It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Worshiping a man's death and torture and believing that it was good is a very morbid thing. Jesus did not come to die for sins, he came to teach us the way to God, and that does not include his death at the hands of the Romans. How do you come to God? Not by believing in a sacrifice that Jesus himself said he had no desire for, it is by loving others as yourself and loving God. If you love others then that is a sign of loving God, whether you acknowledge it or not.

John 15
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Jesus' commands were to love others as yourself and to love God. No sacrifice or belief in a sacrifice is needed in order to come to God, all that is needed is love for others.

1 John 4
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

If God is love then to love others is to know God, it really is as simple as that. Jesus echoes this sentiment in every word he speaks.

Matthew 9
13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Was Jesus shown any mercy while he was sacrificed on the cross? No, he was brutally and mercilessly killed. Why would Jesus say he didn't desire sacrifice when he "knew" it was the means to the end: salvation?

If he wanted everyone to be saved, and his sacrifice was the only way to salvation, then it goes to reason that he desired the sacrifice, because he desired everyone to be saved, right? Yet he says he did not desire sacrifice, but mercy. What is mercy? An outward manifestation of love for another person. To show someone mercy is a sign of love for them. Jesus tells us to love others to remain in he and his Father's love.

This flies in the face of mainstream Christian beliefs. Anyone who believes Jesus' torture and sacrifice was necessary for salvation is slapping Jesus in the face in my opinion, ignoring the words he said in favor of someone else's: Paul's.

Matthew 26
39 He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

This is right before Jesus was arrested and nailed to the cross.

Like I said before, if Jesus desired that everyone be saved, and he "knew" his sacrifice was the only way, then why is he asking God to take the cup of his crucifixion from him? Is this a sign that he did not desire salvation for everyone? Or are Jesus' words and ministry completely misinterpreted by Christians and the church? I believe it is the latter.

Mark 12
33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

Again, this passage flies in the face of mainstream Christian teachings. Jesus agrees that loving others and God is more important than ALL sacrifices, his supposed sacrifice included. Jesus could have easily rebuked the man speaking in the above passage, but he doesn't, he agrees with him. Jesus agrees that loving others and God is more important than all sacrifices.

So in short, Jesus says that he does not desire sacrifice, he agrees with a man who said loving others is more important than sacrifice, and he asks God to pass his cup of suffering to someone else implying that he did not desire salvation for all through his crucifixion.

So why do Christians believe that his sacrifice was necessary and that it is the most important thing of all? Because they have been lied to, they have been indoctrinated into believing death brings life. Only life brings life.

If a woman is pregnant and dies, the baby dies along with her. The mother must be alive in order for the baby to be born. ONLY LIFE BRINGS LIFE, a man's death on a cross does not bring life, it only brings death.

Matthew 22
31"But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32'I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB '? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

God is God of the living, not the dead.

What is sin? It is death.

Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Don't Christians believe that sin is within them? If the wages of sin is death, and Christians agree they sin all the time and that sin lives within them, doesn't that mean they are dead inside? How is the God of the living their God when they are dead inside because of the sin that is within them?

Mainstream Christianity contradicts Jesus at every turn, ignoring his words in favor of a warm fuzzy feeling inside that belief in his sacrifice means they are saved and grants them a ticket to eternal bliss on the other side of death.

Those who worship Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as the way to eternal life are worshipers of death. When you worship a man's death you become dead inside, a metaphorical zombie who eats others brains and turns them into a zombie through evangelism.

God is God of the living, not the dead. Jesus hanging dead on the cross has nothing to do with God according to Jesus, because it is death personified. Why do Christians believe that God granted us salvation through the DEATH of his son?

Stop worshiping death, it is a death sentence. Start worshiping life. Be grateful for the life you are given in the here and now, not the death of a man 2,000 years ago.

Deuteronomy 4
16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman

God tells us not to be corrupted by an image in the form of a man or woman. Jesus is the image of God according to the bible, and Jesus is in the form of a man. Christianity is idol and death worship, it claims that the image of God came in the form of a man. God tells you not to be corrupted by images/idols in the form of men.

You have been duped. Please wake up people.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great thread looking forward to following this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Great post! I couldn't agree more with what you've said and if the Bible was stripped to the words of Jesus the typical Christian mentality would be much different. I can't say all because once I got over my personal angst from the realization I was duped by the Church in my youth, I've since been able to see things with less biased and there really are some people, even sometimes whole churches who actually get it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Good thread! I agree with most of your opinions.

Christianity has been perverted by Paul and the Catholic Church. I think it is quite clear that there are some worrisome contradictions between Jesus and Paul. Alas, Christians will just say that we have misinterpreted the scriptures, even though they themselves have been told how to interpret them and what to think by the church.

What if the Catholic Church is wrong or intentionally misrepresenting the scriptures? I'd say it seems possible...After all, what did become the Catholic Church was once only one Christian denomination out of many. That was, of course, before it became Rome's religion and started persecuting and denouncing other Christians who subscribed to different beliefs than them...

Nevertheless, it is only a matter of time until this thread kicks up some dust.

edit on 14-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Christianity is the work of plagerism from much earlier Sumerian and Egyptain (among other) beliefs, myths, legends, folklure, and tall tales.

