It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Extraterrestrial UFO Hypotheses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Well here's the thing;

humans aren't the pinnacle of creation;
we are simply one of a huge variety of 'nodes'
in a giant computer network, by which
(apparently) the 'universe' understands itself
and masturbates itself.

(the universe likes watching mutated chimpanzee
creatures have sex and kill each other apparently)

It really doesn't matter "to the universe" (or to anyone
else besides 'us') whether we 'grow up' or not.

We serve our function, which is to allow the unconscious
mind to process stuff and play it out, whether we are
aware of it or not.

Now the unconscious intelligence is really annoyed with
us these days, because we are so ego centered, and no
longer worship 'nature' like we once did.

Back when everyone felt 'plugged into nature' like good
little pagans, the vast network of human brains which
had formed a sense of unconscious 'super identity'
was happy.

Now we are all split, worrying about our 'souls' and our
'afterlives' and our 'personal evolution' and what not..
(none of which is even true in the sense people think)

thus we ignore why we are here at all.. which isn't
for 'ourselves' --- at least this is how the "UI"
(Unconscious intelligence) or "trickster" views
things.

That's the thing on ATS and elsewhere -- even the most
deeply 'expert' 'spiritual', 'religious' and 'ufo' people
generally know close to zero about the world we live
in and our part in it.

That's why I like these kind of posts --- they have the
potential for something worthwhile.

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

It's very simple.

"Primitive man" stretching to "pagan man" used their brain
in a different way than "post fall" "modern man".

They were more like animals and didn't block out 95% of their
environmental stimuli. There's a scientific term for it.. you
know.. if a train goes by your house daily at noon, eventually
you rarely hear it any longer.

Well, after monotheism destroyed the beautiful Earth, which
was due to the Sahara region drying up (read the 'Fall'),

the 'modern rational' (asshole) mind took over, due to the dog
eat dog survival situation.

What mystics and writers like Brad Steiger, Keel, Vallee call
'the unconscious intelligence' or 'the trickster', etc. was in
fact a large part of the human brain/mind/culture and
RELATIONSHIP with electromagnetic and geomagnetic
forces ---- BEFORE the 'fall'.

So that part of us, which under certain circumstances can
manipulate EM fields strongly enough to cause so-called
paranormal / UFO type effects is VERY annoyed with us
(humans) for abandoning our relationship with 'it',
'post fall'. (fall of the neolithic/pagan way of life).

So it acts out trying to get our attention.. tries to
'materialize itself' in the world, so that we have to
see it and deal with it.. and stop ignoring it.

It's just that simple.

I wish someone would put together the other 30%
of the picture and write about it so that I don't
have to.

I do have 2500 words that Brad Steiger asked me to
write for his new book coming out, which discusses
a tangental part of this subject. It will be out
by October.

Kev

Thank you for a far more succinct explanation of the breakdown of the bicameral mind than I could have managed. Patrick Harpur also argues that the daimonic realm is trying to get our attention. In the modern world, that pretty much requires a slap in the face. I look forward to reading your contribution to Brad Steiger's book. Do remind us when it is released.

That was also part of Jung's theory. The UFOs represented the other portion of our psyche trying to break through as we aren't integrated anymore. His premise was that the more sober minded non-spiritual people were most likely to have this happen though it doesn't seem like that has held true.

I wonder, though, whether it might be true. It would be far easier for spiritual people to talk about so maybe that skews the reports.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Well here's the thing;

humans aren't the pinnacle of creation;
we are simply one of a huge variety of 'nodes'
in a giant computer network, by which
(apparently) the 'universe' understands itself
and masturbates itself.

(the universe likes watching mutated chimpanzee
creatures have sex and kill each other apparently)

It really doesn't matter "to the universe" (or to anyone
else besides 'us') whether we 'grow up' or not.

We serve our function, which is to allow the unconscious
mind to process stuff and play it out, whether we are
aware of it or not.

Now the unconscious intelligence is really annoyed with
us these days, because we are so ego centered, and no
longer worship 'nature' like we once did.

Back when everyone felt 'plugged into nature' like good
little pagans, the vast network of human brains which
had formed a sense of unconscious 'super identity'
was happy.

Now we are all split, worrying about our 'souls' and our
'afterlives' and our 'personal evolution' and what not..
(none of which is even true in the sense people think)

thus we ignore why we are here at all.. which isn't
for 'ourselves' --- at least this is how the "UI"
(Unconscious intelligence) or "trickster" views
things.

