It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz' Presidential Bid Is Nothing But a Clever GOP Srategy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Oh great another person who hates people because they are in or part of a certain group, or state in this situation.

Hey!
Texas politicans were threatening to do that several years ago. I had no objection then, and I don't now. People are still free to move to another state in this country. Just like people in Kansas are deciding to leave.

Are you new?

I don't hate 'people' because they are in a certain group or location. I hate the idiocy that binds them to idiotic logic.

I have a beloved nephew and his wife and my grand-nephews in Texas. They are cool people. The politicians there, however, are a national embarrassment.

edit on 3/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Lets see:

He compared himself to Galileo and called those who believe in climate change ‘Flat-Earthers’. He wants to slash corporate tax by 15% his immigration policy seems to be "build a wall" he is against net neutrality he wants to set strict abortion limits.
He claims that regular old hormonal birth control women have taken, including 98 percent of the Catholic women who have, at some point causes abortion. Not talking just about emergency contraception but regular birth control. He would allow states that oppose gay marriage to not recognize gay couples who were married in other states. He wants to end current nuclear talks concerning Iran and looks like he will be a yes man for Israel.

He is a broken record on repealing ACA and I am sure that is just to garner him support because he isn't dumb and he would have to be an idiot to think there is any chance of that after it has been tried 52 times.

There is nothing about him that speaks to compromise on any issue and yes that is extreme.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've been saying for a couple of years now... Cruz will run and he will win, and I really don't think he's concerned with what any of you libtards think about him.

And call me crazy, but i think he should choose Palin as his running mate. That would pretty much seal the deal.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And call me crazy, but i think he should choose Palin as his running mate. That would pretty much seal the deal.

You're crazy.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The politicians there, however, are a national embarrassment.

Yeah especially that mayor in Houston.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I didn't vote for Obama because I saw through his rhetoric immediately. Just like I see through Cruz' rhetoric.
edit on 25-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's not about being JUST a Christian. He appears to belong in the strong science denialism camp of fundamentalist Christianity. Every president we've ever had has been a Christian. Not voting for someone because they are Christian is throwing your vote away. But Cruz is a different animal when it comes to Christian belief. The last time a Christian nut took office, he said it was time for a new Crusade and we screwed up most of the Middle East.

So because he doesn't buy into the "man-made global warming " hook line and sinker her, that's being shoved down everyone's throat that makes him a science denier?
I don't buy into it, that doesn't mean I don't want to take care of the earth and it also doesn't mean that I don't love science or believe in its merits...

So you're saying that because he's Christian and doesn't believe in the "religion" that is global warming alarmists, then you are going to place a label on him and that makes his religion dangerous?
Do you not see the hypocrisy in labeling someone because they don't put all of their stock into Global warmest ideology?
Let's not forget the fact that science is changing every day, and every day new theories are being proven wrong, accusing someone of being cautious to jump on board a bandwagon when it could be wrong of being a science denier, while looking at the recent history of events is outrageous....

It seems to me all the ones that are trying to run him down and pigeonhole him because of that, are doing the same thing they say he will do, yet he hasn't, and many of you ARE...

The global warmist The first to try and denigrate and make anyone a relevant who doesn't subscribe to their religion, and make no mistake it HAS become a religion, because you cannot disagree with anyone who has that viewpoint, without being made out to be an uneducated idiot, or some other slanderous term...

Because to those in that camp, there is no such thing as being able to disagree without denigrating the other person....

So in essence, you're afraid that Cruz. is going to do the same thing that the "science "people are already doing to him.

......I think you see where this is going...
edit on 3/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

First of all I would love to see your sources on the stuff… Because it looks like a lot of what you're saying has been taken way out of context

Yeah I was right

"Today the global warming alarmists are the equivalent of the flat-Earthers," Cruz said. "You know it used to be it is accepted scientific wisdom the Earth is flat, and this heretic named Galileo was branded a denier."

Because people are labeling him because he doesnt subscribe to the doctrine.....like they labeled Galileo a heretic....really? you cant parse that?

Second what's wrong with smaller government?

*GASP* he's for states rights?! HERESY!

Third A huge majority of conservatives See through net neutrality...

Everything that you're saying here are things that you don't like but that's because you're a liberal….He's not trying to win you over he's trying to defeat you

Of course he's against the affordable care act if you haven't done enough research to figure out WHY you should be against It then you probably don't understand his viewpoint... however most conservatives have and if you look at the numbers, the premiums and how much LESS the coverage is, you should be against it too!

I say it's about damn time we put the breaks in this progressive freight train that's running America and our system off the cliff

Down w the establishment GOP and down w Progressivism

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So because he doesn't buy into the "man-made global warming " hook line and sinker her, that's being shoved down everyone's throat that makes him a science denier?

Yes. It does, because that is what you have to do to disbelieve man made climate change.

