It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Extraterrestrial UFO Hypotheses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Tangerine

I wonder why we were so receptive to his stories that they imbedded themselves in our collective psyche. As Keel's article mentions, Ivan Sanderson started the Bigfoot ball rolling. What is it about our psyches that some stories find a permanent home and others don't stick?

That fits right in with the Jungian archetype theory. Universal ideas or symbols that are somehow part of the human psyche. So the stories that connect with those gain mythic power while those that don't do not.

Right. What is it about those particular stories (UFOS and Bigfoot) that are part of the human psyche? Perhaps the common response to interpret them as physical is a reaction to the difficulty we modern humans have accepting the numinous.

I'm sure you know this and I'm repeating what most here know but that was a major point of Jung's book: That people were mistaking spiritual reality for physical reality. For myself, I really feel like I saw "something" and there were other people who saw them, too, but I suppose everyone feels that way.

I'm sure that's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you and they saw was entirely or fundamentally physical in nature. A different way of explaining this, and I'm not claiming that this is literally true, although it may be, is that everything vibrates and those things and beings with a slow or low vibration seem more material than those things with a rapid or high vibration. For example, a rock would have a low vibration and an apparition would have a high vibration. Just an idea, of course.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Tangerine

Before the True Believers arrive to burn you for heresy, I would like to suggest a number natural phenomena both known and as yet unknown that might be considered, in order of "strangeness":

1) Ball lightning
2) Other not yet fully understood electromagnetic phenomena
3) Telluric currents (eg; "earth lights" associated with earthquakes
4) Particle interactions not yet predicted by theoreticians
5) Phenomena associated with intersecting or colliding branes

All of these possibilities suggest that accurate and objective observation of the phenomena could open entire new worlds of understanding physical reality. That is why I find the hoaxers, fantasists and True Believers to be so counter-productive.

The two books in my signature line, between them, explain something
like 70% of all UFO, paranormal, spirituality and religion; and both are
very much in agreement and on-topic to your response and this post
in general. Two little unappreciated gems.

Kevin

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I continually come back to the Jung book.

A big part of that is the very strange and unexplainable perceptions of synchronicity I experienced while obsessed with the topic of UFOs which also has been discussed by other researchers. This was connected to my own personal spiritual history so it felt to me like a psychological and/or spiritual event and it had nothing to do with the perception of any "aliens." Just the same as many of those who have seen UFOs feel that what they saw was without question physical reality I feel like these experiences must have been paranormal even though that is outside my present paradigm. On the other hand I realize it was subjective reality and there could possibly be other explanations.

. I always think of John Keel investigating the mothman sightings and the weirdness he experienced. I suspect most of us would have responded by getting the hell out of Dodge. Any thoughts about why delving into the paranormal produces strange phenomena?

I should have given that thought, I suppose. I actually have no idea. My hardcore immersion into UFOs was twenty years ago now and is fuzzy. I remember that I was reading Messengers of Deception and the Mothman Prophecies, some strange things started happening and I became afraid that if I continued I would meet the Men in Black. So I abruptly stopped all my research, put everything out of my mind and went back to my previous life. It felt "real" but somehow I was aware that it was the result of where I was putting my attention and that I could stop it by directing my mind elsewhere.

I've read Mothman Prophecies several times over the years. The last time I read it was a number of years ago (I should reread it again). While reading it, the phone rang. It was a friend calling to tell me he had taken a job offer in Pt. Pleasant (the location of the Mothman events). Neither of us lived anywhere near that state and, prior to that phone call, neither of us had mentioned that state or that particular location. It was chilling.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Thanks for the book suggestions.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: lostgirl

Oh yes, I absolutely do! In fact, I think that my continued existence may be attributed to the help of such entities. It's just that they don't insinuate themselves into your life the way the bad ones do, in fact, you normally don't even know when they are around.

That's a very good point. A very very good point.

Any entity you can perceive tends to be 'bad' for humans,
as we get obsessed with them and destroy our lives due to
our deluded views of ourselves and our confused interactions
with them.

ALL the 'good ones' stay clear of us as much as possible,
except in the rare circumstance of a human who has
trained themselves not to wig out over them --- but in
that case there is also very little 'personal benefit' to
perceiving such a being.

It's like 'having power'; the only people appropriate
for 'it' are those who don't want it and wouldn't use
it 'for themselves'.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the book suggestions.

Your welcome.

I have an offer from a major celebrity in this field to
endorse 'my book' if I write it, but really, if people
were to just read those two books, and perhaps
'The Invisible College' by Vallee, that would cover
70% of what I have to share -- so I'm pondering not
bothering with the other 30%. I'm pretty lazy I guess.

Kev

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Don't be lazy Kev, that 30% might hold unfathomable riches for folks like us here. I am always anxious to read that stuff that is just outside the 'mainstream'.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I know first hand that there are things out there, or beings or whatever you want to call them, and they are deceitful and malicious in nature.

Just curious whether you think there might be any 'good' ones?

I would imagine that they have their own agendas and whether that is good or bad for us would be a matter of perception. I would think that it's risky to assume that they're "good".

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I wonder why we were so receptive to his stories that they imbedded themselves in our collective psyche. As Keel's article mentions, Ivan Sanderson started the Bigfoot ball rolling. What is it about our psyches that some stories find a permanent home and others don't stick?