That's the thing on ATS and elsewhere -- even the most
deeply 'expert' 'spiritual', 'religious' and 'ufo' people
generally know close to zero about the world we live
in and our part in it.

That's why I like these kind of posts --- they have the
potential for something worthwhile.

Kev

I'm enjoying your contributions. Rather than adding to (or subtracting from) this particular post of yours I'd rather just reflect on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Humans do have neural plasticity.. in other words it IS
possible for humans to dig themselves out of the hole
they have created.

It would take education. We'd need to throw away
religion, spirituality and ufology and some other
on's, ity's and ologies and study some history and
some fringe science and bring into the mainstream
the very topic we are discussing here.

Then we'd have to live what we have learned.

Of course people like their fringe thinking so
much, that it's unlikely to get a group of people
together with that much maturity.

You'd almost have to design a new spiritual
system, one that could 'infect' a lot of people,
and feed it back towards the source of the
control loop --- like Vallee would say.

I think there are groups attempting to do
just that.

I can't save the human race.

Sorry.

But I'm happy to talk some.. Maybe do
a feeble little contribution.

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Hers an interesting take on the Ultraterrestrail phenomenon

Crowley, men in black, and how all this connects

Very entertaining and different take on this

All that I have learned in UFOlogy, where I started out looking for “advanced beings from other planets” like everyone else - has taught me that we humans are, in potential, the most advanced, developed beings in the galaxy. The positive aliens are here not to help, but like the Magi in the Nativity Story, to witness the birth of The New Being. The Grays, insectoids and other vampiric nightmares from dying stars are here to suck out a little of the life energy that they themselves have so little of, and to delay the inevitable evolution of humanity triumphant. Mark Probert’s 16 Guardians are merely the first. We, as they tell us, and as intercepted cipher messages have told me and all with eyes to see, will someday be the Coming Guardians ourselves.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

After a few billion years, all the elder species are bored
beyond tears; like in Babylon 5, they have all gone
'beyond the rim'.

It's just us now.

(Maybe)

Kev

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Hers an interesting take on the Ultraterrestrail phenomenon

Crowley, men in black, and how all this connects

Very entertaining and different take on this

All that I have learned in UFOlogy, where I started out looking for “advanced beings from other planets” like everyone else - has taught me that we humans are, in potential, the most advanced, developed beings in the galaxy. The positive aliens are here not to help, but like the Magi in the Nativity Story, to witness the birth of The New Being. The Grays, insectoids and other vampiric nightmares from dying stars are here to suck out a little of the life energy that they themselves have so little of, and to delay the inevitable evolution of humanity triumphant. Mark Probert’s 16 Guardians are merely the first. We, as they tell us, and as intercepted cipher messages have told me and all with eyes to see, will someday be the Coming Guardians ourselves.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

But why do we need to learn the same thing over and over thousands of times?

It's not a process of learning, it's a process of alignment. We follow a protagonist through a story to see if their process agrees with us. learning might happen.

Scumbag Brain

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

But why do we need to learn the same thing over and over thousands of times?

It's not a process of learning, it's a process of alignment. We follow a protagonist through a story to see if their process agrees with us. learning might happen.

Scumbag Brain

Then the question becomes why this process of alignment is sought or needed thousands of times.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yes, as I've read more and more of threads like this one, I do consider myself "lucky" not to have had (or be having) experiences with things of 'paranormal' nature...

Have you ever conjectured as to why those "haunting" things happened to you as a child?

Also, did you have any connection to the military? Because in my reading, I've found that most people who experienced 'stuff' as children either had relatives in the service or lived near military bases..

(Sorry, Mr. Tangerine, if that last question is off topic - I felt it needed to be asked, given wtb's history)

It's a legitimate question although I haven't noticed that, myself, in talking to people. Of course, I might not have been asking the right questions.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This phenomena is ideoplastic in that it is shaped by our ideas about it and responses to it. This makes it very difficult to study because we seem ill-equipped to understand even ourselves. We have bizarre notions about our abilities to recognize truth or even define what that means. We are easily deceived by others. We lie to ourselves. Experiences with unbounded phenomena shatters or morphs our probably illusory boundaries and discombobulates us. Perhaps our need for stories is a mechanism by which we constantly reset our boundaries. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Stories are just a result of communication, some will often brag about stories just to make them selves feel better out of insecurity, or lie about details to make it theatrical, like joking. However, would someone be joking around if they saw something actually out of the ordinary as to whereas some switch went off in their brain, but ether the non believer or the believer who experiences they still wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

