It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Crazy am I to think I know where MH370 is? Jeff Wise in NY Magazine

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
If the Inmarsat data is fictional, which it is:

www.theatlantic.com...

Then the entire search of the Southern Indian Ocean is FAKE.
That article is dated May 8 2014 which was before Inmarsat released more data. After Inmarsat released more data, the guys mentioned in that article (like Exner, etc) updated their calculations in September 2014 to come up with this probable location:

www.duncansteel.com...

Continued analysis of the publicly-available information pertaining to the flight of MH370 has enabled us to improve our estimate of where the aircraft crashed into the southern Indian Ocean. Our ‘most probable’ end point is located at 37.71S 88.75E, slightly to the southwest of our previous solution, but further to the south than any of the currently announced potential search areas.
So they said it's the right ocean, but the search should be further south. That's quite a bit different than claiming the whole search is a fake.

They also mention the Jeff Wise article this thread is about and they distance themselves from it:
www.duncansteel.com...

Recent publications by Jeff Wise regarding the fate of MH370 have been incorrectly attributed to the IG. These stories have been published without the prior knowledge of the IG and do not reflect the position of the IG members.

In particular, the IG continues to believe that the search for MH370 in the Southern Indian Ocean should continue, and any recent suggestions that the view of the IG has changed are incorrect.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

If the Inmarsat data is fictional, which it is:

www.theatlantic.com...

Then the entire search of the Southern Indian Ocean is FAKE.

So they said it's the right ocean, but the search should be further south. That's quite a bit different than claiming the whole search is a fake.

In particular, the IG continues to believe that the search for MH370 in the Southern Indian Ocean should continue, and any recent suggestions that the view of the IG has changed are incorrect.

The "they" you refer to is "IG", a group of bloggers.

There is NO independent or peer reviewed corroboration of Inmarsat's BS theory pointing to the southern arc.

The search is fake because the principle used to indicate the plane being in the Southern Indian Ocean is fake.

Nobody but Inmarsat has been able to come to the same conclusions.

This is why Sir Timothy Clark has come out in the press to announce the transparent fallacy of the red herring search of the Southern Indian Ocean.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The "they" you refer to is "IG", a group of bloggers.

There is NO independent or peer reviewed corroboration of Inmarsat's BS theory pointing to the southern arc.
It's the same people referenced in the older article you cited, so you apparently thought their opinion was worth something when they questioned the southern arc but now they agree with it, just not the exact location at the end of the southern arc.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I guess that's why they split up.

"The IG operates by consensus. Any opinion that is expressed by an individual member of the group should not be attributed to the IG as a whole."

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: drock905
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that they have found 0 pieces of wreckage in 1 year. It would only seen possible if Jeff Wises conclusion is accurate... The plane went north.

they have zero evidence of ANYTHING happening after they lost contact...zilch, nada, nothing. it's all been speculation.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that they have found 0 pieces of wreckage in 1 year. It would only seen possible if Jeff Wises conclusion is accurate... The plane went north.

they have zero evidence of ANYTHING happening after they lost contact...zilch, nada, nothing. it's all been speculation.

Not quite.

They do have some radar telemetry.

The last fix had the plane clear of the Straights of Malacca and headed for Kazakhstan.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

According to Inmarsat's 'secret formula', it then did a U-turn and headed off to the middle of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't know if this gentleman is correct, but I am positive the 'official story' is wrong.

I don't trust him.

He was a member in good standing of the 'Official Story Club' 11 months ago when CNN was paying him.

Someone's paying him again.

My hunch?

He's taking the Northern Arc theory, which has been growing since Sir Clark's revelations, and is grafting the ever so trendy, 'Putin did it' meme onto it, in a attempt at damage control.

Wise's appearance now at the, soon to be announced, end of the ocean search is an effort at 'backspin' designed to file the mystery under 'Another Russian Intrigue'.

I don't believe MH370 landed at the Baikonur Cosmodrome.

