It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS destroying another ancient archaeological site in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Iraqi officials in the northern city of Mosul said Saturday that militants with the Islamic State group have begun demolishing the ancient archaeological site of Hatra in northern Iraq in a push to rid its territory of symbols it says promote idolatry. An official with the ministry of tourism and antiquities' archaeological division in Mosul told The Associated Press that multiple residents living near Hatra heard two large explosions this morning, then reported seeing bulldozers begin demolishing the site. He spoke anonymously for fear of reprisal.

Well, I doubt we can blame this one Napolean as Muslim apologists did the Sphinx.
It is not surprising the Muslim radicals continue their destruction of priceless antiquities.
Theirs is an ideology long since bereft of humanity or curiosity or fascination with humanity's amazing, ancient past.
In radical islamic circles, intellectual enlightenment is frowned upon and all relics are considered solely from a religious zealots standpoint.
There is no appreciation for any history that does not contain Muhamed's influence.
So this leaves everything pre-seventh century to the fate of the wicked.
We now see on film these savages destroying a city whose walls fought off the mighty Romans and countless other invasions....my frustration with their idiocy grows with every passing minute. And the apologists in the media should be ashamed.
Modern civilization began and will end by the hand of these peoples.

Full Article

edit on 3/7/2015 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit- Removed inflammatory title.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Monsters.
It reminds me of the Nazi book burning.
When is the whole world gonna get together and wipe these monsters from the face of the planet?.
Just to add Iam talking about ISIS members not the peaceful muslims.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Can someone please make it stop?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Please change title to "CIA funded Syrian rebels destroying history again."

We probably gave them the bulldozers too....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I fear we have lost the opportunity to win this battle.
The west's social evolution outpaced these medieval savages and for that, we will be decimated and lost to the sands of time.
As has been the case in every part of the world where this virus takes hold, islam will win out.
Their lust for death far outweighs our love of enlightenment, freedom and most importantly LIFE.
How can you defeat 7th century sensibilities when approaching their dogmatic fanatacism with 21st century ideals.
If the Inquisition era spaniards had access to atomic bombs, the world would be a very lonely place.
Unfortunately, it is inevitable that muslim radicals(who share the inquisition's level of humanity) will acquire and use nukes. This is indisputable and terrifying.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just been reading more into this and they are making money by selling artifacts also.
I hope that anyone buying these can be put in jail.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Guess what. You could give everyone in Texas bulldozers and money and not a single one of us would destroy the alamo.
It is a matter of social evolution. These savages are incapable of viewing the world through any prism other than that of Muhamed's.
Again, even if i cede your point that the cia supplied the bulldozers, this doesnt excuse their behavior.
If kroger sells beer, are they responsible for drunk driving deaths? Where is the accountability?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just for clarification, OP, it is your statement that all of Islam, all Muslims, all 1.6 billion of them, are responsible for the actions of this terrorist group in Iraq.

Do I have that right?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah it is the fundie ones who we should be bothered about.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So why has it taken 1400 years for "Muslims" to work out that this is what Muhammaded (pbuh) "wanted"...

Could it be that your Islamophobia is shining through?

This city was fine before ISIS came along...
As were all the archeological/cultural wonders in the Middle East that ISIS has destroyed in the last 2 months...

No, of course, all of a sudden ISIS come along and "It's Islam"...

for you...

&
for ISIS.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The point is that the US created and funded these groups. And, we have allowed them to run free, killing and raping thousands of people so far. And yes, destroying many important historical sites.

So people like yourself will become enraged, and demand another war in the Middle East.

How can you explain the completely inept air campaign on ISIS? Several reports of weapons shipments directly to ISIS by British and US planes?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Muslims already have nukes....

Have for decades...

Only your Country has ever used them on people!!!

for you again!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Just for clarification, OP, it is your statement that all of Islam, all Muslims, all 1.6 billion of them, are responsible for the actions of this terrorist group in Iraq.

Do I have that right?

To clarify, their actions are related to Islam in the EXACT same fashion that the Inquisition era Spaniards actions were related to Christianity.
Does that answer your question as to my "statement" or, more accurately,,my tone?

-Christosterone

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Real title is: "IS destroying another ancient archaeological site in Iraq" you should have that changed to reflect the story not the hate you hold twards a religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Theirs is an ideology long since bereft of humanity or curiosity or fascination with humanity's amazing, ancient past.
In radical islamic circles, intellectual enlightenment is frowned upon and all relics are considered solely from a religious zealots standpoint.

