It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coral Castle Mystery 100% Solved with 1930's Film Footage!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As much as I'd love for Ed to have used higher dimensions and energies, this explanation just makes more sense for what amounts to a large pile of rock cleverly levered into place.

Some folks have a whole lot invested in Ed the Wizard of Florida... and will be... resistant to this explanation.

So it goes...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

I did not read the books but I briefly read about the contents on a few webpages and the way I take it if I remember correctly he expressed that our science only got the half right about magnetism or something along those lines. That for me is interesting. It is just an opinion about them based on few read descriptions and explanations.

But this was a few years ago when I read about him so my memory is fuzzy

What I am thinking is that he maybe really figured out something about gravity which could helped him in some way with his work. When we take in consideration his published material we can see that there was definitely something going on in his head. But due to his very introverted and secret nature we will maybe never know for sure...But yeah maybe he was just writing his stuff for fun...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Great building either way and it's been fun wondering about it for years. Knowing the secret, if this is it, won't change how much I enjoy the structure and the story. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its great to know his ability's of leveling and balancing technique from drop chains, pulleys & tripods No magnetic or Anti Gravity involvement ( just maybe for the Final Touches of Stock Block Placement )

Interesting...

But theirs is a Problem...

Why these Books ... The Ops Videos narrator left that out...

and just why the Interest ? of Magnetic Currents & Fields ?

Magnetic Current Paperback
by Edward Leedskalnin (Author)

www.amazon.com...

Here ATS Have a Copy !

Magnetic Current - Illustrated (1945)
archive.org...

Reprint from Ed Leedskalnin Advertisement
The Miami Daily News 1945
www.labyrinthina.com...

????

ED LEEDSKALNIN on POLITICS
www.luckymojo.com...

( In the Mind of ED ED LEEDSKALNIN )

A Book in Every Home: Containing Three Subjects: Ed's Sweet Sixteen, Domestic and Political Views
www.amazon.com...

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago248 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

But theirs is a Problem...
Why these Books ... The Ops Videos narrator left that out...

and just why the Interest ? of Magnetic Currents & Fields ?

The problem is...the world doesn't work the way Ed thought. His theories are not compatible with reality. That's sort of a show stopper.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would like to humbly offer this fine WikiPedia entry for crank.

Crank (person)

Ed was a classic crank. He was a really neat guy and an awesome mover-of-stones, but he was also a crank.

God bless his cranky soul.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just because Ed can do it with ropes and pulleys doesn't mean the ancients didn't have help from aliens!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It was only a mystery to those who wanted it to be. The footage and pictures of the block and tackle have been around to find.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This news washed over me like a wave of bittersweet melancholy.
Then it left me with a fresh, new optimism and excitement for something new.

There was a part of me that knew better, but the fantastical science people would put together to try and explain it was far too exciting to ignore (gr8b8m8).

This emotional Leedskalnin rollercoaster had me interested in learning more about magnetism and electricity, I learned so much and with such enthusiasm and I have learned a lot over the last few years.
It has influenced my art (day job) in a great number of ways.

Now I'm really interested in balance, geometry and the simple, down to earthiness of the reality. It is still amazing and I wish I had the land and resources to attempt something of my own.

On another note:
First post, yay!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

I, personally, would do the same thing.
Night time is quieter, it's my most productive time and it's much cooler than daytime.
Doing this physical work in the sun day in/day out would be so uncomfortable.
Also, as an artist, I don't like people watching me work.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
You cannot levitate a stone with sound.

Actually, scientists are able to achieve levitation with acoustics.

Not quite stones, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: aboutface
Good time to post this one again.

Thanks for the vid. Proves that many techniques were lost before we had the ability to archive and share techniques with video and printed word.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
You guys obviously don't know the full story about Ed.

When Ed was making his castle, he would only work at night, and not let anyone see how he moved the stones. He would stop working when people came over, and nobody saw any tripods or chains when he was working at night. He was using a technique that he didn't want anyone to see, ever. Then his castle / home was raided by men in suits, and they took his devices, and told him to stop what he was doing and never do it again, or else.

After he was threatened, that is when he started working in the day time using pulleys and tripods, because he wasn't allowed to use his real technique. He explains his real technique in his writings, but in secret. He tells you how to do several experiments to study magnetic current, and all those experiments combined create a bigger picture, and tell you exactly how he moved the stones.

Some of the stones Ed put in place are too big for the pulleys and chains and tripod he had.

There is more to this than you think. I guess it's just easier for some to believe nothing special took place.

If you can get Ed to come on here and post a response to verify what you said is true, then I'll believe you. Until then you sound like you're hoping Ed had paranormal powers. Ed is a normal thinking human who is curious and inventive, that's all.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

---

NOT TRUE !!!

Actually you CAN levitate a stone with sound
By creating a Series of STANDING WAVES of enough amplitude that can support the weight required. Look on youtube for FERRO FLUID STANDING WAVES for examples of standing
waves.

One experiment I personally know of was able to
levitate a 500 ton slab of steel (i.e. ONE MILLION
POUNDS!) using sound and a standing wave medium similar to ferro fluid. AND they could
Raise and lower the slab by changing the amplitude of the acoustic pressure waves.

Change the time domain of the sound waves
And the steel slab was MOVED ACROSS the standing wave medium like a foam block
pushed across a pond by the tiniest of ripples.

The source of the pressure waves was a Soundblaster Audio Card running a Windows
WAV file creating using Sony Sound Forge
Audio editor sent to a series of large and
Powerful transducers in a pool of ferro fluid-like
Pressure wave enhancing medium. ONCE the standing waves were fully underneath the slab
Amplitude was increased until the slab FLOATED
Upwards balanced on their peaks. The slab could be moved simply by lowering the amplitude coming from any one set of transducers so that
the slab slid downwards onto the lower series
of standing wave peaks.

Truly AMAZING TECHNOLOGY but rather SIMPLE
in concept and operation!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: amy2x

Agreed, no magic needed. Just a simple technique with a sound base to hold the block and tackle with 28 years or so to build it.... That first stone would've been hell to get up. After you get some room created to stand you would have an opportunity to get parallel to the surface of the ground. Phage it is a good time to bring up the Stonehenge technique demonstration. I too had not seen this video. I especially like the people running around in the scene he is lifting the blocks. Great find! Someone pointed out that box and it does look odd still.

a few examples

www.tpub.com...

one using a flat metal top with legs in metal tubes

www.basspro.com...

d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net...

I cant find one quite like this one in the OP.

kudos on the find.

edit on 19-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think Stonehenge was ancient barbeque site

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

This has got nothing what so ever to do with how Ed Leedskalnin built the Coral Castle.We're talking about a man who had these as his 'research laboratory'.........

And was able to generate a mere few watts of power by hand cranking this....

As well as being a genius independent builder,Ed was a showman,and it seems a very good one.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: amy2x

Good post! I always wondered, now I know!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman Thank you. Good links. The box was just part of the Equipment. Chris mentions it in the video.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Chainblock, I love them. You can lift a car using little effort using them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join