting people know that their is a God is the other side of the coin. Since we are here, I will tell you a little secret. Atheist belief takes MORE faith than a belief in God.
A belief in God has tons of history, and people showing that it is true. (Obviously not to the satisfaction of non believers), but the fact that atheist belief takes more faith than believing in God does, is pretty obvious.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Here's his web site:
jerrydewitt.net...

He has a 'church' now (according to the program) that is a Humanist Church....that teaches the actual importance of helping each other and the fallacy of fearing "God."

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There's some great, beautiful Christian artwork out there.

Is it possible for Atheists and Agnostics to paint masterpieces? ha ha ha

Culturally bankrupt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join