All organized religions rejects intellectualism and free thinking, this is not exclusive to Islam.
It's important to learn the difference between this death cult and the millions of peaceful and entirely nice Muslims all over the world NOT murdering people, NOT destroying our ancient history, and NOT posing any threat to anyone.

There is no appreciation for any history that does not contain Muhamed's influence.
So this leaves everything pre-seventh century to the fate of the wicked.

The same can be said about Christianity and Catholicism, and even the Jewish, at various times throughout history.
You might want to go to the Vatican and demand they hand over the millions of pieces of ancient art they hide in their vaults either because they stole it and don't want to give it back, or because it threatens their position on Human history.

We now see on film these savages destroying a city whose walls fought off the mighty Romans and countless other invasions....my frustration with their idiocy grows with every passing minute. And the apologists in the media should be ashamed.
Modern civilization began and will end by the hand of these peoples.

Who are these "apologists" in the media"?
Who the hell is defending them in any way?

Again, enough with this convenient confusing of a death cult with normal Muslims, the two ARE NOT THE SAME.

If you want to claim this, you also have to call all Christians and Catholics child molesting perverts because a number of them were proven to be abusers.

These freaks are NOT the same as the average Muslim, they are sick individuals using their distorted religion as an excuse to be vile creatures.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Probably when the world stops sitting on its hands waiting for someone else (ahem... Jesus) to fix it for them. Also once people stop seeing this as a good thing because it brings about the Apocalypse of Revelation.

It's a win win for ISIS, not only do they want to bring about the destruction of the world and thus the Apocalypse, they have their "enemies" wishing for the same thing.

They've played us like a fiddle so far.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If the ruddy religious bring about the end.....I may have to go postal.
(I have my mad max style outfit ready to go).

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do I have that right?

Absolutely! We only specify and differentiate between religion and psychopaths when it's Christian or Jewish. For all other faiths, this simple equation should clear up your confusion: One adherent's actions = Sentiments of entire faith that adherent claims to represent.

Don't worry, it's a common mistake to think guilt-by-association is equally applied to all faiths.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Guess what. You could give everyone in Texas bulldozers and money and not a single one of us would destroy the alamo.
It is a matter of social evolution. These savages are incapable of viewing the world through any prism other than that of Muhamed's.
Again, even if i cede your point that the cia supplied the bulldozers, this doesnt excuse their behavior.
If kroger sells beer, are they responsible for drunk driving deaths? Where is the accountability?

I'm confused.

You now accept that we all have free will and we all make the choice to behave like animals and savages (which is a position I entirely agree with and use to confront those who claim the "CIA created ISIS", which is clearly irrational passing of the buck to another group of people), and then you still seem to want to claim that all Muslims are the same...

So which is it?
Do you think all Muslim's are the same and are somehow all responsible for the actions of these freaks, or do you believe in free will and accept that these individuals are responsible for their own actions?

You cannot possibly claim on one hand that individuals are responsible for their own actions, and then also claim that they're "made to do it" by the same religion that DOESN'T make millions of others do the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Muslims already have nukes....

Have for decades...

Only your Country has ever used them on people!!!

for you again!

I said Muslim radicals will use nukes. Not Muslims
Please read my posts before replying and trying to go off topic. My quote was "Muslim radicals"...
And I have countless times addressed their ideology as being tantamount to the inquisitions ideology as related to both of their parent religions.

And as for imperial Japan and our use of nukes on them I would encourage you to research their military prowess and there fervent will to fight down to every man, woman and child.
I would argue that imperial Japan's on forces were the equal of any that is ever existed.
Japan's military prowess, intellectual class, and industrial infrastructure was the envy of the world.
We bombed them back to the Stone Age and within two generations they were once again and economy and society that led the world.
Not to be too tangential, but Japan is the perfect example of a defeated foe who embraced American Exceptionalism and the MacArther constitution and, as a result, regained its status as a world leader (economically speaking).
The first constituional item Col. Whitney and Kaedes pushed for was that Japan never arm itself again because of our fear of this foe rising again....but i digress
This amazing country defeated the British in under seven weeks and very nearly defeated the mighty American Pacific forces.
I could go on and on about my love and respect for Japan, it's history and it's people but that is off-topic..
edit on 7-3-2015 by Christosterone because: Iphone speech to text is horrible

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join