That fits right in with the Jungian archetype theory. Universal ideas or symbols that are somehow part of the human psyche. So the stories that connect with those gain mythic power while those that don't do not.

Right. What is it about those particular stories (UFOS and Bigfoot) that are part of the human psyche? Perhaps the common response to interpret them as physical is a reaction to the difficulty we modern humans have accepting the numinous.

I'm sure you know this and I'm repeating what most here know but that was a major point of Jung's book: That people were mistaking spiritual reality for physical reality. For myself, I really feel like I saw "something" and there were other people who saw them, too, but I suppose everyone feels that way.

I'm sure that's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you and they saw was entirely or fundamentally physical in nature. .

Right. Actually, with the last "UFO" I saw the other witnesses I talked to and heard about later saw something different than me---a more concrete, distinct craft. So that tells me it definitely had a subjective component. It was also a very strange experience in that it was at four o'clock in the afternoon, seemingly very close and moving slowly back and forth over the city. I watched it for awhile, decided I had no idea what it could be and just got back in my car and went about my business. I didn't even wait to see what happened or talk to most of the people who had stopped on the street to watch it. I barely gave it a second thought until I heard it being discussed on the radio the next day at which point I realized how strange it really was. I still can't understand my lack of interest or state of mind at that time considering my involvement in the subject.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Alright dude, so we can talk about the means by which they control but not the controllers themselves?

Yea from personal frightening experience they are here.. god knows why. They control through dreams and use archetypes and dream symbology to manipulate daily lives. All these mythologists were half right, these #en things use psychology and sleep with arechtypical imagery to maneuver their next step. Their means I understand their ends scare the living # out of me.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I would think that it's risky to assume that they're "good".

Oh no, I would never assume that anything I encountered in that realm was good just because I got a good feeling from it or the message resonated with me. Been there, done that almost 40 years ago and I still have scars from it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm sure that's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you and they saw was entirely or fundamentally physical in nature. .

Right. Actually, with the last "UFO" I saw the other witnesses I talked to and heard about later saw something different than me---a more concrete, distinct craft. So that tells me it definitely had a subjective component. It was also a very strange experience in that it was at four o'clock in the afternoon, seemingly very close and moving slowly back and forth over the city. I watched it for awhile, decided I had no idea what it could be and just got back in my car and went about my business. I didn't even wait to see what happened or talk to most of the people who had stopped on the street to watch it. I barely gave it a second thought until I heard it being discussed on the radio the next day at which point I realized how strange it really was. I still can't understand my lack of interest or state of mind at that time considering my involvement in the subject.

I was a passenger in a car and both I and the driver saw a UFO in the sky some distance from us. We watched it move parallel to us for several miles until it disappeared. The strange thing about this was that I had a camera on my lap the entire time and it never occurred to me to take a photograph.
edit on 20-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I find this theory very interesting because if the intelligence behind the UFO is terrestrial then it must have formed in an Anti-Earth or parallel dimension to Earth. Maybe this intelligence has avoided extinction since the first formation of life on this planet, thus so advanced. Maybe extinction events happen in our multi-dimensions? It's tough to say, we don't know if multi-dimensions or a parallel-Earh exist. Or maybe this multi-dimensional being is the entire dimension itself, and is immortal? More or less a layer of energy in String Theory perhaps?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I would think that it's risky to assume that they're "good".

Oh no, I would never assume that anything I encountered in that realm was good just because I got a good feeling from it or the message resonated with me. Been there, done that almost 40 years ago and I still have scars from it.

Would you like to tell us more about it?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That strange thing about this was that I had a camera on my lap the entire time and it never occurred to me to take a photograph.

That's very common. I never once thought about that when I witnessed strange things. At least until afterwards...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Unless the camera is on roll. Taking photographs is the last autonomous act performed by a person scared #less and in awe so I don't blaim you.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Alright dude, so we can talk about the means by which they control but not the controllers themselves?

Yea from personal frightening experience they are here.. god knows why. They control through dreams and use archetypes and dream symbology to manipulate daily lives. All these mythologists were half right, these #en things use psychology and sleep with arechtypical imagery to maneuver their next step. Their means I understand their ends scare the living # out of me.

I guess that depends on who/what you think the controllers are. There are multiple threads filled with people talking about ETs. This one is devoted to other hypotheses about what is going on in regard to UFOs. If you're referring to Vallee's control system, I don't think he's referring to extra-terrestrials. Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Would you like to tell us more about it?

I can't tell my story here because of the personal nature but if you'd like to talk more I am certainly fine with a PM.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I'm referring to my own personal experience, what more denotes life?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Unless the camera is on roll. Taking photographs is the last autonomous act performed by a person scared #less and in awe so I don't blaim you.

That makes sense but I wasn't terrified and I wasn't exactly in awe. I was curious. I may have been a bit nervous after it kept parallel to us for miles but it was quite far away and never got closer. I pointed it out to the driver who initially dismissed it but, after a few miles, he spent as much time looking at it as the road. It happened so many years ago that my recollection of my emotions probably isn't too accurate. I don't even recall whether I thought about taking a photo and decided against it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join