It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz' Presidential Bid Is Nothing But a Clever GOP Srategy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Please God no Palin

I wish her and McCain and Bush and the Clintons would all go buy an island somewhere and disappear forever

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: beezzer
Cruz/Palin 2016

(Watches heads explode)

lolz

Oooo. Promise?

I'd LOVE to see that ticket!

That'd make this political season so much FUN!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You don't have to we can tell all we have to do is look at your post history ....I've debated you before We know your ideals are....

So now you are justifying building a strawman about me. Neat.

And if you really believe the things that you just posted those are progressive ideals

Believing science isn't progressive ideals. Pushing things like carbon credits is progressive ideals. Separate the science from the politics dude.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Obviously my sarcasm went over your head. Thanks for patronizing me though.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The global warmist The first to try and denigrate and make anyone a relevant who doesn't subscribe to their religion, and make no mistake it HAS become a religion, because you cannot disagree with anyone who has that viewpoint, without being made out to be an uneducated idiot, or some other slanderous term...

If the shoe fits.

That is all.

The fact that you think it's acceptable to do says alot about your character

I don't like progressive ideals but I know many who are very intelligent individuals

Just because someone doesn't hold the same ideas I do does not make them any less intelligent

But thank you for outing yourself
edit on 3/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

Awe, c'mon!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Not when the man made global warming debate has become a political issue due to progressive bullying and special interests groups looking to cash in

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Great assessment.

I agree 100%

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not when the man made global warming debate has become a political issue due to progressive bullying and special interests groups looking to cash in

You can thank the right wing science deniers for that. Instead of debating solutions, they are holding us up and debating the science (which is sound). It's stupid. I'd rather be debating the merits of carbon credits (I don't like them) or other ideas to fix this problem than arguing about scientific consensus.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Daz3d-n-Confus3d

We all have our faults.
Yes, we do all have our faults.

When you make a generalized statement like you did you are either trying to get a rise from someone, which you did, or you spoke before you really thought about it.

I did? Who did I get a rise from?

Okay - Fair enough.
I'm sorry, but in my opinion Texas' politicians have lost their minds. I know there are decent, thinking individuals there. It's the politicians that baffle me.

And all I can say is 'trust me, I've thought about it long and hard.'

Anyone still denying 'climate change' is delusional.
I have relatives in Texas. A few in Austin, and a few in Houston.
I've visited Texas more than once, and don't have animosity toward the general populace. That being said, I have REAL and SERIOUS problems with the politicians there, and don't understand how they are taken seriously at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can thank the right wing science deniers for that. Instead of debating solutions, they are holding us up and debating the science (which is sound). It's stupid. I'd rather be debating the merits of carbon credits (I don't like them) or other ideas to fix this problem than arguing about scientific consensus.

Very true. Like I posted in another thread, there is no downside to our efforts to mitigate, stop, or slow down global warming itself or the effects. Even if Science is dead wrong, and it isn't, but even if it is, every single thing we do is win win from cheaper energy to less pollution and better drought and hurricane forecasting and management. There really is only one bone of contention and that is Carbon Credits. If that's the case, why do we even argue at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

For "outing" myself? As what? Educated? Literate? Aware?

I have never lied or hidden anything about who I am.

You not only don't understand 'progressive' or 'liberal' or 'green' or 'humanist' or 'anti-theist' or 'responsible' thinking, it is apparently beyond you to even look into those ideologies.

What did I 'out myself' as?

lol
edit on 3/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There's that term "science deniers"

When we all know that science tends to change....remember the Big Bang? Eggs? Cholesterol?

The point is science is very seldom settled and there is plenty of information and people who are accredited that have come out against man made global warming...

So no the science is not settled.

And being that we know science changes you can't call them science deniers

The debate should be about making sure the science is accurate. Because if it's not then all this other bs about carbon credits goes away along w all the other crap lobbyist are trying to push

To deny that science changes kind of makes you a hypocrite
edit on 3/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So, you're saying it was pure coincidence that right after he referred to Galileo as a heretic his next sentence begins "I'm a big believer that we should follow the science, and follow the evidence."

