It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which conspiracy made you think 'THAT'S CRAZY' that now makes you go 'Hmmmmm?'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

911 is what got me going. And I haven't stopped since. Now I don't believe in chemtrails and a host of other things.But I most definitely don't trust my government. So anything they say, I tend to think the opposite.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Hey! There's a study about you.

These tendencies in persuasive communication can be understood as a reflection of an underlying conspiracist worldview in which the details of individual conspiracy theories are less important than a generalized rejection of official explanations.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It seems actual facts don't matter, especially if there aren't any. If it's the "official story" it's wrong, because it is. Even when the theory contradicts itself.

In this view, conspiracy belief is not about believing in particular alternative theories, but in disbelieving in whatever the official story is. This tendency has been informally noted by Dean (2002), who described most conspiracy theories as “bits and pieces without a plot… [that] fail to delineate any conspiracy at all. They simply counter conventional narratives with suspicions and allegations that, more often than not, resist coherent emplotment” (p. 92). Likewise, Clarke (2007) observed that conspiracy theories are often extremely vague, particularly in the Internet age.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Not a Ct as such but I am going out on a limb and saying the story of Adam and Eve.

As a non Christian I found it pretty hard to see the "truth" in the story.

Yes, Adam and Eve is a stretch for a modern Christian. One professing the faith (I am not a Christian) has to see the story as an allegory tale, not as a real story.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
FLAT EARTH.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

oooo good question OP.

I think mine would probably be the idea of the existence of our ancestors having been visited created by ET's.

I used to think it was totally bonkers, now I think its one of the more interesting conspiracies out there.

I'll just reiterate what you said but with a slight alteration.
What did it for me was going back and reanalyzing the first book of the old testament Genesis.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
FLAT EARTH.

I second that!!!!

I demand proof that the earth is a sphere!!!

NO NASA LIES!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Not a Ct as such but I am going out on a limb and saying the story of Adam and Eve.

Yes, Adam and Eve is a stretch for a modern Christian. One professing the faith (I am not a Christian) has to see the story as an allegory tale, not as a real story.

I have lost the research now but it was actually reading about the way the modern bible was translated and that the word dust meant something along the lines of "tiny things that can not be seen"

I thought that to simple folks what we might call something like atoms would be incomprihensible and that maybe dust would be as small as you could explain.

Then start talking about eve being made from a part of adam, ie cloning then the same thing, what part "errr.. a rib, it was a rib dave now just listen to the story"

It made the whole ancient alien thing a bit more plausable.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We laughed and laughed and laughed at this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well truth is stranger than fiction www.engadget.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I have lost the research now but it was actually reading about the way the modern bible was translated and that the word dust meant something along the lines of "tiny things that can not be seen"

I thought that to simple folks what we might call something like atoms would be incomprihensible and that maybe dust would be as small as you could explain.

Then start talking about eve being made from a part of adam, ie cloning then the same thing, what part "errr.. a rib, it was a rib dave now just listen to the story"

I agree wholeheartedly. I beleive we were created, likely using modified DNA of off-world visitors. It perhaps explains how ape-man evolved so quickly.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm famous then! actually here are some lists to show that all that glitters is not gold:

conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. I beleive we were created, likely using modified DNA of off-world visitors. It perhaps explains how ape-man evolved so quickly.

I'm not saying I believe it but it certainly fits with the program.

I also think that the ancient aliens tv show is a clever distraction from some real truths.
edit on 14/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok. But I don't think anyone claims there are no conspiracies.

Now, how many of those were exposed by conspiracy theorists? I do see though that a mythical one is included in that list. Guess which one.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I'd have to say...

Just a couple of years ago there was a video of a "secret service agent" (?) who said he had evidence of Michael Jackson's murder...

Even had what sounded like one of MJ's last phone calls...

I'll try and find the video...

Anyways it was meant to be released piece by piece...
But after that first video, I haven't heard anything since.

Back soon with the upload.

m.youtube.com...

Upload won't work....

But the link does.