I think the plane was headed in that direction, but under terrorist control and with the intention of one final hard landing in the Karakum desert.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This was the very first post about MH370 on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think 'Tenth' nailed it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Not quite.

The last fix had the plane clear of the Straights of Malacca and headed for Kazakhstan.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

According to Inmarsat's 'secret formula', it then did a U-turn and headed off to the middle of nowhere.

I heard that too, but were they able to positively ID that particular radar signature, as being the actual airliner?....if I'm wrong and they did, then I missed it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Not quite.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

I heard that too, but were they able to positively ID that particular radar signature, as being the actual airliner?....if I'm wrong and they did, then I missed it.

Well that's where the mystery lies.

IF as widely reported MH370 was sighted by "Military Radar" at that point and WASN'T identified, what's the point of military radar if NOT to allow for the interception of unidentified aircraft?

In all likelihood military radar was already aware of something being 'up' when the squawk started back at IGARI where MH370 went dark.

The question then becomes; was MH370 intercepted, post 9/11 protocol followed and the aircraft shot out of the sky?

If that's not a good reason for a cover-up I don't know what is?

A) deprive the hijackers of the headline
B) minimize the industry's public relations disaster
C) dissuade terrorists from further attempts
D) neutralize political ramifications of innocent foreign nationals being sacrificed
E) keep the money rolling in

Then Sir Tim calls BS on the Southern Indian Ocean and the whole autopilot/asphyxiation nonsense, which brings us back to the Northern Arc, where the plane's last heading would have taken it.

Did it make it to a terrorist held territory or was it intercepted?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The only way to make a 100% positive ID on an unknown radar blip is to scramble a plane and they said they didn't do that.

Before the Inmarsat analysis came out, Malaysia said they weren't completely sure their radar was tracking MH370. But after the Inmarsat data came out, it was consistent with that radar tracking, so semi-confirmation I suppose, but still less than 100%.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

yup, I agree with you, I think this whole thing stinks. too many pieces of evidence THAT SHOULD HAVE been found by now.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Military radar only shows a skin paint. There is no way to identify a plane just by that return.

Since when has it been the policy of every country to shoot down hijacked aircraft? Proof please not just your word.
edit on 3/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Military radar only shows a skin paint. There is no way to identify a plane just by that return.

I NEVER said Military radar "identified" MH370.

I wrote they would have "intercepted" an unidentified aircraft streaking through their airspace:

"IF as widely reported MH370 was sighted by "Military Radar" at that point and WASN'T identified, what's the point of military radar if NOT to allow for the interception of unidentified aircraft? "

DESPITE them saying they never launched their fighters and especially since the airwaves were full of inquiries into a missing plane.

Please read more carefully before posting detritus.

edit on -05:0033153532015-03-09T14:53:33-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

There was no way to say conclusively that it WAS MH370 was the point. So how can you say if they did or didn't identify it.

Way to dodge the point about every country in the world shooting down hijacked planes.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There was no way to say conclusively that it WAS MH370 was the point. So how can you say if they did or didn't identify it.

This is the final time I will answer that question from you.

I believe it likely they did attempt to intercept the aircraft at this point and if successful, could have shot it down.

Every conspiracy begins with a lie.

That MH370 wasn't "intercepted" could be the alpha lie in this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The intercept theory has some corroborating evidence.

A British Yachtswoman on passage to Phuket, Thailand, has had her story of seeing a flaming aircraft trailing black smoke, validated.

Her yacht's log shows it to be in the right place at the right time to have seen MH370 according to an estimate of speed and flight time.

www.phuketgazette.net...-image-0

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I read today in our local media (online newspaper) that a hand towel has washed up on a west Australian beach.
It is being tested to see if it came from that plane.
1%

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 3/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: my1percent
I read today in our local media (online newspaper) that a hand towel has washed up on a west Australian beach.
It is being tested to see if it came from that plane.
1%

A disposable towlette, in fact, with the Malaysian Airlines logo on it (in pristine condition after 4 months in the ocean).

The item was supposedly found in July, but is only now being reported. Hmmmm?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join