It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coral Castle Mystery 100% Solved with 1930's Film Footage!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
At 7:44 in the OP's video, even the narrator says Ed would only work at night, and be cryptic when people asked how he made his Castle....

Think about it...

Why would anyone ask how he built his castle? He was obviously using pulleys and chains right? He didn't ever hide his pulleys and chains, so people could see them laying around, but people still asked him how? Why? Because he didn't always use pulleys and chains, he had another method. People who lived in his neighborhood noticed that, and caught on.

Why would he only work at night, yet have video of him working in the day? He was trying to hide the real method after he was threatened.

If he just used pulleys and chains, none of this would have EVER been a mystery EVER. But, the truth is, he didn't always use pulleys and chains, and he moved those stones without them, and people noticed that. It then became a mystery.
edit on 17-2-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

People would ask how he built it because it is still a great accomplishment for one Man. He worked mostly at night because of the Florida heat. He would occasionally work during the day. He also used a track and rollers to move the stones through the yard. If you look back I posted a youtube link to Scott Russells channel. He made the tripods and Ed's sweet sixteen all in working order.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

How did Ed move all these carvings a distance of 10 miles? Ed had the chassis of an old Republic truck on which he laid two rails. He had a friend with a tractor move the loaded trailer from Florida City to Homestead. Ed lived a very simple life; he did not own a car. Instead, Ed would ride his bicycle 3.5 miles into town for food and supplies on a regular basis. Many people saw the coral carvings being moved along the Dixie Highway, but no one actually ever saw Ed loading or unloading the trailer. Ed did much of his work at night by lantern light and to help protect his privacy, he built numerous “lookouts” along the Castle walls. In 1940, after the carvings were in place, Ed finished erecting the walls. The coral walls weigh 125 pounds per cubic foot. Each section of wall is 8 feet tall, 4 feet wide, 3 feet thick, and weighs more than 58 tons! coralcastle.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: amy2x

Dear amy2x

Thanks so much I had not seen these pieces of film before.

However perhaps you could explain just how he managed to erect the tripod, then take it down and move it and then erect it again. They are telegraph poles. One guy doesn’t just prop them up. Just lifting the pulley’s and chains etc, looks like it would be beyond such a little guy.

Best Regards Paul

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
At 7:44 in the OP's video, even the narrator says Ed would only work at night, and be cryptic when people asked how he made his Castle....

Think about it...

Why would anyone ask how he built his castle? He was obviously using pulleys and chains right? He didn't ever hide his pulleys and chains, so people could see them laying around, but people still asked him how? Why?

He may not have hid his rigging per se but he also didn't go out of his way to publicize it either. It wasn't obvious at all, hence people inquiring as to the HOW of it all. If you recall from the video, there is still some of that rigging in a barn. The gear was put away and stored in the barn when not in use. It's not like he just left it laying around the yard out in the open for any visitors to see. Why did people ask him HOW he did it? Because he worked mostly at night, because the work was rather impressive, the stones enormous( some up to 30 tons) especially for a tiny little guy like Ed to be moving at all let alone by himself. To those that didn't understand the basic physics of how he was moving things it did seem magical or supernatural simply because they couldn't fathom how it could be done.

Because he didn't always use pulleys and chains, he had another method.

And this alternate method was?! And if there was this amazing alternate method, why go through all the trouble of setting up all that rigging for something that wasn't going to be used actively?

People who lived in his neighborhood noticed that, and caught on.

Oh they did, did they? and you can support this statement of fact with a citation right?

Why would he only work at night, yet have video of him working in the day?

because you weren't going to be filming much in the dark if you wanted people to see what you were doing so naturally you would do a demonstration during daylight hours if you were attempting to film it for whatever reason.

He was trying to hide the real method after he was threatened.

Threatened by whom? And this information comes from where?

If he just used pulleys and chains, none of this would have EVER been a mystery EVER. But, the truth is, he didn't always use pulleys and chains, and he moved those stones without them, and people noticed that. It then became a mystery.

No, completely incorrect. Ed created the "mystery" as a marketing ploy as his sole source of income was derived from giving tours of the in progress Castle at 10 cents a pop. How exactly did he move the stones when not utilizing the block and tackle rigging? If you're going to make such positive statements as if it is fact you need to back it up, a descriptor of what he used and how it was done and citations to support the claim. Otherwise you're just barking at invisible cats.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well That was Great!

