It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Boring and sweet are just fine! There's not enough sweethearts in the world, so always a pleaure to meet one.
No, I effed up the video (which is a pretty good indication of my snuggling prowess) so try the link:

Exploited - Punk's not dead

Aaah, you got it. No, no I'd be gentle

edit on 11-3-2015 by beansidhe because: Hee hee

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

You are correct, sir or madam... that was/is awesome... neighbors likely hate me now, but they have a terrible band and play at 3 in the a.m. and want me to move my junky car ...so to hell with 'em... heh

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

And okay, here's a punky one I really like and play it every few months to remind me why I'm dissatisfied ...with most everything.

Flipper- Ha Ha Ha

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And here's one from that art-noise group famous for uncomfortable "music" and their eyeball helmets... but this one takes the Michael Jackson beat from Billie Jean and marries it to Hank Williams "Kaliga" making it a real amazing toe tapper... enjoy...

The Residents - Kaliga

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Here's a little Melvin's to start the morning off

Agents of Oblivion - Wither This is one of my absolute favorite songs ever

And its never too early to put some Mike Patton into rotation so here's Tomahawk with 'God Hates a Coward'

edit on 12-3-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Good call on the Portishead!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The Melvins have had my ear since they first formed... but how did I miss the other two? Agents of Oblivion (familiar from back when ...then lost to time) and Mike Patton (Tomahawk) ...huh... Thanks, Peter... very much. This thread has been like a sonic xmas for a five year old with newly rich, loving parents... heh, thanks all.

Please keep them coming.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ppl if u love great music, please listen to these 2 songs. I promise it will be worth it

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Byby... the opening song of their (Modern Lovers) album, Roadrunner, was an immediate, intense love of mine... even the Sex Pistols wrecking rendition was wonderful ... loooove it (and the rest).

And they were far ahead of their time... thus why I had their album as an "essential," along with VU, Monks, etc. If your friends think it's goofy, may I politely suggest new friends... heh.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Okay. Bizarro. I was just listening to the song and thinking of you in the desert. Sorry, but I know that's where you live. I lives in one , too.

I can't get enough of that album. I posted it and now I can't stop listening to it again.

Yeah, Astral Plane is cool, but Roadrunner is the one that gaffed me, too. And I really love Girlfriend, it's epic.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Another synchronicity... dime a dozen... and to be fair, I live in a city in a desert... not surrounded by dunes or anything... but back to The Meat Puppets... they, too, raise eyebrows from concerned friends and don't (usually) appeal from a first listen ... they're more eclectic, but if you (or others) can't get the Puppets, I suggest starting at the songs "Plateau" then "Lake of Fire" and on to "Climbing" and "New Gods" and THEN you'll "get it."

Onward...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That was amazing! Django Reinhardt... what a name! I'd heard of him (usually talked about along with the Lowmax sessions) as a precursor genius ... and now I know he was/is.

Thanks... a whole lot!

edit on 3/12/2015 by Baddogma because: lomax to Lowmax... think thats the spelling... oh well

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Mmmm, I love her! Good 'wallowing' music. And also...

That's a great song (Flipper), I love it!

An homage to Frank...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Wow, Kevin... those two artists were totally unknown to me (I think.... might pop up later as happens) and I agree emphatically... they are wonderful, beautiful, tunes!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

YOU have an ear, too ... those were great and new to me... the groove on the Goldfrapp was superb and I hadn't heard that one from Frank... sincerely appreciated!

I thought this might be interesting... I am so far correct. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

More to come

👣

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not for everyone but given that this is what the trhead is all about give it a go.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Wow, bluemule... aside from Louis who I love, I'd never heard the others, and who'd think the Conan soundtrack would be so spacey-cool! Reminded me of that Loreen McKennit (sp?) epic... which I love.

The quantum jazz is playing now as I write and I'm loving it, too...

Thank you, kind sir!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Faith No More... classic! We Care Alot was a personal favorite but they are so much more than that ditty... thank you.. .been decades since I've heard that one.

For all.... (especially Blue.. .that mix made me think of this one for cool spacey) here is:

Dengue Fever - Seeing Hands

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join