No, he did not say "I am like Galileo." Did you mention the concept of "parsing" earlier?

I'm not interested in what you believe about what I say. Are you claiming that what you're posting here is NOT mere talking points? I have opinions about Cruz; you have opinions about him, and we're both members here at ATS.

Why can't you just make your points and stop the incessant commentary on your opinions about your evaluations on everyone else's political opinions?

Make an argument for your guy and stand by the facts. You know, "follow the evidence" like your hero?

Afraid of Cruz? Yeah. I'm terrified of him.

Why, he may actually displace Rick Perry in last place, and that, would be a tragedy.

Rick so deserves his place in line.

Stop acting like Republicans and Conservatives and Christians aren't just as political as everyone else; frankly it's boring.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

For "outing" myself?

I have never lied or hidden anything about who I am.

You not only don't understand 'progressive' or 'liberal' or 'green' or 'humanist' or 'anti-theist' or 'responsible' thinking, it is apparently beyond you to even look into those ideologies.

What did I 'out myself' as?

lol

Oh I think I do quite well actually.

And to be honest if you can't understand what I was referring to about "outing" yourself then Im honestly not going to waste my time trying to break it down for you

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's exActly what I'm doing and im addressing the absurdness at the character assassination about him

It's not my fault if you don't like what I have to say

And I'll continue to post about it until I either grow weary of the conversation or my appointment shows up

See you at the polls

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

There's that weak science denialism copout again. "Science is always changing therefore this particular science subject that conflicts with my confirmation biases is wrong." You don't refute science with cheap sound bytes. You refute it by finding evidence that shows a different result than what is shown. This is why people say climate science deniers don't understand science, you think weak reasoning like that is good enough to refute scientific journals, articles, and data. It is intellectually insulting.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And to be honest if you can't understand what I was referring to about "outing" yourself then Im honestly not going to waste my time trying to break it down for you

AWESOME!
Thanks, then.
That's a relief.
No need for me to continue. No need for any more conversation between opposing sides.
Way to go

edit on 3/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Character assassination? Good gracious at the drama!!! Did also we threaten all Christians at the same time?

Please. Members post our thoughts and impressions about in a thread obviously intended to draw attention to our thoughts and impressions about Cruz and you come in tossing off-topic and personal attacks on anyone you feel is besmirching your chosen hero's rep ... and then, when that's pointed out to you, you tamp your virtual foot and let us know you'll say whatever whenever however?

Who cares what you say? You indeed can post any thing you like that's not against T&C.

Bravo! I bet you know all the cuss words too, eh?

I was pointing out to you that your posts so far in the thread had been more about your opinions of the other posters here and almost nothing about Teddy's Very Amazing, Astounding and Awesome Points™.

IF that's the way you want to roll dude in defense of Mr. Galileo Cruz, be my guest; I have the option of skipping your screed.

Best,

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You refute it by finding evidence that shows a different result than what is shown.

Which has been done ad nauseum by many many Scientist and Studies......all one needs to do is a damn google search...

Yet those studies are swept under the rug, thrown out as heresy against the popular belief system, and its authors are disparaged into obscurity losing their livelihoods...

Tell me, if the science is settled, then why are so many who dont tow the line punished so hard for their viewpoints? Since when does "Science" TRUE science say, that if you have data that shows something different you destroy the person that presented it?

Really hard to combat popular theory when those who present it are made a target...and dont say it doesnt happen

because honestly if your rebuttal is that anyting ive said is un true, then you have NOT done your research on this subject...

Cruise is Right, the science is not settled, and there should be continued investigation on the science , to make sure its sound before ANYONE tries to pass ANYTHING to cost people more money.....

Now, I have money to make
have a great day

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join