It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hoax bin now, yeah

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
Hoax bin now, yeah

The existence of the rumors is a fact, therefore no hoax bin.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

They guy is only human don't forget that...and 90% of the time I can't ague against his knowledge. .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Based on that gem, a lot of threads that have been put in the HOAX bin do not belong in there.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: n00bUK
Hoax bin now, yeah

Hoax

1. An act intended to deceive or trick.
2. Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.

A Coup? Killed?

All hoaxes, no factual basis and created to deceive. I'm surprised the owner of ATS even worded how he did.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Thank you. And as stated on page66, they were wearing the same clothes as at the St.Petersburg International Economic Forum in 2012. Also all mass medias are reporting the same pictures as the twitter account we were watching.
It is not sure he is back and if he is, why isn't he in Moscow? The statement I read was because the Kyrgyz presidents daughter studies in S.Petersburg, but after been gone so long why does he show up in Petersburg and not at his house, or the Kremlin?
And the denial without offering an explanation his official spokesman did still doesn't make sense. Even if he's back, where was he, or would he have been?
So to me this proofs our media reads ATS and twitter, but everything else is still uncertain.
Also if this allegedly goes back to Reuters, why can't I find anything about it on the official Reuters page?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

They guy is only human don't forget that...and 90% of the time I can't ague against his knowledge. .

No doubt...just saying....he has always been the one to tow the company line..and the company is saying one thing and he is saying another. I actually side with him on this whole thing. Its all a bit strange.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
well there is only one thing I can say now that VP has reappeared.

You must be one if the old school ATSers with their mature debates and open conspiracy discussions and not one of the latest crop of ATSers who post "what ever..."

Oh wait, the fact that Putin has been missing for 11 days and now it seems he has re appeared is justification to post a childish link and support the anti twitter movement.

I don't have tw@tter but ATS has proven to me that Putin was absent for 10 or 11 days which MSM did not. Therefore, I find this a very credible source of the compilation of numerous media outlets when the MSM could only keep quiet.

In my opinion, job jobbed ATS. Whatever turned out you were there all the way.

what got proven to you mate? 48 hours of over hyped sensationalism that your own site boss called a socio experiment that you unwittingly played a part of. I tell you this though it was fun watching the lemmings run off and follow the supplied links and then squabble over the breadcrumb trail and just when it was settling down whoah another update!!!
But i tell you what fella you just keep hiding behind that plausible deniability shield word in the title right there "rumour" ok because as a collective you cant all be so stupid right?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: daaskapital

This is a conspiracy site and speculation is part of the fun, even if they are just rumors, however we do try to deny ignorance here.

There is a difference between speculation and outright hysterical clickbait fantasies. Speculation is all well and good as long as it's based on something. The speculation here was pretty absurd, and ATS was willing to capitalise off of it all the way.

This thread's speculation was crazy, and ATS used it for what many would define as clickbait.

Phage is a big boy he's taken plenty on the chin, and lived to talk about it.

Indeed, but he was shown disrespect by not only other members here, but staff as well. It's not about Phage being a 'big boy', it's about the attitudes shown here towards him. This is not the ATS of old. It's not how i remember it. He deserves an apology, especially considering the outcome of this thread.

edit on 16-3-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Err wait... this was an experiment?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't agree with your post, I feel that your interpretation of why Phage was 'attacked' isn't accurate.

Phage was ranting about how we were discussing points that couldn't be verified. Plenty of others dismissed Putin being dead without being harassed, but they weren't being as dismissive about the fact that these were all rumors as Phage was.

This thread was founded on mass rumors from twitter and that was stated in the OP.

Putin was still missing for 10 or 11 days.
Military activity did pick up substantially.

There are still many unknowns in this story.

Phage's stance had little to do with Putin being alive or dead, but rather how we conducted this thread. Putin being alive doesn't change that.

In fact I don't remember anyone being 'attacked' for having the opinion that Putin was alive.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ALL ***

Please keep the actual topic at hand in mind.

Let's not discuss each other much less insult each other.

Thank you.
edit on 16/3/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
wow, i look back over those images and it reminds of of those super huge nights out and then when you wake up you have flash backs, and you think no way did i really say that......TO THE WORLD!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think it's about time we had a little clearing of the air here...

1. Not everyone in this thread instantly subscribed to the gossip and unfounded rumors, so please stop claiming that everyone involved in this thread believed all the noise and nonsense. There were (and are) plenty of members who can tell the difference between gossip and rumor, and verified facts, and several of us repeatedly attempted to show those posters the facts.

2. Members like Phage occasionally ridiculed and attacked even verifiable information and claimed it was nothing but speculation, when it was backed up by several verifiable sources. It was not a rumor that Putin had been absent, it was not a rumor that Russian press released stories they were then forced to retract, it was not rumor that the Kremlin changed their story about where he was nor the state of his health...

3. The definition of "theory" is - "a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained." This quite simply means that if there are realities which lend credence to the theory being expressed, it is a valid theory. Something based on nothing but opinion or belief is not a theory. This story, as it was based on the reality of what was happening, is a valid theory.

4. Breaking news can be anything, it does not have to conform to your specific notions of what is important. It was a breaking news story that Putin had not been seen for almost two weeks. If you think the vanishing of a world leader during a time of heightened military movement is not news then I can only assume you fell down and bumped your head, you should probably see a doctor about that.

5. Regardless of Putin having apparently resurfaced, there is still cause to discuss and debate his absence. However you want to cut it, this is incredibly unusual, and the fact that the Kremlin was obviously so unable to offer a good explanation, and then changed the entire story at the last minute, is most definitely worthy of debate. It's even more pertinent now that we have an admission from Putin that he put his nuclear arsenal on alert, before NATO started their exercises in the Black Sea.

Here's the crux of it...

Putin vanished for almost two weeks.
He missed the FSB meeting for the first time in his career.
The Kremlin was unable or unwilling to say where he was.
Disinformation was intended to make it appear that he had not disappeared.
NATO is currently in the Black Sea, and shadowed by Russian military.
Several nations are currently assisting Ukraine with military defense and training, something Putin threatened to retaliate against.

Whether you considered that he was ill, dead, or had been overthrown, your opinions WERE VALID, based on the information we all had and the circumstances of his disappearance. Anyone who was either alive in the early 1990's or has read up on Russian history would have very good reason to suspect that something untoward was happening.

There is plenty of evidence already gathered to show that he was absent for two weeks, that the Kremlin lied about where he was, and that the Russian media worked with the Kremlin to attempt to give a false impression of him conducting "business as usual" when he was obviously unaccounted for on the public stage.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

(post by HardKnox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It feels like a false flag event.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You can say he diverted from his standoff , in some way but anyway he got it wrong, no prizes won.. only allot of member votes in the pocket .. He would be a great politician lol

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join