I'm glad we KNOW now thanks to the film that was found. He did have a film for proof though - he has nothing like that film for his debunking of Ancient Aliens. This film and explanation is Tops, his debunking of Ancient Aliens is BS based on imagination.

See how he tries to use this footage to lend credence to his debunking of Ancient Aliens? That makes this guy a fraud in my book not to be trusted.
edit on 18-2-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Damn it! it's so annoying when all these mundane boring explanations come out.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

True BUT whats gets me is now it seems so obvious - why didn't anyone think of this before - we have all seen this tripod hoist in pics before.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

You're Welcome; To raise a pole,one just needs to dig a hole a few feet down in solid ground.Bottom of pole ends up in the hole. Place 2 ropes about 1/4 down from what will be the top of pole.Ropes are pulled outwards at an angleb on each side of pole with a winch or pully set up on each rope. Ed may have hired people to help him but one person could have done it with proper euipment.I read it took him 20 years to build the castle.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For what it counts I do not believe that things are so simple. I am inclined to think that something more than just a tripod hoist was used in his building technique.

Why?
because there are a few of his books which he published and are very interesting to say the least. I did not read them but I am certain he understood magnetism and other natural forces differently than common man. He was very similar to Tesla in that regard. At least various web pages seems to think so which are describing those books.

And some of his quotes are peculiar, for instance:
"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids. I have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons." ~ Edward Leedskalnin

And I do not believe that tripod hoist is THE secret...well who knows?

Link to an old thread about this stuff, for someone who would like to research more:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1424267686254February542542815 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Cool the coral castle mystery % 100.0 solved .... I guess you come in foxnews next.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: amy2x

Thanks, that is one of the more interesting videos I have seen on here. Time plus know-how and hard work can get one far.

I thought you may get a few people going nuh-uh, but I never thought so many would act like you just told them Santa wasn't real.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I really thought everybody knew how he did it. It was pretty common knowledge in the early 70's . I guess someone stole all his tools sometime after that. Cool place but nothing mysterious and really never was!!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

They make perfect sense to me. Maybe your obvious bias was clouding your eyes and ears.

Or my being able to make things that work, as opposed to having to resort to TDAMH and hucksterism.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You're Welcome; Understandable that some may be stuck on the mystical explanations of Coral Castle contruction. Ancient Aliens and other vifeo makers have done slick brainwashing pieces on Coral Castle. The box at the top of Tripod was explained in the video I posted but some still want to believe it is a magical device. Just the pictures of Ed hoisting blocks is enough for me to understand how he moved them The pics have been around a long time.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: aboutface
Good time to post this one again.

Is that going to work with 1500 ton blocks.. Or the 3000 to 4000 ton blocks monoliths found in Russian..

Purp..

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It seems to me that this video may have been on ats before yrs ago. I could be wrong but i think in other threads there was a video describing such but i could be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do you see what secrets do to the human mind? It influences one to use imagination to find truth, even when such is literally right in front of us. .

I for one knew Edward was nothing magical, just an engineer/mechanical type who used imagination to aid his physical obstacles.

Pullies and weight distribution, who would of thought!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Think about it...

Why would anyone ask how he built his castle? He was obviously using pulleys and chains right? He didn't ever hide his pulleys and chains, so people could see them laying around, but people still asked him how? Why? Because he didn't always use pulleys and chains, he had another method. People who lived in his neighborhood noticed that, and caught on.

Why would he only work at night, yet have video of him working in the day? He was trying to hide the real method after he was threatened.

--rolls eyes-- You ever been to Florida? It's hot. It's humid. Working at night = common sense. The mystery is dead. Let it go. He did not magic the stones into place. He used basic tools of science and leverage. You just saw it on video. Please, deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
For what it counts I do not believe that things are so simple. I am inclined to think that something more than just a tripod hoist was used in his building technique.

Why?
because there are a few of his books which he published and are very interesting to say the least. I did not read them but I am certain he understood magnetism and other natural forces differently than common man. He was very similar to Tesla in that regard. At least various web pages seems to think so which are describing those books.

And some of his quotes are peculiar, for instance:
"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids. I have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons." ~ Edward Leedskalnin

And I do not believe that tripod hoist is THE secret...well who knows?

Link to an old thread about this stuff, for someone who would like to research more:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you did not read the books, then how can you comment on them and say they are interesting? Seems a bit odd. Have you ever thought that the guy liked having fun with people? That he thought it was hilarious that people did not comprehend simple black and tackle and so he played a little game with everyone for fun? Just saying...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join