It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS destroying another ancient archaeological site in Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
It is not surprising the Muslim radicals continue their destruction of priceless antiquities.

This is not about religion, and this is not about terror. This is about manufacturing outrage, and it is working. So...cui bono?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

It is not surprising the Muslim radicals continue their destruction of priceless antiquities.

This is not about religion, and this is not about terror. This is about manufacturing outrage, and it is working. So...cui bono?

Please elaborate on who and how i am being played.
Are filmed atrocities such as beheadings and museum desecrations being filmed by movie studios?
If so, are they equity film actors?
Are they sag?
Is there a kraft services table on the set?
Who is doing the filming?
Please explain to me so i can become as enlightened as you because if these films are being faked them I would love to see the proof so i can alter my opinions to the correct side of the argument.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Please elaborate on who and how i am being played...Please explain to me so i can become as enlightened as you because if these films are being faked them I would love to see the proof so i can alter my opinions to the correct side of the argument.

Oh, I never said that that what is being presented is at all faked. What I said was that this is not about religion. This is about creating revulsion. So, who benefits by that process? That is the question you want to answer.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thats why I agree with OB not even giving them the satisfaction of associating Islam with ISIS. They are just terrorist thugs.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Thats why I agree with OB not even giving them the satisfaction of associating Islam with ISIS. They are just terrorist thugs.

Jeebus take the wheel....seriously?!?
Islam is in their own self-titled acronym.
Again, they are describing themselves as Islamic....how, therefore, is the parent religion unrelated?!?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

They can describe themselves all they like but the fact is they are not following the teachings of Islam.
Why give them the satisfaction of agreeing they are following Islam when they are not?.
Don't get me wrong I hate all religion and wish it to end one day but you are playing into the terrorists hands and making them happy by associating them with Islam.
It's what they want.
They have played you like a fiddle.
So I agree with OB from now on I will refuse to give them the satisfaction and just call them terrorists.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The only British traitors who have gone out to fight for 'Islamic State' are self identified Muslims, no Christians, Hindu's, Atheists, Sikhs, just British Muslims.
It is a sectarian Islamic issue alone. The 'real' Sunni and Shia Islamic states need to get together and fix the problems of Wahhabi's with their capable troops, you know, Malaysia, Turkey, UAE, Jordan, Pakistan, Iran etc, but they all hate each other anyway so it probably won't happen.
It is not a problem for countries like mine with only 5% of the population being Muslim, and regardless of what 'IS' do, even biting the heads off live kittens for example, I don't want a single squaddie mate of mine being sent over there.
The arabs will still sell us their oil whoever is in charge of that region, we've done enough damage and it's time the Islamic nations fixed their own nasty little mess.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Again, they are describing themselves as Islamic....how, therefore, is the parent religion unrelated?!?

How many Baptists cuddle up to Westboro? How many dictatorships have "Democratic" in their country's name? Are Honey Nut Cheerios really cheery? Is it a coincidence that Evian spelt backwards is Naive?

edit on 8-3-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If the ruddy religious bring about the end.....I may have to go postal.
(I have my mad max style outfit ready to go).

I pray that you take another looking over the back shoulder photo of yourself in mad max gear. I have the spiderman outfit set as my wallpaper. I think about it every day. I've written several love notes to you in my mind.

I dedicate this to you.

edit on 8-3-2015 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Lol really?
I'm gonna have to make a website so I can make some cash.
Oh and thanks I think lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How many Baptists cuddle up to Westboro? How many dictatorships have "Democratic" in their country's name? Are Honey Nut Cheerios really cheery? Is it a coincidence that Evian spelt backwards is Naive?

