It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

"Amen, sister."

LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: MrPlow

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

What do agnostics have to do with this?
Do you know what agnosticism means?

In this context agnostics are by definition atheists.

The true meaning of Agnostic is: "God can not be proven or disproven".

Technically everyone is Agnostic ---- theist or atheist only determines which way you lean.

Well there are people that think they know one way or another, making them gnostic no?

And as I mentioned, context is key.

People who "think" they can prove God? How?

And don't tell me to go to the nearest maternity ward to look at the babies.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

If every atheist has their own philosophy why don't they just call themselves a philosopher or a human? Why do they cling to the word/label?

Many call themselves a Humanist.

So, it has been done.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

We can't prove anything that's why we constantly throw crap at each other and call others stupid that don't agree with our world views
edit on 27-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

People who "think" they can prove God? How?

And don't tell me to go to the nearest maternity ward to look at the babies.

I was referring to people that claim to know whether or not a god exists, not specifically those that claim to know it can be proven one way or another.

That being said, haven't you even been told to look at the birds and trees as proof of a god?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I heard Jerry DeWitt speak live a couple of years ago at a conference. He has a very interesting story to tell about how ostracized he was when he 'came out' as an unbeliever. Bankruptcy, social rejection, the whole nine yards. People who had been his 'congregation' and also his "friends" turned away - it was awful for him....

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Grimpachi

We can't prove anything that's why we constantly throw crap at each other and call others stupid that don't agree with our world views

Those that make claims have the burden of proof and the best way to do that is to produce evidence.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, you know as well as I do the assumption is that if one is atheist one has no moral or ethical structure.

When, in fact, my ethics and morals are stronger than ever because I know if we humans don't hold a candle to the darkness, nothing will.
edit on 11Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:33:49 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, you know as well as I do the assumption is that if one is atheist one has no moral or ethical structure.

When, in fact, my ethics and morals are stronger than ever because I know if we humans don't hold a candle to the darkness, nothing will.

What about candlesticks?

sorry

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Also, ... as an atheist I have four general categories: known to be true, known to be false, unknown and unknowable.

The last two categories are not by any means empty.

If a god made itself known to me tomorrow, I'd be just as happy as I am with no gods today.

Fact is just fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Candlesticks can't replace and relight the candles when necessary.

And boy howdy, is it necessary these days.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Humanity being what it is, even if God does not exist, i imagine one day we will build or create one to suite our own ends. After all apparently we were created in his image.

Truth be told any and all organised religious orders have been doing this since long before recorded history.

Fact is the belief in an omnipotent being is self serving simply because we want something from it, eternal life being the main contender i imagine.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I never really did understand the need for atheists to push their 'belief' in the non-existence of god/gods.

I think it's to point out the ignorance of those who blindly believe. Someone has to bring common sense to the table.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So, I just finished watching the CNN special and unless it is an ongoing series which nothing I saw or heard alludes to that then there were no Atheists standing in airports preaching non-belief as the OP claimed.

So this was clickbait and should maybe be moved to the LOL, Hoax, or Deconstructing Information forum based off the OP.

The CNN special was pretty interesting IMO so I don't care if it gets moved or not because maybe a few people will watch it.

From the video, I did learn that there is an Atheist TV channel now. I will eventually check it out here is the site you can watch it live on.

Atheist TV

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't think we'll ever be without such superstitions, and I agree it's entirely self serving even if it's just a easy way to explain the unknown or the incomprehensible.

What kind of god can you imagine us making?

Something like a super computer type god?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"What kind of god can you imagine us making?"

I cannot even begin to fathom, but on his homework sheet i imagine it would say "must try harder next time".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I got 15 mins in so far and as a Brit, it's quite an eye opener... i'm not surprised that the atheist student rebelled against his parent's beliefs when he was spending six hours plus at church twice a week. Talk about overkill! Sometimes you just have to stop pushing folk

But it's such a remarkable (for me) reaction from his family - he's largely ostracised by them - "we are talking to a dead person".

I really cant see that Jesus would have behaved that way. Such a familiar pattern. Pretty sh###y parenting really.

edit on 27-3-2015 by skalla because: this keyboard sucks

eta: I suspect the op, in his rage, muddled up the guy at about 10 mins in who is giving out his evil godless leaflets at some venue or other
edit on 27-3-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised?

Thanks for following up on it for us!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

promote that which you instinctively know to be false
a reply to: MysterX

I would say "promote that which you instinctively "think" to be false." I know GOD exists and he suggested to just send you all LOVE. GOD loves you unconditionally, even if you don't believe. I do too.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Which god?

YHVH, Allah, Heavenly Father, El, Adonai, Eloah?

(And those are just the Judeo-Christian-Muslim versions ...)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join