It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz' Presidential Bid Is Nothing But a Clever GOP Srategy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't like his views on how he thinks science works and it troubles me to think that he is in charge of policy that is directly influenced by scientific consensus.

That's because science was dreamed up by Satan to fool mankind. So we need to get rid of science.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

C'mon man! If whoever is pulling the strings for the GOP was "clever" they would have won by a land slide in the last two POTUS elections. It's like they aren't even trying.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have yet to hear a single candidate claim anything but support for the US Constitution.

Saying that Cruz is a "constitutionalist" is equivalent to saying he's breathing, in my opinion.

(I assume he's still breathing, has anyone checked?)

All you have to do is listen to Mr. Cruz on any topic for about 3 minutes and make your own call; to me, he is an rampant egomaniac. He's not even trying to hide it in anyway. Whatever your take, you'll be certain of it in a few minutes, I'll give him that.

Ted listens to Ted (or God, which are probably the same thing in his head).

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Only 20 more months of this BS.

Shoot me now, please!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What extreme stances are those? If thats what you think, then I have to say you probably dont have your finger on the pulse of conservative, constitution loving america.....

I am an independent.

Political parties label us as the swing vote. I assure you Cruz is viewed as an extremist by many of us.

If im wrong end of this year, i give you my word to come back and issue a full rebuttal!

That is good of you, but it isn't necessary. Just think of my words as a look at the pulse that decides.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They don't exist to provide jobs.

Then who is supposed to?
No one?

You don't get to have it both ways. If no one has jobs, no one can buy the products/services that these profit-machines offer. You want tiny government AND no welfare for those in need. You also want corporations to be considered 'people' AND have no responsibility toward their employees. You don't want people having a living wage, and you don't want people who have enough money to pay taxes.

Idiotic.

edit on 3/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am an independent.

Political parties label us as the swing vote. I assure you Cruz is viewed as an extremist by many of us.

Im independent too, and I know a lot of independents , so I dunno what people youre referring too, but none of the many many that I know consider him an extremist......

Again what views does he have that are considered extremist....youve yet to really nail that down

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like I said before, being a Republican, States' Rights and the Constitution only matter when it is Democrats trying to infringe on them. It's always justified when Republicans do it. Just look at the Patriot Act. Justified.

edit on 25-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I have yet to hear a single candidate claim anything but support for the US Constitution.

Saying that Cruz is a "constitutionalist" is equivalent to saying he's breathing, in my opinion.

(I assume he's still breathing, has anyone checked?)

All you have to do is listen to Mr. Cruz on any topic for about 3 minutes and make your own call; to me, he is an rampant egomaniac. He's not even trying to hide it in anyway. Whatever your take, you'll be certain of it in a few minutes, I'll give him that.

Ego maniac? Have you listen to our current president lately ? now THATS an ego maniac...

I would be interested in just where you feel like hes coming across as an ego maniac, because Ive listened to a lot of his engagements and speeches and ive yet to see him come off that way at all....

Is it because hes religious you dont like him? cause that seems to be the main argument about Cruz....

People really cant nail it down so they say "Oh well hes a Christian" but mind you they dont say it EXACTLY like that....

Which is funny because many of them are the same people that were saying "So what if Obama is a muslim, should his religion matter?" Keep in mind I dont think he is, but still, the argument was that it doesnt matter.....

So why does it matter now

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is it too late for Condoleezza Rice to throw her hat in the ring? I'd love to see a Condee vs Hillary ticket!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Like I said before, being a Republican, States' Rights and the Constitution only matter when it is Democrats trying to infringe on them. It's always justified when Republicans do it. Just look at the Patriot Act. Justified.

Patriot act was passed bipartisan.......nearly unanimously by both Dems and Repubs....try again

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's not about being JUST a Christian. He appears to belong in the strong science denialism camp of fundamentalist Christianity. Every president we've ever had has been a Christian. Not voting for someone because they are Christian is throwing your vote away. But Cruz is a different animal when it comes to Christian belief. The last time a Christian nut took office, he said it was time for a new Crusade and we screwed up most of the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Patriot act was passed bipartisan.......nearly unanimously by both Dems and Repubs....try again

Yes and bipartisan support means that Republicans voted for it no? This isn't a conversation about the Democrats. They have their own hypocrisies that I can mention. This conversation is about the Republicans and their behaviors, so don't try to distract the argument with red herrings about them.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If the current President were an ego-maniac, that would be even more reason not to elect another one, no?

As to the religious thing, two disclaimers: The last person I voted for is a professed Christian, and, there's no way an openly non-theist person could become President in this country.

In fact, the last four candidates I voted for were Christians. Can't throw a rock in this country without hitting one.

To answer your question as best and as honestly as I can, it's not so much what he says, but how he says things. My sense is that his statements are so clear to him in his own reality that it doesn't even OCCUR to him how they sound, sometimes, to others.

The oddest and most paradoxical thing to me is ... he's obviously quite bright. In fact, he may be "too" bright.

He's learned to rely on his own perceptions and judgement. Which is wonderful if he's right.

If not ...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Whats so insane about Cruz?

You have to admit some of the things he has been saying is pretty crazy here's a few.
George Soros leads a global conspiracy to abolish the game of golf.
Islamic law threatens the United States.
Obama wanted immigration reform to fail so he can campaign on it in 2016. (Obama can't run in 2016)
George W Bush led an assault on Texas sovereignty.
Communist have infiltrated Harvard Law School.

Hes finished first in his class at both Harvard and Princeton.......

Just because you have book sense in no way means he has common sense. Also seeing how he couldn't finish something as simple as Green Eggs and Ham I would have to ask what kind of people were going to Harvard and Princeton while he went there.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes passed in the middle of the night with no one even having the time to read it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

God HELP US if his stupid speeches become synonymous with "TedTalks."

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

but none of the many many that I know consider him an extremist......

Yeah, well - you're in Texas.
A whole 'nuther country. Please, secede. We won't miss you.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh great another person who hates people because they are in or part of a certain group, or state in this situation.

Back on topic. If Ted Cruz is on the ballot and you don't vote for him, does that make you a racist?
Seems I was told that several hundred times when I refused to vote for Obama.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daz3d-n-Confus3d
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh great another person who hates people because they are in or part of a certain group, or state in this situation.

Back on topic. If Ted Cruz is on the ballot and you don't vote for him, does that make you a racist?
Seems I was told that several hundred times when I refused to vote for Obama.

Was your decision NOT to vote for Obama a RACIST action?

You're the only one who can decide that for yourself.

Tell other people to go blow bubbles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join