It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS destroying another ancient archaeological site in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Christosterone

Except for the executing of gays Iran isn't that much different from Texas.

PLEASE give me an example of the state executing gays for being homosexual in Texas.
As a lifetime resident of the state I would love to know how i missed that one.

And out of curiosity, are you able to defend muslim theocracies' progressive attitudes with a straight face?
I am genuinely curious how defending saudi arabias and irans laws regarding homosexuality and womens rights is actually a position any person would/could take.

Again, please provide a link to the state of texas executing a person for being gay and whether or not you defend SA & Irans record on gay/womens rights with a straight face.

You missed Except. 1.not including; other than.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That would fit the historical narrative. Jews tried to wipe out Christians a couple thousand years ago. Christians tried to wipe out Jews in the 40's. Now we have Jews and Christians trying to wipe out Muslims. All the while, there some crazy Muslims out there who are also trying to wipe out Islam.

It's like an unholy trinity that victimized the world and each other for ages. As long as you have strict monotheists in large numbers, there will never be peace. None of those three religions, if the doctrine is taken literally, can allow the others to survive. It's their theological imperative to be the only one to represent the "one god" they all lay claim to.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Never fails...every time someone comments on the misdeeds of people claiming to be Muslims, or who claim to be representing the "true" teachings of Islam...people come out of the woodwork decrying the use of the tag "Muslim" (even though the perpetrators describe themselves as such), and howling about the (supposedly) teeny-weenie-tiny minority of the followers of Mohammed who are murdering in his name.

So, in threads such as this, we quickly move away from the central point of the OP...and devolve into a defensive spat over labels and the misdeeds of other religious groups over centuries past.

It would likely be far more productive if people authoring threads about the actions of Islamists like ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc. used a disclaimer at the bottom of the OP saying something like, "I know that the actions of the self-identified Muslims described in this thread do not reflect the beliefs or actions of most other Muslims. I am definitely not saying that all 1.6 billion Muslims in the world participated in, or condoned, (insert atrocity here). Further, I know that other people and groups have done bad things in the past...and even in modern times infrequently continue to do bad things...but that is not what this particular thread is about."

But, that probably won't work either...the apologists and self-loathers will still have to unload.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Except for the executing of gays Iran isn't that much different from Texas.

PLEASE give me an example of the state executing gays for being homosexual in Texas.
As a lifetime resident of the state I would love to know how i missed that one.

And out of curiosity, are you able to defend muslim theocracies' progressive attitudes with a straight face?
I am genuinely curious how defending saudi arabias and irans laws regarding homosexuality and womens rights is actually a position any person would/could take.

Again, please provide a link to the state of texas executing a person for being gay and whether or not you defend SA & Irans record on gay/womens rights with a straight face.

Your a bit trigger happy. Buster2010 said "except for the executing of gays". So why are you asking him to prove Texas executes gays when he claimed the exact opposite. Did your card not have a response to that statement so you just ran with the closest fit?

India will lock you up for being caught doing gay stuff. Their supreme court will hold up that law too. Why is the west trading so heavily with India when they kill gays and stone women? I guess we still need them for now?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Muslims destroying history again eh op?

Nice title. nice little blanket you throw on millions and millions of people (yes muslims) that abhor this type of thing.

I don't care if the first sentence in the thread says "radical Muslims" or not. You think this is another doom-tard forum where people are that stupid?

Title absolutely stinks and is not what ATS is.

Flagged.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
How do you eradicate one of the worlds oldest religions held by more than a billion people? Watch. It is happening. I predict in less than 20 years from now, Islam will be all but completely outlawed. That means that more than a billion people will be persecuted.

Islam is actually one of the youngest religions.
Its founder was a 7th century conquerer (who believed marrying 8 year olds was acceptable)....
Off the top of my head I can think of the following religions that predate islam.
Hinduism
Buddhism
Judaism
Zoroastrianism(currently almost completely eradicated by islam)
Christianity
Taoism
Shintoism
Confucianism

Islam is older than Mormonism so congratulations Muhamed!!!

As for your prediction of islams impending disappearance....wow, that may be the most ridiculous post on this thread.
There is a 0% chance islam will fall by the wayside...in fact, i would argue that it will become the world religion because its radical interpreters appear to be far and away more willful than any peoples in the history of mankind.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

How about use the proper title of the article linked instead of changing it?

link   

Hang on and let me equate your headline to something closer to home.

"Christians abuse US soldiers and families at funerals"

Now that doesn't sound right does it?

Let's try this:

"Westboro Baptist Church members picket funerals of soldiers"

So which one is accurate and truthful?

To deny there is any difference is disingenuous to say the least.

link   
Spanish destroyed almost all Aztec and Mayan relics. USA took out all protections for museums banks ect.. And left them open to raiding, purposely in my opinion. Many times it happens. No it isn't ok. But to single out Muslims as more evil for something most cultures do in war seems biased.a reply to: Christosterone

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Let's try this:

Westboro members protested. I do not recall them stoning the families of fallen soldiers.
Protesting is a fundamental right afforded the citizenry of america.
Our republic is founded on the principle that all peoples can express their opinion regardless of its lunacy so long as they do not endanger the public welfare(example screaming "fire" in a movie theatre)
As for your question, both titles would be applicable.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

The point is that the US created and funded these groups. And, we have allowed them to run free, killing and raping thousands of people so far. And yes, destroying many important historical sites.