Anyone else want to try and embed the video?
Probably won't work!

Dude that was a fake thing made up to get people to watch the next video which was just a music video. He even had a web site with a count down to the release of the second video before it was uploaded. I know this cuz i too thought it was real when it first got uploaded. But its fake, just so you know.

I thought so...

That's why I used that one in this particular thread.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hey guess what? They wouldn't give credit to a ct anyway.They would claim that someone else they found 'rational' had found it.

I don't believe everything I hear nor should anyone else. But I do try to keep an open mind about things until I see enough evidence to sway me one way or the other. Considering this is pretty much a ct site,why are you here if you don't believe any of it? And if you do,then why are you questioning me on my beliefs?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Considering this is pretty much a ct site,why are you here if you don't believe any of it?
None of your business. But what makes you think I don't believe any of it?

And if you do,then why are you questioning me on my beliefs?
Which of your beliefs have I questioned? But is there something bad about questioning?

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What is the craziest conspiracy, or so you thought, when your first heard it. And what caused you to think maybe this ain't so crazy after all.

Actually I came to this site thinking some of the crazier ones had some merit, but after reading threads on the subject I came away from them realizing they were complete hokum.

I started with an open mind on many subjects where evidence and reason has formulated my opinions now.

I will say I always thought that Flouride thing was complete BS however NLBS found a study that suggests there is some merit to its harmfulness in developing children. At this point for me to read the study I would have to pay for it, but I imagine fairly soon it will be open to all.

So there is that one.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The BIG ONE> 911. I was totally a accepting of the official story. Watched the two buildings fall from across the harbor. I cried. I was in shock and it was easy to accept the boogie man they presented.

Then one afternoon at home, after a difficult day of doing some demolition on a job a took on for a friend, I took a utility knife out of my pocket and placed it on my desk. I stared at it for a while. I was really tired and felt somewhat deflated that we didn't get as much done as we intended for the day. I don't/didn't usually get involved in the actual work. I used to have a crew that I managed, but that day we needed to achieve a certain goal and I pitched in, yet we still didn't get there.

So for some reason, I was fixating on the utility knife. I was dead tired and disappointed. I don't know why 911 came into my mind, but I began to think how those two buildings came down all because of a few utility knives. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was all bills#!t. A few little utility knives couldn't have caused all the destruction. ~yeah I know it was planes

I'm an architect. I don't know why I never looked into the actual claims of how the structures collapsed, but on that day I started to dig into the information, much of which I was totally unaware. I looked at the NIST report and realized what a crock of sh!# it was. Then I found some of the sites that had information that real people searched for and compiled, and from that day on I knew it was all bulls!# and we were lied to.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
David Icke's theory about child sex abuse running rampant in British upper echelons of society always made me laugh as a wild conspiracy theory.

TODAY, the British Home Secretary (kind of like the US Attorney General) Theresa May announced a wide ranging investigation, and said that previous allegations are only "the tip of the iceberg" regarding widespread sex abuse cases.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
David Icke's theory about child sex abuse running rampant in British upper echelons of society always made me laugh as a wild conspiracy theory.

TODAY, the British Home Secretary (kind of like the US Attorney General) Theresa May announced a wide ranging investigation, and said that previous allegations are only "the tip of the iceberg" regarding widespread sex abuse cases.

say what you like about Icke, and most do.

I think over the next 2 years his works on child abuse in the UK will all come to fruition.

It will not mean a thing though, it was too late and he will still be mocked no matter how right he may be.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well you seem to be on the offensive about it. I know I come here to gather more information and open up to new conspiracies. ATS has a lot of information going on all the time,and yes some nonsense,but I just ignore anything that seems weird to me and look at what interests me.

But now you want to button hole me a ct,and I don't think that really fits me. i have by far more down to earth things to think about normally than if the men in black are real and coming for me or not.You were saying that facts don't matter as I 'matched' this study about me. Facts matter very much to me,but only if they are true facts.Not something Monsanto gives to the FDA and the FDA goes okay.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join