It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Event of a Coup, "Putin is Prepared to Nuke Moscow" (Ukraine Propaganda) Updated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The back and forth between Ukrainian propaganda and Russian propaganda continues in it's new-found fever pitch since the rumors of a stealthy soft coup circulated last week. During the peak of the uncertainty over Putin's whereabouts, the Ukrainian press was floating a range of stories, some claiming Kremlin sources, of assassinations and violent struggles between Putin and oligarchs aligned with Kremlin hawks.

I tend to think "something very important" happened during Putin's missing days. I do believe there was some level of power struggle, and Putin dare not show until it had been resolved. I think Putin has survived an attempted coup, not through bloodshed, but through negotiation. The new Putin is more hawkish, more regionally aggressive, and showing cracks with his troubled alliance with Ramzan Kadyrov (who some analysts say is the source of the power-struggle during Putin's absence).

Now, News Daily, out of the Ukraine has published this:
In the event of a military coup Putin is ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow

Partial translation below.

The head of the Kremlin press service said that in the event of a military coup Putin is ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin is ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow, if the situation in the near future does not stabilize, the head of the Kremlin press service Dmitry Peskov.

New threats by the opposition caused panic in the Kremlin, it refers to the nouveau paramilitary units operated by the opposition. President expects military aggression and ready to give a fitting rebuff to the enemy, both outside and inside the country.

Today Dmitry Kiselev, director general of the Russian International News Agency "Russia Today", on its French-speaking resource fr.sputniknews.com published confirmation of the statements of the Kremlin press service that Russian President Vladimir Putin, really ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow.

Naming two sources, that have confirmed a nuclear attack on Moscow is the plan in the event of a coup. Is this propaganda to try and convince people that Putin is considering using a nuclear option as a deterrent for future coup attempts?

If so… is the source Ukrainian or Russian?

What the hell is going on over there?

UPDATES

kitzik found a Russian source debunking the original story from Ukrainian press…
TRANSLATION:

Honestly, sincerely sorry for those people who are willing to believe it firework delirium authors NewsDaily. And the authors themselves - this seems to be representatives of the "company information resistance", which received the Minister of Information Policy of Ukraine Mr. Stec, can hardly imagine how all looks a nuclear weapon.

edit on 23-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's a checkmate move really!

Overthrow us, & we'll end it all!

They've created their own Samson Option that Israel threaten everyone with.

I'm surprised they divulged this though...

Crazy!

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They need to get rid of the people writing the propaghanda in the Ukraine. That is so easy to see through. They would have a hard time getting any Russians or Ukrainians to believe something that stupid.

At least I hope their people aren't that brainwashed to believe stuff like that.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Nuking your own capital to prevent a coup? I don't think any sane leader would consider that. Where do journalists come up with this stuff?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Putin is taking the lesson of the nearly-successful coup to heart - the threat of nuking his own city is the ultimate poison-pill.

He's turning Russia into a rogue state.

BTW, this topic and any negative comments regarding Putin will attract all the anti-US posters, as an American I recognize my own government is corrupt and used war as a means of spreading it's corporate influence across the globe, that doesn't excuse Putin however.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
One would think that they would have so many failsafes built into their systems for launching that it would be impossible for one man to launch missiles . Lets hope so . But for mine its propaganda , and bad propaganda at that .

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
One would think that they would have so many failsafes built into their systems for launching that it would be impossible for one man to launch missiles . Lets hope so . But for mine its propaganda , and bad propaganda at that .

There's no doubt it would take more than one man...

But this may go across the upper echelons who are comfortable with Russia's hegemony in the East from Generals to Oilgarchs to the Pres himself...

Basically all those with a key, a switch and a button!

Only a genius can be insane...

Says someone insane

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They need to get rid of the people writing the propaghanda in the Ukraine. That is so easy to see through. They would have a hard time getting any Russians or Ukrainians to believe something that stupid.

At least I hope their people aren't that brainwashed to believe stuff like that.

-
Hey RickyMouse, I've got to lean towards your opinion ...

