It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe in ghosts? Watch this spooky interaction with mother and daughter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I agree100% Most kids can't even smile when asked to on que for a photo. You see those crazy lopsided smiles on school photos all the time. And yes the child was very distracted by something over to the left of her mother during the whole thing. She seemed sort of released to finally tell mom what was going on because she looked a bit confused about what was going on and was asking questions to clarify the experience she was having. She also was not frightened at all which has been my experience too. When it's family you just aaccept them and know you don't need to be scared.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Watched it and still totally convinced there's no such thing as ghosts. Oh, how easy it is for people to read into things they want to believe in.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe in our cute ol Grans looking after loved ones ( from my own experience) but this is odd, why cut the video there at that point?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

That's fine. It's all your perspective and you can't validate something you've never experienced. Maybe some day you will. Who knows.
Oh and by the way, this is not something I want to believe in. It's 100% the truth.
edit on 3242015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I know it's a couple of pages down the line, but after watching the video, I decided to reach into my pocket and throw in my 2 cents.

I want to say before I do that I do believe in spirits, I can sense them. Sometimes I can even see them, but most of the time it's always in my peripheral vision. I have seen some in crystal clear detail, if only for a split moment. I've also known many people who can see them better than I can. One girl I dated was this way, and I knew she was for real when she saw a ghost in my grandma's house. It was my grandpa, and I never once told her about him. So for her to have seen him, as well as describe his appearance/demeanor, there's no way I can doubt her.

Whenever I watch any videos like this, I always go in with an open mind. Why? Because I want to see more proof of what I already believe. I want to get proof to show to people who don't believe. Some to rub it into their faces, others to just help expand their minds.

With that said, I believe this lady staged the video. The first thing I noticed was her eyes. There are certain people I've met who have a weird look in their eyes, like they're not fully there. I don't know quite what it is, but it gives me a bad feeling, like you can't trust them. Now that's just my perception, others may not agree with that. But that's my first flag to be wary of the video.

Now when the video ended, I just didn't buy the look of shock on the mother's face. Throughout the whole video, she's showing on a regular basis that she's good at making over-exaggerated faces. Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time.
But I have to agree with IShotMyLastMuse on this one, I can't believe she stared straight at the camera at that moment. Any person who truly went through something like that would actually stare at the person talking, not the camera. The camera isn't the one giving you shocking news, the daughter is. So I just don't buy it.

Then add to that the fact that her website has this in big letters: "Jaime Primak Sullivan is one of the most influential forces in the entertainment industry today."

I'm sorry, I just don't believe it, and this is coming from someone that wants to.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

That's fine. It's all your perspective and you can't validate something you've never experienced. Maybe some day you will. Who knows.
Oh and by the way, this is not something I want to believe in. It's 100% the truth.

Naw, to say it's 100% the truth would mean that something has happened to make it universally accepted by the populace at least.

John Edwards, better known as The Biggest Douche in the Universe, (South Park) has been debunked time and time again as a cold reader. www.csicop.org...

Seeing sparkling lights is a fairly common phenomena known as Photopsia: en.wikipedia.org...

Children have the most vivid imaginations, this is true. But, even adults are prone to thinking they saw something that isn't there. And sensations of a presence nearby, well, all kinds of reasons for that.
www.cracked.com...
modernnotion.com...

But, as you mentioned, it's all your perspective and you cannot validate what you've experienced. There was a time I thought I "experienced" things too, but nope.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
When someone says something that shock you, wouldn't YOU look at the person?

Not when you wanted to make sure the camera caught your "shocked" expression.....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
Throughout the whole video, she's showing on a regular basis that she's good at making over-exaggerated faces.

Not one to buy into ghosts myself, but I think the explanation for that is clear: they were both watching themselves in the video window in the monitor. Just having fun together, essentially looking at a digital mirror.
edit on 24-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

And that is the "Dunn Du Dunn Dunn!" right there. I agree with those who felt this was staged, to me it was obvious.

But I freely admit I am jaded after decades of dealing with "TV people" and "brand builders"...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

That's fine. Lots of people are jaded. But...she would have had to coach her child and her grandmother did die recently. So what is the personality disorder to pull a prank like that and would a person with that disorder be able to be a PR guru? It wouldn't just be a "personality disorder" mind you, but rather a mental illness. So my question is, does this woman look like someone with a mental illness. That's what it comes down to. And could someone with a mental illness manage a successful career like the one she has? I live in Vancouver and mental illness runs loose in the streets. Not hold down an entertainment career, be a PR pro and parent 3 kids.

Just how I see it

eta: My assumption is based on the amount of affection she is showing for her kid mauling her with kisses etc. To act that out and use her grandmother's death as a premise for a hoax would be indicative of a high level sociopath. I don't see that in her bio

edit on 25-3-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
(1) She is a marketer. So we know she cant lie in bed straight.

(2) She looks at the camera when shocked ? That's called acting 101

(3) Daughter already indoctrinated into the afterlife / heaven myth. So no longer innocent.

