It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Is Jesus God of the dead or not? Jesus says he isn't, Paul says he is. Which is it?

Why would God allow Islam to corrupt his word?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

read what i posted in my last post above.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Christianity is NOT a death cult as you say and I don't believe it's is anywhere near the norm to believe it as such...
To contemplate his sacrifice and be sorry for your part in his suffering is a great blessing...it is a rather large sin to try to prevent others from doing so... Nor does it mean you worship his death...

further more how could you even consider that as an option?
to worship his death when he overcame death itself and offers you the same gift to raise you from death seems rather silly does it not?

I will say you were right to speak of love however, because that is the very essence of God himself his Holy Spirit...
If makind could keep his last and greatest commandment and love one another all and I do mean all of Mankinds problems would disappear...
All save mortality...
But people would not be starving to death, people would not be killing each other,nobody would even want for anything for anything, exept for those that are lost to them through death... So we could only be left to believe in the promise of our Lord who died for our sins and over came death to grant us this very same victory over death...
I say Christianity therefore could only be a belief in the LIFE which will be everlasting no more death involved at all...
A death cult???

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

So Satan got what he wanted basically? Why would Satan want mankind to be redeemed?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I had no part in Jesus' suffering so I have nothing to be sorry about.

Christians see his death as a means to an end. If he had not died, he would not have risen and achieved salvation for believers. His death precedes his resurrection, meaning his death was the determining factor in salvation. What did Jesus do for you? He DIED, not lived, but DIED for your sins, meaning you put the emphasis on his death and not the words he spoke before his crucifixion and supposed resurrection.
edit on 2/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: undo

So Satan got what he wanted basically? Why would Satan want mankind to be redeemed?

he didn't, that's why he tried to seduce jesus into taking the easy route when he offered him the planet's title of ownership, provided he did so under his command. (remember the scene where he takes jesus up into a "high mountain" over looking the earth and says something like - "tell ya what i'm gonna do, you agree to be under my authority, and i'll just give it to you." insinuating that jesus wouldn't have to fulfill his end of the deal . like an out of court settlement.
edit on 15-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 (Dionysius, Bachus, other "forms")

Look it's what's on the inside that counts. We can talk astro theology, annunaki or which ever way you want to play dress up. There's a deep truth wrapped in mystery for those willing to die to themselves. A lot of people want to get to heaven, but nobody wants to die to get there. Pain or love, me I had to learn the hard way. For what it's worth I used to feel the same way about Paul earlier on)

Eh, thanks for the thread I've learned some things here.

edit on 15-2-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: fleshed out some more

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have such a yearning to know the real Jesus becuase I feel like I have had prayers come true so I know he is there. Yet I have an internal struggle to shed the guilt I have for not believing in religion anymore. So I love threads like this and it's very well written, I'm looking forward to reading more replies.
edit on 15-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Than you can not be human for you are free from sin...
he died for all sins that includes yours...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Paul's words are Jesus's words.

im afraid not...

You should really look into this before believing what you've been told...

Sigh...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Let go of the guilt. Religion is a tool for us to grow closer to God. Explore, put your best foot forward, and keep looking. Only God can judge us, believe in yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That's exactly my point. He DIED for my sins, not lived, but DIED for them. All emphasis on his DEATH (cult) and not the life he lived before his crucifixion.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I am glad to see that you have that yearning. I like threads like these because I myself was an atheist once and raised in a non religious household. All I knew about religion was basically what others had told me. This is why atheism has become popular due to ignorance of the bible and Christ/The lords message and plan. What people do know is a very simplistic version of events and a few cherry picked passages like the OP is doing. I even recall a time when I was sternly convinced that no matter how well evidence would be presented to me that I was too far gone to believe such things having spent years rationalizing my non-belief and believing much of the anti-religious rhetoric. I simply thank God for reaching out and literally in a way tapping me on my shoulder ( a metaphysical experience is the only way I can describe it) and allowing me to experience him through the lives of others. Hopefully the same will happen for yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I used to be a Christian, so how is your change any more "right" than mine?

I see you ignored my question. Is Jesus God of the dead or not? Paul says he is, Jesus says he isn't. Who's right? It can't be both.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I have such a yearning to know the real Jesus becuase I feel like I have had prayers come true so I know he is there.

Look... IF you have this yearning to know him, theres only one way...

its not reading threads on ATS... its certainly listening to others preach about what they think they know about him

Read... the... gospels

that is how you learn about Jesus... and how you learn about the true God

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So do you believe any of the words attributed to Christ in the bible? I am familiar with your stance having encountered this same merry go round with you before. I just don't see how what you do know or claim to know of Christ comes from the bible yet what you dislike in the bible you claim as false. Again if the bible is inspired by God either through the prophets or the apostles how can any of it be considered false? Why would he allow that to happen? Does he expect you to just conjure up the life of Christ from your imagination? The laws that he gave to man? It doesn't hold logically.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 14
9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

He IS God of the dead.

Who is right? Paul or Jesus?

Duder... you seem to not be reading the rest of the verses you quote. He is the god of both the dead and the living. In short he is the God of all. that is all that paul is saying man.

edit on 15-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

So you do have an axe to grind? In regards to Paul you are cherry picking. As a former christian you should understand context and symbolic language and all of that jazz correct? Then you are simply playing word games to grind your axe?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Dude... Jesus says he is NOT the God of the dead. Paul says he IS the God of the dead. Jesus didn't say he was God of both the living and dead like Paul says, he said he is ONLY the God of the living and NOT of the dead. Paul says both, Jesus says only one.

Again, who's right? Paul or Jesus? It can't be both.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Why are you avoiding the question? The only axe I have to grind is that of truth.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that people are being intellectually dishonest, avoiding tough questions, and overlooking simple logic in favor of the illogical. Sorry if that comes off as me being blunt.

I'm going to bed, good night everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join