The Director General of the National Telecompany of Ukraine is quoted as saying: “For the news from Ukraine, the one responsible will from now on be the Firtash group. They need the ability to manipulate these or other events, in Ukraine as well as in Europe.
Ukraine bans Euronews

ADDITIONALLY ... ( or f.y.i. ):

Ukraine's 'Ministry of Truth' Wants 15-Year Prison Terms for Journalists

-
SPECULATIVE-(or best guess)-OPINION: Propaganda

( i.e. anything out of ukraine ... extremely suspicous )

edit on 23-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I followed the link to the French version of fr.sputniknews.com, and the image used in the Ukraine article of Dmitry Peskov had nothing to do with the article headline in the OP, instead it was something about a 'market stabilization' ("The Kremlin will take currency market stabilization measures (Peskov)")

Something's amiss...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Says someone insane

Not insane just to many advisor's .

Basically all those with a key, a switch and a button!

Yes i was assuming it would be a missile attack . Russia has a nasty habit of losing nukes and technicians so perhaps one is already in place . He has had enough time to rejig one .

But this may go across the upper echelons who are comfortable with Russia's hegemony in the East from Generals to Oilgarchs to the Pres himself...

Anyone even remotely involved with something like this would be mercilessly hunted down . There would be no conceivable place in the world to hide .

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Putin seemed to hide pretty well recently...

If I were to speculate...

I'd say their bunkers and safe houses are pretty good considering KGB ties!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Now, News Daily, out of the Ukraine has published this:
In the event of a military coup Putin is ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow

Is it me, or is this link going to a 403 forbidden?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If he launched a nuke on Moscow, the seismic sensors and whatnot would pick it up and auto launch on all of NATO if "Dead Hand" is still activated. That could be the real threat Putin is making if this is true. If he is paranoid and believes the West is organizing a coup then it makes sense. Otherwise it looks like it is Ukrainian news publishing anti Russian pieces as they make them up.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The "News Daily" Ukraine article states:

Today Dmitry Kiselev, director general of the Russian International News Agency "Russia Today", on its French-speaking resource fr.sputniknews.com published confirmation of the statements of the Kremlin press service that Russian President Vladimir Putin, really ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow.

I don't speak Russian but I do speak French, and I can't find any article at that site making such a statement - especially on the 18th. The image the News Daily used, showing the top of Peskov's head, belongs to another article, with a mundane banking related headline and nothing about nukes in Moscou.

Prudent to see whether other sources come forward with this.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So basically someone is about to nuke Moskow and blame it on Putin. Lovely.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ramzan Kaderov is in no position to even assume to "power struggle with putin"

It was Putin who infact placed Ramzan in Power .

He is busy fighting with rebel factions in his own republic of Chechnya .

Can you elaborate a little more on this "power struggle "?

If you mean in sens of Ramzan trying to break away from Putin's Iron fist and Rule , then i fully understand that as a Possibility
/

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The answer to 'what the hell is going on over there?' is that we simply don't know, and we'd be well advised to steer well clear of believing anyone's propaganda or taking sides.

It's astonishingly naive to believe that Ukraine could meet the criteria for EU or Nato membership or be a trusted ally: it's equally naive to believe that Russia has honorable intentions towards a neighbour it is inextricably tied to through history and ethnicity.

This is not our (the West's) fight: we should certainly safeguard our own interests, but we should not favour one unstable government, or one bunch of head-banging nationalists, over another.
edit on 23 3 2015 by SummerLightning because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! While I think Putin is a bit crazy, I Don't think he's THAT crazy. The repercussions of an action like that would be felt around the world. Would NATO be blamed? Or Chechen terrorists? I think even die hard Putin fan boys would have a hard time defending that action. Hopefully this is just propaganda. I'd prefer not to see nuclear Armageddon during my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

That's a checkmate move really!

Not really..

If the info is in fact real it further demonstrates just how out of touch Putin is. It shows us that he is willing to murder innocent Russians in order to take out those who want change. He is acting like Hitler in the final days where he stopped caring and starting blaming the German people for his failures.

Putin is throwing the nuke word around a lot which could mean 1 of 2 things -
* - Its a bluff intended to frighten potential adversaries.

* - Its a real threat.

He knows he could not win in a conventional war against Europe and that was evident when Russia invaded Ukraine. Putin stated his thoughts on the nuclear threat increase.

He is taking territory and threatening the use of nukes to get people o back off and leave him alone. He is threatening nations with nukes for taking actions to safeguard their own national security and that of their allies.

All Putin has left is the nuke card and he is starting to overplay his hand.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What the hell is going on over there?

Judging from blackmarketeers research, a whole lot of propaganda is what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join