I don't buy into it, that doesn't mean I don't want to take care of the earth and it also doesn't mean that I don't love science or believe in its merits...

Cool. Good thing you aren't running for President, because it is hard to justify you want to take care of the planet if you don't agree with what is killing it.

So you're saying that because he's Christian and doesn't believe in the "religion" that is global warming alarmists, then you are going to place a label on him and that makes his religion dangerous?

I feel like I just answered this question with less hyperbole... Oh wait I did. And stop bringing up him being Christian. I already said that him being Christian has nothing to do with it.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in labeling someone because they don't put all of their stock into Global warmest ideology?

Um... He denies more science than JUST climate change you know. He launched his campaign at a Creationist college for crying out loud. Oh yes, the article mentions that he has no stated position on this issue, but come on. REALLY?

Let's not forget the fact that science is changing every day, and every day new theories are being proven wrong, accusing someone of being cautious to jump on board a bandwagon when it could be wrong of being a science denier, while looking at the recent history of events is outrageous....

This is the standard cop out argument to deny science that people don't agree with. "Well it changes all the time so I don't have to believe this theory." As if that gives you carte blanche to just dismiss all the evidence that confirms the theory.

It seems to me all the ones that are trying to run him down and pigeonhole him because of that, are doing the same thing they say he will do, yet he hasn't, and many of you ARE...

The global warmist The first to try and denigrate and make anyone a relevant who doesn't subscribe to their religion, and make no mistake it HAS become a religion, because you cannot disagree with anyone who has that viewpoint, without being made out to be an uneducated idiot, or some other slanderous term...

Well when the rebuttal arguments aren't based in science and show a clear misunderstanding of it and how it is performed, then there is nothing else to call you.

Because to those in that camp, there is no such thing as being able to disagree without denigrating the other person....

So in essence, you're afraid that Cruz. is going to do the same thing that the "science "people are already doing to him.

......I think you see where this is going...

You DO realize that this is like one of the only countries in the world that this debate is actually occurring? Just about every other country has already moved beyond it and is looking for solutions already.

By the way, the only thing I'M going to do to Ted Cruz is not vote for him. That's all I can do.
edit on 25-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If the shoe fits.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yeah....OK. Label me a liberal why don't you.lol

I am not going to stoop to your level.

And to think I retracted calling you out for blatantly lying yesterday.

I see you are also trying to build a strawman. Not once have I said I was for or against the ACA, but I did say it takes an idiot to think it can be repealed at this point.

Since you can't address what I did say I have better things to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The difference in Cruz and Galileo is that Galileo made discoveries based on EVIDENCE that helped change the way we look at the world.

He did NOT simply DENY that the Earth was flat; he showed WHY the earth is spherical (or ovoid) and why it could not be the center of the universe.

The comparison between Galileo and Cruz is absurd. Whoever makes it. However it is made.

edit on 15Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:26:12 -050015p032015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm amazed you just proved everything that I put in that post as accurate with your pathetic attempt at a rebuttal

Just because you don't subscribe to global warming doesn't make you a science denier it means that you don't believe that particular set of science

Again you when your ilk are trying to pigeonhole him making you worse than what you accuse him of being

As to the rest the post there's really nothing else left to respond you've proven my point nicely thank you

You progressives sure get angry and slanderous when people won't buy your bill of goods don't u

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cruz/Palin 2016

(Watches heads explode)

lolz

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Am I new?
See date. I don't post often anymore because of all the trolls and rude people, but I have been here for a very long time.

There is no more idiocy in this state than there is in any other. We all have our faults. When you make a generalized statement like you did you are either trying to get a rise from someone, which you did, or you spoke before you really thought about it.
There is enough generalizations in the world already. All Americans aren't fat and lazy. All Russians aren't drunken losers. All Muslims are not terrorists. That is all I was saying.

edit on 25-3-2015 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2015 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: Felt like it

link   

I'm not a progressive. So who's being slanderous now? In fact, I haven't once mentioned my political affiliation in this thread.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Cruz/Palin 2016

(Watches heads explode)

lolz

Oooo. Promise?

I'd LOVE to see that ticket!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Again he wasnt. Making himself out to be Galileo he was drawn the correlation that Galileo bucked the common ideology at the time and was accused of being a heretic for it

I don't believe for one second that you don't understand what he was trying to say…… But I do believe that you just try to use it as a talking point and is another method to try to minimalize and downplay who he is…

Because let's be honest you guys are scared of this guy you know you can when he's intelligent and he's a damn good debater and he has the ear of the true conservatives and even more of the independent base are starting to look at him

He knows full well that the smear campaigns going to be going out full force I look forward to seeing him in the debates tearing you guys apart

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Rhetoric is only indirectly related to what someone else actually says or does, Krazy ...

Or should I say "mere rhetoric ..."

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You don't have to we can tell all we have to do is look at your post history ....I've debated you before We know your ideals are....

And if you really believe the things that you just posted those are progressive ideals

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join