So people like yourself will become enraged, and demand another war in the Middle East.

How can you explain the completely inept air campaign on ISIS? Several reports of weapons shipments directly to ISIS by British and US planes?

Training at the Jordanian base of Free Syria Army that become ISIS once they leave for Syria. If you wanna know where the Wahabbi nuts are always follow Bandar Bush movement (Bandar bin Sultan the Saudi Arabian).

When it is not terror attacks in Russia, then it is some other place where Saudi Arabia have an interest.

For those who do not know what Wahabbi is=a Sunni fundamentalist sect following Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab:s teachings. Not to be confused with Iran that is Shia not Sunni.
edit on 7-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Let's try this:

Westboro members protested. I do not recall them stoning the families of fallen soldiers.
Protesting is a fundamental right afforded the citizenry of america.
Our republic is founded on the principle that all peoples can express their opinion regardless of its lunacy so long as they do not endanger the public welfare(example screaming "fire" in a movie theatre)
As for your question, both titles would be applicable.

The point is one is sensationalising and discriminatory the other isn't.
edit on 3/7/2015 by Kukri because: clarified my point

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Spanish destroyed almost all Aztec and Mayan relics. USA took out all protections for museums banks ect.. And left them open to raiding, purposely in my opinion. Many times it happens. No it isn't ok. But to single out Muslims as more evil for something most cultures do in war seems biased.a reply to: Christosterone

I have continually equated radical islamists with inquisition era spaniards.
Cortez was as brutal and evil an "explorer" as has ever lived.
But western civilization socially evolved....as i stated in a previous post, the world would be a very lonely place had the inquisition era spaniards possessed atomic weapons.

The west overwhelmingly wiped societal sociopathy from our modus operandi centuries ago.
When exceptions arose such as hitler, imperial japan and fascist italy, the free peoples of the west mobilized and destroyed the scourges.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That would fit the historical narrative. Jews tried to wipe out Christians a couple thousand years ago. Christians tried to wipe out Jews in the 40's. Now we have Jews and Christians trying to wipe out Muslims. All the while, there some crazy Muslims out there who are also trying to wipe out Islam.

It's like an unholy trinity that victimized the world and each other for ages. As long as you have strict monotheists in large numbers, there will never be peace. None of those three religions, if the doctrine is taken literally, can allow the others to survive. It's their theological imperative to be the only one to represent the "one god" they all lay claim to.

I never really considered the historical cycle going back and forth. Good point.

I had for the most part figured it was a campaign that started shortly after the Camp David Accord. I have this notion that that psycho Menachem Begin had vowed to destroy Islam after Anwar El Sadat had clearly won over US president Carter.

Before that Islam did not have a very strong following. I think it was the US backed Mohammad Reza that caused a jump in Islam as the peoples defence against his brutality.

Don't put it past Begin to mark an entire religion for extermination for simply feeling punked. He was a true psycho. He was part of Zionist group that terrorized Britain and offered assistance to Hitler to stop Britain from regulating Jewish migration to a state some might remember, Palestine. Begin helped create Israel out of thin air,

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

How do you eradicate one of the worlds oldest religions held by more than a billion people? Watch. It is happening. I predict in less than 20 years from now, Islam will be all but completely outlawed. That means that more than a billion people will be persecuted.

Its founder was a 7th century conquerer (who believed marrying 8 year olds was acceptable)....
Off the top of my head I can think of the following religions that predate islam.
Hinduism
Buddhism
Judaism
Christianity
Taoism
Shintoism
Confucianism

As for your prediction of islams impending disappearance....wow, that may be the most ridiculous post on this thread.
There is a 0% chance islam will fall by the wayside...in fact, i would argue that it will become the world religion because its radical interpreters appear to be far and away more willful than any peoples in the history of mankind.

You actually agree with me unless your stated belief that Islam will become a threat, will not lead to it's destruction.

You counter my statement that it is persecuted, with the argument that they are a growing threat. think about that...
edit on 7-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So carpet bombing entire nations into submission isn't sociopathic?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ah thats better the title has been changed.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thank you

by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit- Removed inflammatory title.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

Cheers tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hinduism
Buddhism
Judaism
Christianity
Taoism
Shintoism
Confucianism

You actually agree with me unless your stated belief that Islam will become a threat, will not lead to it's destruction.

You counter my statement that it is persecuted, with the argument that they are a growing threat. think about that...

Islam is unequivocally growing at an exponential rate. This is an inarguable fact.
Wherever there have been minority religions in islamic states such as Zoroastrianism in iran, those religions have become completely supplanted and their members have been assimilated into the Muslim faith.
For this reason Islam is growing. Look at the Asiatic populations from Malaysia to New Guinea and you will find inarguable data to prove that Islam is growing.
Sidebar: imho, the tamil tigers are every bit the threat of ISIS but because it is occurring in the South Pacific reports are scarce.
The vastness of the Pacific has always served as a buffer for news and we rarely are presented with these stories from the mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join