It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Anything by Simon Posford. He is an electronic music God. From his DJ sets as Hallucinogen to his collaborations with Raja Ram as Shpongle. Also Younger Brother and Celtic Cross. I love it all. Very psychedelic. He was a pioneer of the Psytrance genre in the 90's and he's still going strong today. Check out any of his work and you might be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Here's an instrumental one:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Judee Sill

And Enchanted Sky Machines

edit on 3/11/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

ah peaceful hippy music. i enjoyed ridge rider

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

ah peaceful hippy music. i enjoyed ridge rider

What can I say? I'm one of those peaceful hippies.
I saw Judee Sill on my 14th birthday with David Crosby and Graham Nash... Memories...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There are no 'wrong songs' ... it's just moods and resonance... soundtracks to life... I came up in the anti-hippy era, but I secretly listen to the happy-drippy stuff all the time, and that was as syrupy happy as I've heard... so thanks!

For a harder sound, this one once had strangers knocking on my door asking what I was playing... not exactly unknown to a certain crowd, but a hidden gem (though BH, dunno ... might spoil your high!)....

Fugazi - Waiting Room

And I have some posts to sort through... thanks to all, again...
edit on 3/11/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

deja vu is one of my favorite albums. I think they were better before Neil came aboard and don't get me wrong, I love Neil Young.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Wanted to mention that yeah, The Cure are incredibly tight in concert... lucky enough to have seen 'em a couple times in the late 80's... saw The Clash for their London Calling tour in a smoky sub-auditorium in the 80's with a 104 fever, but stayed to the end... another much loved band.

Here's another somewhat eclectic ditty from Sisters of Mercy in '92 that I love... it's epic and the female vocalist is great:

Sisters of Mercy - Temple of Love

Oh ...I hadn't ever heard the Sisters until I saw them open for The Cure... is why I posted this... and this song (a fifteen minute epic version) made me remember them...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

I had "forgotten" Poshford! Thanks for that... and you are correct, sir or madam. A 'best of' compilation is blasting as I write.

Really, my tastes go all over the place... classical (most shivers to be found there, actually- 9th Ode to Joy anyone?), electronic (all genres), punk, garage, classic rock, art rock (Yes ... incredible) , industrial, thrash ...heck, even folk and pop of all eras (when drunk enough)... heh, this was a good idea... I'm getting reinvigorated musically, from the smattering so far... the blues, jazz (some of it... Parker, Monk, etc stands out... not the swanky restaurant jazz fusion, though... yuch...) but... new things are what makes getting up worthwhile.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Those were all really, really good... thank you... I like that "sound," too.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Okay, Olaru... Country is one that I admit to glossing over and deciding I don't like... comes from living where I do, in the Southwest, and getting harassment from too many rednecks... I hear that twang and vocals all the time and just fade off ...well, besides ALL Hank Williams (love him) and some Roger Miller, I just don't gravitate to it, but I "get" it... I will say, though, that song was very, very good... and opened up new horizons for something I would never have listened to... perfect for this thread and thank you very much!

Wow... who'da thunk?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Wow... never heard the first two... pretty amazing, thank you! I'm playing them a second time and they're insinuating themselves into me.

And Silversun Pickups got my attention with Panic Switch, their 'big' hit from a decade or so ago... loved it and that song was really good as well... complex and rich... thank you very much.

edit on 3/11/2015 by Baddogma because: panic Switch... not room, heh

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

This is one of my favorite albums by one of my favorite bands. Best reaction that I get out of folks is a smile and, "It's goofy".

I loves them. The history of the band is cool, too.

The Modern Lovers

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hey, Fugazi, long time, no hear
I used to love them, and also the Sisters of Mercy too:

I could overgoth your thread so easily
But I'll give you Portishead instead, maybe you'll like them.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

That's odd, I actually had that vinyl album (before I lost them... all 576 in a termite and heat storage debacle) and liked them, too!

Here's one I heard once on a mix cassette tape from a girl who madly loved me and I spent years trying to find who the heck it was and then, wonder of wonders, actually found it on Youtube... the song is odd, sloppy punk-pop-rock that isn't any genre as they were too strung out to know, I suspect, but the first half of the song was a real earworm (until the break where they lose it entirely... last minutes of the song shoulda been left on the edit room floor) but anyway...

Bomb - You in Romance

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Your Avatar reminded me of that Cramps album, Bad Musik for Bad People.. .same colors, anyway (Cramps are amazing but fairly well heard)... but yeah, you originate from my musical home... and every tragically hip music lover gets wet pants over Portishead!!!! They are utterly amazing and much beloved by me (and several hundred thousand black wearing pseudo intellectuals)...

Here's one back (also pretty well known ... but hey)

Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane (cover)

Some of the best light candles, snuggle and get wrecked music ...ever

edit on 3/11/2015 by Baddogma because: sWeet jane. ..

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I come from your musical home? That's amazing! I don't know if you like this guy or not, I think he's a genius:

Yep, I love the Cramps too, they never fail to cheer me up. Here's another from your heartland, you might enjoy:

Aaw, you're a sweetheart - Cowboy Junkies sound great! This is my get wrecked and snuggle music

I'll try a link instead!

edit on 11-3-2015 by beansidhe because: ?

edit on 11-3-2015 by beansidhe because: No happening

edit on 11-3-2015 by beansidhe because: uurgh

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Time for CHEETAH GIRL!!!

That bass line is uuuuuhhh so awesome.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The first two were off my radar and really, really good... so thank you.

The last "candles and snuggling" was in error.. .so I couldn't see it, hear it or know who it was! If it cannot be picked up in the States, perhaps just tell me the artist-song?

And yeah, my metaphorical music home... you must live around the block from it... and I AM a total sweetheart... when I'm not posturing and trying to be hard, anyway... too old for that, anymore, so boring and sweet it is.

OKAY.. .exploited, heh... my kind of chick... well, you'd likely kill me now-a-days, but I will always be a punk ...even IF I never had a mohawk... OI

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join