Then are mental blocks that could be result like lying to ones self about actual reality like to others, like cheating on a test you never study for, and for one moment in your life, you wished you did? But that could be enigma in itself though, just of being a byproduct of life, going through a micro evolution of limited or strict perceptions to lucidity or open mindness.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself, but beware the grizzly bear that treading to you.
edit on 21-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
This phenomena is ideoplastic in that it is shaped by our ideas about it and responses to it. This makes it very difficult to study because we seem ill-equipped to understand even ourselves. We have bizarre notions about our abilities to recognize truth or even define what that means. We are easily deceived by others. We lie to ourselves. Experiences with unbounded phenomena shatters or morphs our probably illusory boundaries and discombobulates us. Perhaps our need for stories is a mechanism by which we constantly reset our boundaries. Thoughts?

Every unique set of experiences (even just sensory inputs) starts
to create a unique being, if there is basic sentience there to
remember and react.

Back in the old days, 4000 BC+, when humans were more group
orientated (it takes a village to...etc) than individual ego
orientated, the collection of network brains which are humans,
in conjunction with a few other inputs from nature,

caused a more uniform 'racial unconscious' .. and in fact
something like a uniform being came to be..

but now with everyone having a relatively strong and
separate ego, that former relatively sane and peaceful
'super being' of the racial unconscious is now chopped
up into a billion pieces, composed of mentally ill,
deranged killers (regular human beings).

It's no wonder that all this crap is ejected from the
racial unconscious.. gods.. devils.. demons..
and now aliens with anal probes.

We were once a uniform being that knew what it was
and it's place in the world.. and understood the
world..

now we are psychotic; that's why the stories are so
crazy.. so disjointed.

It's not that the 'control loop', 'racial unconscious',
'trickster', 'alien intelligence' or 'god' is so disjointed
or hard/impossible to understand..

we the creators of this mess are the disjointed
lens making it be this way.

Kev

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

They were more like animals and didn't block out 95% of their environmental stimuli.

Do humans block out 95% of their environmental stimuli? I'd like to see some evidence for that claim.

There's a scientific term for it.. you know.. if a train goes by your house daily at noon, eventually you rarely hear it any longer.

I suspect the scientific term for it is 'getting used to it'. And animals behave in exactly the same way.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Stepping slightly outside of Jung for a minute, is it possible that something is manipulating or simulating these archetypes for whatever agenda?

Stepping slightly outside of Jung, archetypes don't exist. They're his (conceptual) invention.

Speaking for myself, I don't believe they have any objective existence; they are purely mental constructs, reflections of our unconscious instincts and tropisms.

Could something be manipulating these drives and tropes? Of course it could. In such cases the prime suspects would be (1) parasites and (2) other human beings. Logically, one would have to eliminate these two possibilities before considering a third.

Besides, if someone or something intelligenct is trying to manipulate us via a 'UFO syndrome', they don't seem to be doing it very well. Most people are oblivious to the UFO subculture and rarely think about them. And — as you and others pointed out in response to LiveForever8's post — the cover story is hardly one calculated to soothe and calm people, is it?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

If I encounter a dog or a human, I sometimes perceive that they are trying to control me -- usually in a pretty benign way (ie. "Like me". "Pet me". "Leave me alone.") I'm pretty sure they perceive that I'm trying to do the same to them. Dogs, in particular, seem to pick up on "vibes".

Hi Tangerine,
I think body langauge (including eye pupil size), verbal language (both voice tone/timbre as actual words uttered) and smell (e.g. semiochemicals) go a long way in explaining "vibes", both inter- as intra-species, and both based on our previous experiences of these 'stimuli' (and their modulation or absence) as on our innate reactions.
That being said, if in our past we have experienced an emotion and linked that emotion to a stimulus (e.g. being cuddled by our mother whose favourite perfume was jasmine), and later in life we experience that stimulus (e.g. smelling jasmine on a night walk), the mind will recall our mother's embrace and presence, and we might mistakenly interprete that as a benign physical presence from e.g. 'good extradimensional beings', 'guardian angels', 'forrest fairies', depending on the believe system we were brought up in or came to believe. The mind is a powerful thing and 'trickster', as we might even be convinced having heard the words 'I love you' (what is what your mother would say while cuddling you) on that particular night walk, and having no clue it was the faint jasmine smell that triggered all of these experiences.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

1. What complexes of behaviour, what instincts, are responsible for their manifestation?

2. Why do they present themselves in this particular apparitional/narrative context?

Good questions! They might be better aimed at others as I can’t answer them.