Probably cuts off because they crack up laughing.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Okay to all of you that don't understand why they are looking into the camera, They are recording and sending the video to the lady's mother that is made very clear within the first 1 min of the clip. In my opinion her looking at the camera when she is shocked by what the girl says is her looking at the camera to say WTF to her mother who will be receiving the video.

Either watch the entire video before commenting or watch it twice so you don't forget what has happened before commenting, This is the problem with humans of today.. you forget to easy.

End Rant.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I said what I said was 100% truth. You can ridicule all you like but don't you dare call me a liar.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

As for john Edwards let me tell you what he told me and somewhere I have a tape of the session. He told me that my grandmother stays with me and he said her sister was with her. Her sister my great aunt was aunt Betty. Looked just like my grandmother but she was a nurse and my grandma ran a bordering house. Aunt betty was stylish while grandma was well a housefrau. He described Betty as a bit flashy. She was. But here's the thing , he kept insisting that her sister was Mary and it was not it was Elizabeth. I have a sister named after her. He told me to tell my mother to pay attention to her lungs. She didn't have lung problems she had a heart condition. He told me to be careful on the road he saw a minor accident, he told me that where I was living was not my home and that my home was very far away from where I lived.
So I talk to my aunt my mother's sister grandma's other daughter and also niece to Aunt Betty and my aunt said Aunt Bettys real name was Mary Elizabeth and that she didn't like the name Mary so she went by her middle name. I never knew that and had argued for Elizabeth.
So that's one.
A week later while driving my tire blew out. Loud and scary and I swerved and drove my car off the road. No biggy no damage I ended up on the grass. So that's two. Years later my mother died from emphysema not a heart attack. THREE... And in 1991 I bought my first house. A lovely Victorian. ...in Hampton Virginia four hundred miles away from my long island home that's four.
You can believe what you want of course and I know the demands debunkers make time date all involved what when where and how and if you leave one out you're a fake . They really do think the results should be that dead on. I believe they think this comes down the wire from AT&T. So a few people saying he didn't get something right...Not a problem for me. I get psychic impressions and I know that it's a real ability. You're certainly not going to change that. Have a nice day...
edit on 3252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The little lights at the ceiling ...the casemate museum in a barrel shaped structure here you go from one casemate to another . Each room had the same round ceiling ans same track lights. I even stepped back into the last room to see if the phenomena occurred there. It didn't. It also didn't occur in the next room.
armyhistoryjournal.com...

Scroll halfway down the page you'll,see the arched ceiling and two arched doorways. It's built with ramparts above so the whole thing in under a hill. They had to build the arches to bear the weight of all the dirt on top. .
edit on 3252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Oh please don't think I'm attempting to either call you a liar or start a squabble with you. I know you're a avid member of this community and I've enjoyed some of your responses. Also, while I am an atheist, I find pagan belief systems more affable and honorable than the more dogmatic monotheistic choices.

I have never seen or read anything that comes even remotely close to proving the existence of souls or ghosts existing and I try to prevent further harm that has been done by these beliefs through fraud and trickery when I post these things. I know that there's nothing that can convince you otherwise about this stuff and I won't try to show you anything else. But, if I post these things, I'm also trying to prevent others from falling into those beliefs which I see as incorrect and often eager to reap from the young or unsure. I fully support seeking information and self education regarding these topics. But, you may not like what you'll find.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
No full body apparition, No poltergeist activity, No money, Folks.

They could easily be acting. But then again to have an open mind is different then just being fooled and gullible.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Do you have any loved ones who have died? Someone you were close to? If you do just for grins and giggles try this. No thing may happen or you might get a surprise.
Sit in a quiet dark room. Sitting up in bed before you go to sleep if your alone is good. If not choose a place where you can be alone and make it dark and quiet. Sit up because doing this laying down may make you fall asleep.
Picture your loved one in you head and quietly call to them. Ask them to come to you. Tell them you love them and miss them then ask them to give you a sign that they have heard you.

Like I said maybe nothing will happen but maybe it will.
It won't hurt for you to do a little experiment will it?

Just one last question since you were so respectful and I appreciate that. What do you think happens when we die?
I'm looking forward to your experiment results and your views on what happens at death.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

PS No one reaps anything from me on these beliefs and they are so very very rare years go by without anything happening. Although I practice the craft my kids were brought up agnostic . I never tried to force any religion on them and any questions they had were answered with ,"why don't you look that up and tell me what you think" We're very open-minded, well educated and pardon my conceit but intelligent too. I came to my beliefs on my own through inquiry that started when I was in third grade and a little Jewish girl and I became friends. I was a Catholic then. Let's just say some things didn't add up and I had to have an answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

John Edwards is just a really good cold reader. I've seen some of his shows and the way he does his cold reading. He is another Sylvia brown, they aren't psychics but they are good showmen. That Kim Russo psychic I'm on the fence with, she either a really good cold reader, or she is the real thing. You can always tell cold readers, by the cold reading techniques they use. Cold readers will always just take educated guesses or assumptions but make them so broad that they are bound to fish and hit something.

The real thing many times will just know. They will receive their information in flashes of pictures in their mind. Don't get me wrong I believe that some special people do have the "gift". But cold readers have been around for ages, some of that stuff has been passed down from generation to generation almost like a trade art.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join