I used to be a bible-thumping Christain, and I KNOW for CERTAIN that all long-term Christains out there are mentally lazy and do not care to discover the truth about their faith.

And the same goes for the other main flavors of organized religion.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Luca1664

I 100% agree with you here. Jesus' words are all that matter, he taught us the way to God. Christians do not follow Jesus' words, they follow the words of Paul more than anything else.

Why was Paul needed? Weren't Jesus' words enough? His words are crystal clear and very easy to understand, Paul's are as clear as mud and hard to understand. Even Peter agrees that Paul's teachings are hard to understand.

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Jesus' yoke (teachings) were easy and light, Paul's yoke is heavy and a true burden. Paul is the antichrist that John said was already in the world.

Paul teaches death (sacrifice), Jesus teaches life.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Perhaps we could go so far as to say most Christians are actually Paulians...

most know Pauls words, yet hardly know anything in the gospels...

Pauls way is easy, it requires nothing but words... Jesus required action not just words

Faith alone is NOT "the way"

edit on 14-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Yeah, Christianity is a tool used to divide us, not to bring us together, the 20,000+ denominations agree with that premise. Christianity is the most divided community around today. Jesus wished for unity, not 20,000 different interpretations that cause discord between believers.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Gospel of Thomas
(12) The disciples said to Jesus: We know that you will depart from us; who is it who will be great over us? Jesus said to them: Wherever you have come, you will go to James the Just, for whose sake heaven and earth came into being.

Why James? Because he taught the truth, that "faith without works is dead". Paul says the opposite.

Romans 4
5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Works or faith? Jesus says works.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

actually he says both are required...

they complement each other

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: daaskapital

Yeah, Christianity is a tool used to divide us, not to bring us together, the 20,000+ denominations agree with that premise. Christianity is the most divided community around today. Jesus wished for unity, not 20,000 different interpretations that cause discord between believers.

It is an unfortunate situation that the religion is subjected to such disunity, but i think it is even worse that most modern understandings of the religion come from the Catholic Church and the denominations it spawned through schisms over time. Many denominations still follow a lot of the teachings as agreed to and established by the Catholic Church, even if there are some notable differences. They still believe in many of the same core concepts and bible. If the Catholic Church was, and is wrong on many of the core concepts, it is likely that most of the denominations today are also wrong.

edit on 14-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

If God is love then to love others is to know God

So loving others, truly being a loving person, is sufficient for god? To know god is to love?

If so why this:

Mark 16:15-16
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

^Am I wrong to think condemned means a one way trip to Hell?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Another Christian-bashing thread. The un-enlightened one seems to like doing this. Have at it, have fun, it's a waste of breath here for me to stay.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Early on, in Genesis he prefers a blood sacrifice from Abel, over Cains' sacrifice from the earth.

“By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he had witness borne to him that he was righteous, God bearing witness in respect of his gifts: and through it he being dead yet speaketh” (11:4).
How did Abel present his sacrifice unto the Lord? It was by faith. Moses did not write that Cain offered his sacrifice by faith, and no New Testament writer comments on the faith of Cain demonstrated by this offering.

If Cain did not offer his gifts unto God by faith, then how did he worship? The opposite of faith is by sight (2 Cor. 5:7), that is, through human intuition .

Cain worshipped according to “sight” — according to what his own senses and wisdom dictated would be an honorable gift unto the Lord.

No doubt, his produce was lovely to look upon. No doubt, he labored over those crops until the harvest. No doubt he anticipated that all the hard work, time, and care he had spent on those offerings would be acceptable.

That's just from one christian sites page (linked above).
edit on 22u0210pmb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

That is from after Jesus' resurrection, anything from Jesus' mouth after the resurrection cannot be trusted in my opinion. The resurrection is the biggest lie of all, so him speaking after the resurrection is a lie.

After Jesus came back to life, the apostles caught the multitude of fish. This symbolizes Christians (fish) being entrapped in a net of lies. He also reinstates Peter after he resurrects, Peter denied him and sat with the Roman soldiers at his trial.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It's a shame but for the handful of great teachers mankind has had whom were willing to truly put all regard for themselves second to others there is an endless line of parasites looking to sustain themselves by using there personal motives to manipulate what was given freely to all

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

If "Christian-bashing" means "lie-bashing" then yes, I bash lies all the time. Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion though.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I agree, but works is what leads to faith, not the other way around. Works are greater than faith because faith is what is gained from good works.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Take a look at the details of that story...

Cain offered the fruit of his hard work and labour...

Able offered the blood of an innocent animal...

Gives you an idea of what this so called god was about...

The Father of Jesus did not want blood or sacrifice of the innocent...

the sacrifice must come from within...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Another Christian-bashing thread. The un-enlightened one seems to like doing this. Have at it, have fun, it's a waste of breath here for me to stay.

Wrong. Its the enlightened ones who reveal a fictional religion my friend.

It is not wrong in the least to "bash" a fictional faith. This coming from myself, a former bible-thumping Christain who seeks truth over fiction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join