Perhaps, when the person sees the UFO, his reality has already shifted. Needn't have anything to do with 'mental illness'.

I don’t doubt this and its effects are inevitably going to fatally skew the validity of data held in various sightings databases. Some people are predisposed to explaining lights in the skies as UFOs and they have a ready-made narrative about what ‘UFO’ means to them.

Where I refer to subsequent ‘shifts out of synch,’ it was to highlight a real effect experienced by some witnesses. Not a shift in the sense of ‘little green men’ or ‘must be aliens,’ rather than they can find themselves at odds with conventional explanations. For example, in a multiple witness case where they report seeing a ‘daylight disc,’ the overwhelming response from society is to doubt them. Explanations would be imposed that run from delusions to hoaxes to misperceptions and, yes, most of the time such impositions would be correct.

I’m reminded of a wonderful correspondence between Donalf Menzel and William B. Nash that highlights this process. Nash and Fortenberry remained resolute that they’d seen material, flying discs and Menzel was insistent that they had not. The interaction is seasoned by the intelligence and articulacy of the pair. Nash and Fortenberry’s reports remained ‘unknown’ in the Blue Book files and Nash could only make sense of it as ‘interplanetary.’

For myself, I was with friends on a beach where we, and another group of strangers, saw a red light zig-zag across the night sky in around four seconds – possibly ~12 observers in total. It couldn’t have been a meteor or errant part of a rocket launch; neither did it appear to be a ‘spaceship’ or of ‘alien’ origin. It was just that, a zig-zagging light that doesn’t attract an easy explanation. For someone like me, if it hadn’t been for the others there, I’d discard the experience as imagination/misperception. Was it intelligent, one of 'ours,' a group hallucination or something else altogether?

In reference to liminality, it leaves a lack of certainty and a blurring of what we can all agree upon. When I read or listen to people ridiculing such reports or seeking to impose their own explanations, I’m in a position of knowing they can be mistaken. Naturally, it can also lead a person to question some aspects of reality at large. Your points about sensory data and our four-dimensional universe are well made and they could, in the future, explain such experiences.
In the meantime, the uncertainty can be loosely compared to Plato’s Allegory in the Cave as indeed you allude to with 'Time itself may be nothing but an illusion suffered by unhappy mortals.'

In terms of the thread topic, the liminality that’s left after an unusual experience provokes unforeseen consequences and makes some beliefs malleable. As we see so often, people can lose their way, mentally unravel or leap to unfounded certainties. In the meantime, I enjoy reading others’ thoughts and speculations and try to suspend judgement. At the same time, it can be an interesting pursuit with so many areas of philosophy, psychology and science being necessary to remain grounded.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I was really into it and I thought I was writing this killer report. Well I got the paper back with red ink all over it and parts circled and a line going to "BULL S##T!". That was a tough one.

That sounds like a keeper! I had a similar response to an assignment on binary oppositions in structuralism. It's heavy stuff and I'd never studied it. The lecturer had a WTF moment when my assignment turned up. Knowing nothing, I'd lastminute dot commed it and written 2500 words about heroes and villains in the movies. Nothing at all to do with the assignment. The lecturer wrote a scathing reply and queried if university was the 'right environment.'

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

'What evolutionary advantage is conferred by the complex of instinctive behaviour that generates or projects the archetype?' Sadly, I don't feel qualified to answer it.

On the contrary: by phrasing the question, I think you have answered it.

Evolutionary advantages (in the broad sense) are the set of 'tools' we possess or develop in order to propagate our genes by procreation and protecting our offspring. Developing 'intelligence' (+-mind) is one of Homo sapiens' responses to be able to better protect ourselves from the elements and competitors, gather food, avoid predaters, etc. to achieve this propagation.

Both mythological as Jungean archetypes (innate or acquired mind artifacts) can fulfill these criteria, no? Being able to distinguish a Caregiver from a Jester might give you (and your offspring) an advantage in life. As well as identifying Snakes, Lokis, evil step-mothers or malign ethereal beings.

(by the way: really enjoying your posts)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Spiritual... spiritual deception.

Their script is the movie contact...

Occult UFO Wakeup....

Previous in the series was titled "Illuminati Card Game - UFO Cards Explained"

The thing is ; if you can't prove the info false, then it 'must' be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join