It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe in ghosts? Watch this spooky interaction with mother and daughter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First time I watched I thought it looked genuine enough but then I read the whole thread and watched again in full screen and it definitely looks as though the daughter is reading something on the screen in front of her. It also seems as if she's prompted by her mum when she says "ok" and the daughter slips forwards on her lap and begins reading. I don't know what age children in the USA start reading but here in England it would be quite believable for a 4 year old to read those words out loud especially after some practice. The first prompt from mum seems to come earlier when she asks if her daughter remembers her grandmother. It just didn't seem quite in context with the conversation and it seems like she was steering it to be about her grandmother.

I'm a believer and had many experiences myself. Maybe my first impressions were real and it's just having read the thread that's made me doubt but I think it's the other way round and I wanted to believe it the first time. I've watched it several times in full screen and it just doesn't seem quite right but there's plenty of people out there that wouldn't believe my experiences either so who knows!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

originally posted by: ChristianJihad
Well spotted, this hoaxter should be totally ashamed of herself for using her own child to produce a hoax in order to get money. Borderline child abuse IMHO

Sorry I must have missed the bit where the mother is touting for money, any chance you could direct me to any links where she is asking for money?

She's in the entertainment business. Of course she's out to make money. Someone posted this link before.

www.bridgeandtunnelentertainment.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Maya00a

Then I hope you read the thread up to where Sled discovered the flash of light behind the kid's head. (that all rhymed unintentionally)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That means nothing. Michael Shermer is a professional skeptic. He owns Skeptic Magazine, so the same logic could be applied to him. Poo poo on paranormal for money. But then again, I poo pooed on Daryl Anka for pretending to be a 500 year old entity from the future. He comes from an entire family in the entertainment business. But this woman is no Daryl Anka, just a promoter for other people.

And you're omitting an important fact in your theory. It would mean the little girl is an actor. Reading is one thing, but to read and stay in character means acting. One major oversight to those who think she's reading a script.

edit on 1-4-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
I found this mother and child ghost video.
Really spooky.......!

This doesn't seem faked to me but I do feel the video in the OP is staged.

I`ve changed my opinion on the video in the OP.
I`m think it`s not staged now.
After watching it a few times again, i don`t think that kid is acting and i don`t think she`s reading off anything. I think they are both looking at themselves on the screen that`s filing them.
Plus an earlier member mentioned the orb just before she says the grandmother is there and i find that really weird. It seems to go in or near her ear.
Maybe i`m losing the plot but........
Anyway i still think the one i posted above is genuine !

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Glad you've come around. It's easy to be dissuaded here sometimes when others flock in with their two cents against. But that orb deserves a thread of its own and pretty much makes this a bonafide paranormal event.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can somebody please get a screenshot of the orb or give a bit more detail about where in the frame it is? Is it at exactly 3:18?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwsmith
Can somebody please get a screenshot of the orb or give a bit more detail about where in the frame it is? Is it at exactly 3:18?

Yes, exactly at 3:18. It happens fast so you have to really pay attention. Pay attention to the wall between and behind their heads.
My computer won't allow me to take screen shots, or I would post it for you.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: FlySolo

Also, publicity is her bread and butter:

Shes has a pretty good reason for wanting to draw attention towards herself.

Wow, spot on! Seriously why do these things always turn out to be bogus. There was something similar to this recently and it tuned out she had an agent and everything. Thanks for clearing this up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewWorldDisorder

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Also, publicity is her bread and butter:

Shes has a pretty good reason for wanting to draw attention towards herself.

Wow, spot on! Seriously why do these things always turn out to be bogus. There was something similar to this recently and it tuned out she had an agent and everything. Thanks for clearing this up.

Cleared what up? That a member who's already naturally suspicious of everything points out she's a PR rep? What about the flash of light behind their heads? I fail to see how anything is cleared up exactly.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

That's her hair.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

that's not it

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes that is it. There is no other flash other than that.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's better. it's quick, like 100th of a sec. Kid's head tilts, pauses, then flash. Where did you snag that? It seems the OP video is gone

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The video is still up on Youtube for me?

My opinion it's her hair. I do believe in ghosts and orbs though.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

not here to change your mind but...she pauses her head before the flash.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

After reviewing it does seem that if that was a strand of hair it would be sticking out that far and up.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow, the mom is so surprised and shocked that she has to keep looking directly at the camera to record her surprise and shock.
Nice editing at the end to make sure she leaves everyone wondering.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

well idk. hair absorbs light, not reflect it. And the timing of it being a weird phenomenon at that moment makes it all the more interesting. Funny you don't see that being a non skeptic as you said.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join