It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't watch videos, I prefer reading the opinions of the poster themselves.

And you turn away from God every day right? Because you're a sinner.

John 9
31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

If sinning is going against the will of God, and you sin every day, then God does not listen to you.
edit on 2/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Shows what assuming will get you eh...

Funny you should say that though... The god of the OT is kinda like an armpit too...

It doesn't look very good in the light, and only smells decent when you cover it with something...

Fun stuff though

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry most don't believe in a god? Where? Here in the States the majority of the country is still religious.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh He listens.

And don't bother telling me He doesn't because you aren't me and you aren't Him. You shouldn't presume to speak for either of us.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, that's not what Paul said, he simply said "I die daily". You're using eisegesis, drawing out a meaning that is not there in order to bolster your presuppositions and biases.

Really what then do you think it means?
Lets post the whole passage, so you can exegete for us.

1st Corinthians 15:29-34

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

link   

He listens to the godly person who does his will. No one is godly in the eyes of a Christian, we're all sinners remember?

link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I'm sorry most don't believe in a god? Where? Here in the States the majority of the country is still religious.

No here on ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

And through belief we are also forgiven if we repent. Remember?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Shows what assuming will get you eh...

Funny you should say that though... The god of the OT is kinda like an armpit too...

It doesn't look very good in the light, and only smells decent when you cover it with something...

Fun stuff though

Not sure why you are trying to be insulting when you know that you are speaking to someone who has a faith.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Paul tells you not to sin. Oh well, too bad, sin is unavoidable. Right?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Christianity is the work of plagerism from much earlier Sumerian and Egyptain (among other) beliefs, myths, legends, folklure, and tall tales.

I used to be a bible-thumping Christain, and I KNOW for CERTAIN that all long-term Christains out there are mentally lazy and do not care to discover the truth about their faith.

And the same goes for the other main flavors of organized religion.

this is true for enemies of it, as well. i can't begin to count the number of times i've read people quoting papal decrees as if they were in the bible, when most of them have nothing to do with the bible, such as christmas being december 25th, when the bible says no such thing. or the idea that noah stuffed all the animals of the earth in the ark, when the text actually says 7 clean in pairs, 7 fowl in pairs, and 2 unclean in pairs (that's 32 animals, not all the animals on the earth).

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No, you are only forgiven when you forgive others.

Matthew 6
14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15"But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Wow, imagine that, no mention of belief in a sacrifice. That's Jesus for ya though!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Im Not trying to be insulting... just stating a fact...

You can't make the god of the OT look good... its just not possible...

You can have all the faith in the world, but that particular entity is a blood thirsty tyrant...

Christians don't realise this because they don't actually read the book for the most part... they listen to their pastors

Example... IF the book of job is real...(lucky for Christianity its not) look what this god did to job, who was a "righteous man" good in all ways... just to prove to satan (of all people!!) that job was faithful

edit on 14-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Paul tells you not to sin. Oh well, too bad, sin is unavoidable. Right?

Good Grief! He's talking to a group of skeptics ... like you. He is talking a roomful of people, some of whom are saying ... whatever, Christ wasn't resurrected. And he is outlining the futility of what he just got done preaching if, in fact, Christ was no resurrected by God.

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them? 30 And as for us, why do we endanger ourselves every hour? 31 I face death every day—yes, just as surely as I boast about you in Christ Jesus our Lord. 32 If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised,

“Let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die.”[

Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[e] 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Nice. Another Christian hating circle-jerk lead by none other than the "enlightened one". Tell me, does it feel good calling us a bunch of necromancers and haters?
edit on 14-2-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Because you believe they are Christ's words. Or is Jesus not Yahweh anymore?

So I spent some time rereading the pertinent text around Deuteronomy to try to understand what you meant here before I responded and I am still not sure what you mean.

You do know the words spoken in the passage are not attributed to God but rather to Moses right?
This is clearly seen if you start at verse 10 and begin reading from there instead of verse 16

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I'm sure it's no different than what you think of me.

Yet again, a Christian addressing the poster instead of the information presented by the poster.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So Moses' words in this instance weren't inspired by God's truth? Hmmmm...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No, you are only forgiven when you forgive others.

Matthew 6
14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15"But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Wow, imagine that, no mention of belief in a sacrifice. That's Jesus for ya though!

Read the account of the last supper.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

"And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."

Paul is addressing those who have faith in Jesus.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join