Dear god, i will answer your "questions"...
1. Westboro Baptist Church protests and brings lunacy and intellectual foolishness to new heights. As far as I know the southern baptist convention has no association with them...even so, they are interpreting christianity's bible and i doubt anyone can argue that...but, last time i checked they werent bulldozing aztec ruins in mexico, taking over vast swathes of florida, nor beheading non christians. If they were to do anything more than exercising their right to free expression, the us government would act and they would be held accountable for any and all illegal activities.
2. "Democratic" is merely a term generally associated with any and all non-monarchy's....china is technically a democratic republic though voting is nearly impossible for all but the intellectual class. What you and i consider a free democracy is actually a delicacy afforded to the free peoples of the west. But technically any sort of voted upon ruling class can hijack the term "democratic" and not be lying.
3. If you don't think honey not Cheerios are cheery then I can't help you

4. Evian is part of the evian les bains resort district in france. It is indeed a coincidence that its name spells 'naive' backwards. Though i hardly see how that relates to savages destroying our shared history.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Just for clarification, OP, it is your statement that all of Islam, all Muslims, all 1.6 billion of them, are responsible for the actions of this terrorist group in Iraq.

Do I have that right?

I won't blame all Muslims for ISIS destroying all the ancient artifacts that's taking place. But it is curious that the rest of the Muslims doesn't seem too upset and/or intervening with what they're doing. It's giving an impression, at least to me, that they just don't care that their ancient culture is being wiped out. It seems the only culture they're interested in preserving is the misinterpretation of the texts written centuries ago, not the priceless millenia old relics.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristosteroneSigh.
The simple reason that we are being played because we do not currently hate Muslims quite enough, which is why the outrage is being created and skillfully communicated. It apparently works. Well. So ask why?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The simple reason that we are being played because we do not currently hate Muslims quite enough, which is why the outrage is being created and skillfully communicated. It apparently works. Well. So ask why?

Honestly I have no idea what you are talking about anymore.
I have attempted to address your banal commentary but this is becoming tiresome.
I can only assume you are goading me or that you lack any factual basis for your opinions because you are simply spouting ignorant platitudes.
Oddly, most platitudes typically have a basis in fact or at the very least a prejudice that is in some part quantifiable.
Your attempt at creating a philosophical quandary analysis is, in a word, childish.
I should have stopped when I read your Evian comment but like a train wreck I persisted in watching and reading your comments....and for that I am a dumber person. Thank you for that!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I get what he is saying...I may not agree 100% but I understand.
So please don't attempt to diss Canuck just because you don't understand him he is the number one favorite lumberjack on ATS.

Oh and here is his theme tune.

Better banel than blaming every Muslim for the actions of the few.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Those persons are truly the lowest for of life. They have utterly disregard in human life, no respect for their "parents", their "God", their "Children", their "race" and now their "Culture".

No more words can be said for such kind of human species.

Peace

And just who are you to judge?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Better banel than blaming every Muslim for the actions of the few.

Agreed, but it remains a fact that only Muslim men from Britain go out to fight for 'Islamic State', not Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Hindu's, Christians, Buddhists, or atheists.
I've no issue with any peaceful Muslim, but you've got to admit 'Islamic State' is a sectarian Islamic problem alone, Shias/Sunnis/Wahhabis. Not a war I'm interested in as a non-Muslim, let Malaysia, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, UAE, Jordan, etc deal with it...oh, but they all hate each other as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Honestly I have no idea what you are talking about anymore.
Don't let that trouble you. Life is more comfortable that way that way.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

the us doesnt have any crazy militant Islam groups slicing heads off, blowing up entire towns etc. so i think we are doing just fine. they need to handle their sh*t.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I agree were being played just not quite in the way your thinking. This isn't about wanting the west to hate Muslims. This is about Isis instilling fear you get people afraid of you and they run. Isis took over entire areas because the population ran from them.This is very similar to Vlad Tepas by him impaling his enemies on spikes he got a reputation for savage cruelty. Imagine marching to his castle and seeing hundreds of bodies displayed on spikes. Or when he nailed turbins of Turkish diplomats to their heads. And i won't quote him but bragged about killing woman and children by cutting off there heads.

With him it was a battle tactic he had a much smaller force so he used fear as a force multiplier much like Isis is doing now.
edit on 3/9/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join