It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And yet he overcame death, and while being necessary to complete his life as man we as Christians do not worship a dead Christ as he overcame it and ascended into heaven not dead but alive see...
This is not the chicken or the egg dilema...
Which by co incidence can only be solved when you accept God as part of the equation...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Also as a Christian you should be trying to live by his example which was when he was alive...
this is Fear of God, that is not scared God will strike you dead it is instead the abhorrence of evil...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Your question has been answered several times in this thread. Furthermore you have been called out on avoiding the context of the passages you are using. Again you believe some of the bible but not all of it? You believe the Lord God can not make and keep his word incorruptible? or that he only wanted some of his message to be heard? Your logic for your reasoning in other words fails.

Similar to Akragon who is one of those red letter types you guys cant just pick and choose what to believe from the book. It is continuous message contained throughout its entirety for reasons already stated.

link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Clearly you don't know my stance on Jesus if you can make that statement...

And by the way, you and I have had few words... very few, in fact I believe the only time you and I have actually had any sort of conversation was long ago... and you did not hold the same beliefs as you do now

You simply can't make statements like "either the bible was inspired by God or not"... that is a very Christian, and very naïve stance to take with such a book....

First.. its not one book...

Second... there wasn't one author...

Third... In most cases we don't even know who wrote a good portion of the books within the bible...

We know for scientific fact that some things in the bible did not happen... adam and eve... Noah's flood... the exodus... they're myth's...

the laws the OT god gave to man... they were made before Sinai...

And there is no need to conjure up anything about Christ... everything that is needed is found in the four books...

Then it all gets twisted and manipulated by the church, and by adding the other books to the four... calling it one book

such nonsense...

It wasn't inspired by God... it is a compilation of 66 books... written by men...

Four of which were men documenting the life of the son of God...

Similar to Akragon who is one of those red letter types you guys cant just pick and choose what to believe from the book. It is continuous message contained throughout its entirety for reasons already stated.

That is simply not true...

Only Christians believe such things... there is no reason to believe that the bible is one book because its not...

it doesn't hold the same message all the way though either... that is something pushed by the church

edit on 15-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Punisher75

Dude... Jesus says he is NOT the God of the dead. Paul says he IS the God of the dead. Jesus didn't say he was God of both the living and dead like Paul says, he said he is ONLY the God of the living and NOT of the dead.

Again, who's right? Paul or Jesus? It can't be both.

Why not?
They do not contradict one another in anyone's mind but your own. You apply a really bizarre hermeneutic.

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

I would think that being the lord God of all flesh would mean everyone.
Do you think he stopped being the God of Abraham when Abraham gave up his mortal coil?

edit on 15-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Clearly you don't know my stance on Jesus if you can make that statement...

And by the way, you and I have had few words... very few, in fact I believe the only time you and I have actually had any sort of conversation was long ago... and you did not hold the same beliefs as you do now

You simply can't make statements like "either the bible was inspired by God or not"... that is a very Christian, and very naïve stance to take with such a book....

First.. its not one book...

Second... there wasn't one author...

Third... In most cases we don't even know who wrote a good portion of the books within the bible...

We know for scientific fact that some things in the bible did not happen... adam and eve... Noah's flood... the exodus... they're myth's...

the laws the OT god gave to man... they were made before Sinai...

And there is no need to conjure up anything about Christ... everything that is needed is found in the four books...

Then it all gets twisted and manipulated by the church, and by added the other books to the four... calling it one book

such nonsense...

It wasn't inspired by God... it is a compilation of 66 books... written by men...

Four of which were men documenting the life of the son of God...

So God is not omniscient? He was not cognizant of what his message would become nor would he offer a way for people to come to be saved? Even though that is his will stated throughout all of the books. Yes I know 66 books 40 authors all inspired by Gods will and the Holy Spirit. So the people who "corrupted the book" kept all of the important red letter parts in there to do what exactly? Negate their corruptions?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Jesus is saying he is not the God of the dead because they will be ruled by satan...
Paul says he is God of the dead because of those he saves from death...
When you are Dead the flesh will pass away, when you are raised from death you will have a new incorruptible body of flesh which will be your own...
The proof is in the bible for not a hair will be left uncounted and U will see the Lord with mine own eyes...
So all of those statements remain true...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

So God is not omniscient? He was not cognizant of what his message would become nor would he offer a way for people to come to be saved?

I didn't say that did I?

