It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange hole in cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think this is the right place to post this, sorry if its not

These were taken at 10:30 this morning

The second photo, a minute later has a sort of rainbow effect i presume from the sun reflecting off the edge of the cloud

Does anyone know what could have caused it?

Was it just an unusual shape in the cloud or something to do with air pressure/heat or was it the beginning of a hurricane or something similar?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

These were taken at 10:30 this morning

Does anyone know what could have caused it?

Was it just an unusual shape in the cloud or something to do with air pressure/heat or was it the beginning of a hurricane or something similar?

don't know for certain....but
IF that effect had happened on the 13th of a month
it might have been attributed to the 'Marian Apparitions'

? didn't you experience a sense of awe or wonder when it appeared?

thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Very weird. I remember seeing a pic on the net very similar to that one. It was taken in the skies over Melbourne, FL. a few years back. I'm clueless on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I had to edit my previous statment when I said that it appears to be the center of a low pressure area. I captured this image from weather.com:

www.w3.weather.com...

The snapshot taken at 12:18 GMT (approximately 1 1/2 hours after your picutre was taken) shows a small "hole" over the vicinity of London.

I'm not familiar with the geography of London. Is there a large body of water in the direction you took the picture? What could cause that hole is an area of relatively warmer air, casued by the land/water mass below, that allows the absorption of water molecules in that specific area.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Freedom_for_sum]

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Also, this chart, which is a surface analysis was taken at 1200 GMT.

It shows the area over Great Brittain (located right of center of the chart) to be relatively benign (Light winds, stable air mass) further emphasising in my mind that surface heating caused the "hole" in the clouds.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is a lake about a mile away which is roughly 200m x 50m. Apart from that i can't think of any other mass of water in that direction

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And here is another explanation...

epod.usra.edu...

Given the temp you guys have over there, this seems very plausible

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know....I have seen a very similar pic myself somewhere.
Naturally I now can't find it

I have an idea it was on a website to do with HAARP.
Or something to do with EMF weapons. Excellent picture by the way

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Here are a few more i found

I also read on this BBC webpage that the falling ice crystals that could be to blame could come from the exhausts of passing aircraft. That would make sense because there are a lot of planes fly over

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Here's a link to what I was thinking of, if you go down about 3/4 of
tha page, where it says "Florida Gets Pulsed" you'll see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Is there anywhere on the net where i can get those radar maps for London?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Is there anywhere on the net where i can get those radar maps for London?

I'm assuming your talking about the map links that I just posted, and no
I can't find any at the moment, but Google is your Friend as they say

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Try having a look at this website on earthquake predictions from cloud formations. I don't know if this type of cloud formation is an earthquake precursor, but you can have a look and see if it gets listed there.

quake.exit.com...

[edit on 18-12-2004 by mayajeet]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry, me again, still trying to find out how to use this program.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Looking at the cloud formation it would have to be at the lower end of strange cloud formations. The rainbow colouration could be due to water or ice particles and the sharply defined area due to temperature variations which would be common in an area with micro -climates.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by gandolfo]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great cant wait to hear more on this!

Laterz

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Rare, but not unusual.

E_T

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
That cloud "inside" hole is definitely virga.

I took this photo at spring 2003. There's little signs of more turbulence in two a'clock from hole, so I think that might give hint about direction light route.
Also these holes seems to be ellipses which would be reasonable. Aircraft causes like cylinder of turbulent air, when plane (layer of humid air) cuts it in other angle than straight result is ellipse.

Here's more of these phenomenons what aircrafts cause to clouds.
www.weather-photography.com...

A distrail, short for dissipation trail, forms when an aircraft flies through a supercooled cloud. The cloud freezes due to the disturbing airflow created by the aircraft, as well as by the addition of plenty of freezing nuclei due to the aircraft's exhaust gases. Altocumulus is usually either frozen or supercooled and can show distrails. They are uncommon, especially the clear distrails. Distrails are usually not very long, since they usually show in altocumulus which is not at a cruising altitude of the aircraft (i.e. the aircraft is either descending or ascending through the cloud). In some cases a distrail may transform into a cloud hole: a large elliptical hole in altocumulus with virga in the middle.

new topics

top topics

join