It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It's going to be interesting to see what Arkansas now does, Faux News is getting in on it too with their random Tea Party talking heads calling this a "mob attack" on Christians

This is so typical. Many Christians go on a blatant attack against a group of people, and when that group of people defends itself, the Christians claim that they're the ones being attacked! It's no wonder the "persecuted Christian" threads get so little support.

Christians aren't the only ones who behave this way, but in this case, they are.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Annee

I agree, but that is all they can do, hopefully they will fail, I still don't get why banning same sex marriage has become such a crusade, is starting to look more like percussion than trying to use the religious card and Pence bill is prove of that.

They really believe it is prophesized that homosexuality is an abomination and accepting it is sign of the End Times and going against God's will.

(2 Timothy 3:3)Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age

. . . . “before the Flood people started to write marriage contracts between men, in other words, homosexual ‘marriage,’ which is more than homosexual activity – it’s giving an official state stamp of approval, a sanctification … of homosexual partnership.”

In fact, he said, “the writings indicated that it wasn’t even so much the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back,’ but that the sin in and of itself is so contrary to why God created the world, so contrary to the order of God’s nature, that God said then and there ‘I have to start all over … to annihilate the world and start from the beginning. …’”

Read more at www.wnd.com...

In his booklet, 101 End Times Bible Prophecies Jim Tetlow says,

“Homosexuality would be flaunted at the end of the age. Jesus warned that the last days would be like the days of Lot who lived in wicked Sodom (Luke 17:28-30). We know that the root of Sodom's sin was pride and complacency (Ezekiel 16:49) as it is today. However, Sodom's lasting infamy stemmed from their aggressive homosexual sin (Genesis 19; Jude 1:7). Today, the homosexual agenda is flaunted and forced upon our entire society.”
www.livingwaters.com...

edit on 1-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Success!

Arkansas has halted progress of the bill as it stands, and it's now going back for a rewrite. Interestingly, the Gov has also hinted at an executive order to enshrine equality laws in the state, if I heard him correctly.

Looks like the pressure won out in this instance, for the time being at least. I wonder what they plan to do to this law to make it more palatable?

A decent governor would immediately start working on creating LGBT protection from discrimination in the state, and I think it's inevitable that this will be the end result. If states don't do it the federal government will be forced to do it for them. If they block all attempts to do this, the Republican party will see a massive swing against them, ultimately resulting in the passing of such anyway.

It's fascinating to see so many Americans coming together against this, and ultimately against religious authority and the Republican party in general. There are currently thousands of Republicans across the US probably wondering how they can carry on going against what is CLEAR public opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

America is getting sick of the Christian persecution complex pushed by many right wing Christians.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

America is getting sick of the Christian persecution complex pushed by many right wing Christians.

I certainly hope so.

I'm wearing a T-shirt right now that says: "Does not play well with Stupid people".

That's what I think of Blind Faith - - which is what Extreme Christians are.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh no, no one will actually discriminate against gays and lesbians under IRFRA:

RFRA: First Michiana business to publicly deny same-sex service - ABC News

“We're not discriminating against anyone, that's just our belief and anyone has the right to believe in anything,” says O'Connor.

So, when Governor Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act into law, the family was not disappointed.

“We definitely agree with the bill,” says O'Connor.

So, all you crazy, leftist, liberal, Progressives ... stop hysterically acting like anyone is actually going to use this law to discriminate ... K?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

(2 Timothy 3:3)Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age

Pretty humorous really. We've been in the "End Time", according to Jesus, since John the Baptist. The first Christians MUST have thought that, surely, "THIS IS IT!" when Nero married his husband in great public fanfare! LOL

Whatever was, always will be!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You know I always seen the bible as a book of lore, myth and historical value, but as everything made by man and dictated by what men think is right, it always comes full of bias, restricted mentalities and forbidden passions.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Pretty humorous really. We've been in the "End Time", according to Jesus, since John the Baptist. The first Christians MUST have thought that, surely, "THIS IS IT!" when Nero married his husband in great public fanfare! LOL

Whatever was, always will be!

Pathetic for sure.

I don't care what they believe. I don't care if they think God will destroy the world if they allow LGBT rights.

Not my problem. Idiots.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Why oh, why it always have to be either political, religious or both.

(post by Seamrog removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

“We're not discriminating against anyone, that's just our belief and anyone has the right to believe in anything,” says O'Connor.

I hope this pizza shop gets what they deserve.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
MOD EDIT

The difference being, of course, that you attacked a person, and Annee pointed out the idiocy of a religious belief.
I guess some find it hard to comprehend certain things when it's not in their favor.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Success!

Arkansas has halted progress of the bill as it stands, and it's now going back for a rewrite. Interestingly, the Gov has also hinted at an executive order to enshrine equality laws in the state, if I heard him correctly.

The governor ASKED the legislature to rewrite it. They don't have to. The Republican controlled legislature can send it back to him as is, and if he vetoes it, they can override. So, it's not really success yet.

Besides, MY GUESS is that the changes made wouldn't be worth anything. We'll have to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You left out a few other sinners.

.....for men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemous, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self control,fierce, (my personal favorite) WITHOUT LOVE OF GOODNESS, betrayers, head strong, prideful, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God ......

For me, I interpret "no natural affection" as all fornicators who hop from bed to bed.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
lovers of money

I'm sure all those Republican, Christian millionaires would love for people to ignore all the inconvenient and hypocritical things their Bible demands of them.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Don't forget Proverbs 6 for the only list in the Bible of what their God actually "hates" ...

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Still don't see "gay cake baking" in there.

The rest sounds like a synopsis of the average weekly TV Preacher's sermon.

If I believed what these folks do ... I might be trying to tighten my jib, a bit ...
edit on 13Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:28:34 -050015p012015466 by Gryphon66 because: Snark

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The number of times Pence lied by claiming the Indiana law was no different than the RFRA? A whopping 12 times. (And by the way, who knew that Mike Pence was such a Bill Clinton fan?)

The number of times Pence lied by claiming that his new hate-law wouldn't allow businesses to discriminate against gay people? Coincidentally, 12 times.

And just for fun, how many times did Pence sob about "misunderstandings," "mischaracterizations," "smears" and (my favorite) "perception problems" over the law? They were the big winner at 17 times.
www.dailykos.com...[/ex ]

Oh my goodness!

edit on 1-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess Governor Pence can't do business in Indiana, anymore ...

You know. All those folks who don't want to participate in the sins of others ...

Tsk tsk.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join