So the people who "corrupted the book" kept all of the important red letter parts in there to do what exactly? Negate their corruptions?

Corrupted the book?

it is what it is... it was written by men, and thus.... subject to mans flaws...

there happen to be some people who were present when the son of God walked the earth... a few decided that the information might be important so they wrote "some things" down... not knowing they would inspire a religion that would dominate the entire planet...

that was part of Gods will.... seek and ye shall find...

IF one looks and truly wants to find God, they can... and will through the book... but the true message is hidden unless you know where to look... and its simple as pie...

Yet hard to perfect...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Where has it been answered? You haven't answered it and Punishers answer didn't resolve the contradiction in any way, he basically said "they're both right" and that's it. If Paul was saying that Jesus is God of all by saying both the living and dead, then what was Jesus saying by saying he was ONLY God of the living and NOT the dead? That he isn't God of all?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Jesus is saying he is not the God of the dead because they will be ruled by satan...
Paul says he is God of the dead because of those he saves from death...
When you are Dead the flesh will pass away, when you are raised from death you will have a new incorruptible body of flesh which will be your own...
The proof is in the bible for not a hair will be left uncounted and U will see the Lord with mine own eyes...
So all of those statements remain true...

I have no doubt at all what you are saying.
My point is only that Paul is not saying anything to discredit that Christ is the God of the Living. All I am saying is that God is the God of all regardless they choose to worship him or not.
The only Point Paul is making is that God is the God of all, even those who have physically passed away.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

What? You cannot be serious.

So God is God of both the living AND dead? Jesus says he is not God of the dead, Paul says he is. The contradiction is as clear as day, you refusing to acknowledge it does not mean it isn't there.

Mental gymnastics man, you're a pro.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

So God is not omniscient? He was not cognizant of what his message would become nor would he offer a way for people to come to be saved?

I didn't say that did I?

So the people who "corrupted the book" kept all of the important red letter parts in there to do what exactly? Negate their corruptions?

Corrupted the book?

it is what it is... it was written by men, and thus.... subject to mans flaws...

there happen to be some people who were present when the son of God walked the earth... a few decided that the information might be important so they wrote "some things" down... not knowing they would inspire a religion that would dominate the entire planet...

that was part of Gods will.... seek and ye shall find...

IF one looks and truly wants to find God, they can... and will through the book... but the true message is hidden unless you know where to look... and its simple as pie...

Yet hard to perfect...

You stated previously that the story of Noah is not true. Yet Jesus own words which you say are the true events say "Just as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in coming of the son of man." Your statements contradict themselves which is to be expected when you only hear what you want to hear from the bible. It is what it is.
edit on 15-2-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Where has it been answered? You haven't answered it and Punishers answer didn't resolve the contradiction in any way, he basically said "they're both right" and that's it. If Paul was saying that Jesus is God of all by saying both the living and dead, then what was Jesus saying by saying he was ONLY God of the living and NOT the dead? That he isn't God of all?

Because there is no Contradiction
If I say I am my Fathers son that don't mention my relationship with my wife does that mean I am not married?
Of course not context is king.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

My last post should have been a response to you and not punisher to show you how there is no contradiction...
Stop playing games, are you trying to start your own cult?
Do you know what blasphemy is?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

What? You cannot be serious.

So God is God of both the living AND dead? Jesus says he is not God of the dead, Paul says he is. The contradiction is as clear as day, you refusing to acknowledge it does not mean it isn't there.

Mental gymnastics man, you're a pro.

Yes God is still a persons God even if they pass away. This is not brain surgery man.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So what does Jesus mean by saying he's not God of the dead? That he's not God of all?

link   

I didn't say noah didn't exist... I said the flood was a myth...

there isn't a shred of evidence that there was EVER a world wide flood...

IF the flood was local its possible... and "noah" did not gather two of every critter on the planet...

the whole thing falls apart when one looks into the details...

Its just a story... it might have some truth to it... but IF there is any, it certainly didn't happen how it is recorded...

link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

My last post should have been a response to you and not punisher to show you how there is no contradiction...
Stop playing games, are you trying to start your own cult?
Do you know what blasphemy is?

Aw sorry for the confusion.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yet Jesus says he is not. This isn't rocket science.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

So what does Jesus mean by saying he's not God of the dead? That he's not God of all?

No what he is saying is that through him you will have eternal life in the spiritual sense.
In this case. Christ is speaking in allegory Paul is speaking literally.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join